Telecommunications Management and Operations
Skilled professional with 28 years of experience in Department of Defense telecommunications, with a primary focus in DoD satellite operations, maintenance and network control. Possess a wide range of skills to include: Information Systems Management, Logistics/Maintenance Management, Personnel Management and Technical Writing.
TACTICAL MISSION DIRECTOR May 2007 to Present
CGI Federal, Inc. – Scott AFB, IL
* Track, monitor, schedule and plan connectivity for all tactical satellite and terrestrial missions requiring Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) access through DoD Enterprise Gateway facilities.
* Communicate directly with tactical users, STEP/Teleport managers, Ground Mobile Forces Controllers, DISA Contingency Exercise Branch and individual DISN Network Operations Centers (NOC) to facilitate mission troubleshooting.
* Provide DISA representation at appropriate DoD satellite/Contingency Exercise Branch working groups.
* Utilize the Remedy Action Request System to create, review and update master and subordinate trouble tickets to reflect current mission statuses.
* Review all After Action Reports (AAR) and take appropriate actions to resolve organizational issues.
SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER January 2006 to April 2007
Oberon Associates Inc. – Scott AFB, IL
* Served as the lead supervisor responsible for all operations at the Defense Information Systems Agency-CONUS, SATCOM Network Operations Center.
* Monitored and maintained Defense Satellite Communication System (DSCS) network and SATCOM terminal status while directing network configuration control.
* Kept appropriate agencies and control elements informed of the operational status of assigned DSCS facilities and networks.
* Routinely reviewed and analyzed network operating parameters and compared them to the approved Operational Database (ODB).
* Issued Operational Directive Messages (ODMs) to exercise operational direction over the DSCS.
* Performed trend analysis by routinely reviewing reports to identify persistent, abnormal carrier levels or other violations of approved parameters.
PROMINA RESOURCE MANAGER June 2005 to December 2005
Automation Precision Technology, LLC. – Scott AFB, IL
* Maintained and updated Promina circuit and trunk changes in the Resource Integrated Management System (RIMS) database for all assigned nodes.
* Managed Promina Telecommunications Service Requests (TSRs), Telecommunications Service Orders (TSOs), Completion Reports, and Status of Acquisition Messages (SAMs); Performed direct nodal management changes through the Promina operator interface, disabling ports, trunks, links and CSU modules upon completion of Promina requirements.
* Reviewed DISA Direct Order Entry (DDOE) customer requirements and recommended necessary DISN transport solutions; coordinated with users to retrieve equipment from discontinued circuits and trunks to be reused in new requirements.
IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATOR October 2003 to May 2005
Automation Precision Technology, LLC. – Scott AFB, IL
* Provided technical support to research, survey, develop, and write provisioning and acquisition documents to transition existing telecommunications services onto the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN).
* Assigned DISN transition taskings to support personnel, providing functional guidance, supervision, and quality assurance/quality control.
* Utilized DDOE, WWOLS, RIMS, Army/AF TCOSS, and DITCO Online on a daily basis to document transition requirements, technical parameters for service, interface specifications, service locations, contacts, vendor demarcation points, and other detailed circuit information.
* Completed approximately 600 Review and Revalidations (R&R) of DISA circuits.
* Identified numerous problems with the DDOE program and submitted 12 Software Development Exception Reports for improvement.
ELECTRONICS MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR June 2001 to August 2003
Regional Signal Group, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe - Mons, Belgium
* Served on a NATO Regional Operations Center (ROC) team that maintained 24/7 communications and information systems network surveillance and control for all NATO HQ communications systems and circuits; worked directly with outside agencies and users to troubleshoot problems and find solutions; used Remedy software and applicable circuit management databases on a daily basis; provided daily briefings to the Group Commander and staff on all outages and system statuses.
* Provided direct liaison coordination between maintenance facilities and supported activities for all communications-electronics equipment repair and replacement; coordinated, prepared and submitted requests for all contractual maintenance support and contributed to the development of numerous logistics and maintenance support plans, policies and programs.
* Efficiently managed over $1,000,000 in service contracts for communications and information systems and saved the organization an estimated $11,000 by submitting an alternate solution to a computer warranty contract.
* Commended by the Brigade Commander for pinpointing a parts acquisition system failure that seriously hindered mission readiness.
SATCOM OPERATIONS CHIEF July 1998 to May 2001
Regional SATCOM Support Center (RSSC-CONUS), U.S. Army Space Command - Tampa, Florida
* Senior military representative responsible for the supervision of 16 Army and Air Force personnel performing SHF/EHF/UHF satellite communications planning and configuration and the administration of Satellite Access Authorizations (SAA). Performed satellite access planning for EHF/UHF users on Milstar and UFO satellites using MCPT-I software.
* Assisted the Director in the overall management and supervision of 6 DOD civilians and 4 contractors, advising on all phases of the mission to include operations, maintenance, logistics and training.
SATCOM MAINTENANCE CHIEF August 1995 to June 1998
1st Satellite Control Battalion, U.S. Army Space Command - Okinawa, Japan
* Responsible for maintenance supervision and equipment accountability for a strategic satellite earth terminal, 10 major satellite subsystems, 206 items of test equipment and 954 repair parts valued at over $40,000,000.
* Supervisory and organizational skills were instrumental in improving a previously deficient maintenance section and achieving "Excellence" ratings during the 1996, 1997, and 1998 Command Inspections in all rated areas.
SATCOM STATION CHIEF August 1992 to July 1995
Defense Satellite Communications Station - Landstuhl, Germany
* Supervised 40 soldiers in the operations and maintenance of the largest satellite communications earth station in Europe.
* Served as a COMSEC Custodian for two years supporting eight major Defense Communications Facilities through the receipt, storage, shipment, record keeping, inspection and 100% accountability of over 450 items of COMSEC equipment and aids.
* Planned and coordinated all ship to shore communications.
SATCOM OPERATIONS CHIEF September 1988 to July 1992
Information Systems Command - Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
* Supervised 40 personnel in the daily operations and maintenance of a satellite communications station consisting of three strategic satellite earth terminals and associated subsystems.
SATCOM SHIFT SUPERVISOR December 1984 to August 1988
Information Systems Command - Okinawa, Japan
* Supervised a five-member team in the operations and maintenance of two strategic satellite earth terminals.
B.S., Information Systems Management, 2000
University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, Maryland
Licenses and Certifications
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification, 2007
* iDirect IP Modem Operations & Maintenance v2.3, 2012
* ViaSat Linkstar IP Modem Network Operations, 2011
* VX SHOUT Installation & Configuration, 2011
* Multiplexer Integration and DCSS Automation System (MIDAS), 2010
* iDirect IP Modem Operations & Maintenance Course, 2008
* Defense Satellite Communications System Integrated Management System (DIMS), 2006
* Satellite Network Engineering Course, 2006
* Optera 3500/SONET Synchronous Digital Hierarchy, 2003
* Information Systems Security Officer Course, 1999
* Interservice Space Fundamentals Course, 1999
* Milstar Command Post Terminal Operator Course, 1999
* Heavy Terminal/Medium Terminal (HT/MT) Modernization Maintenance Course, AN/GSC-39B, 1996
* SATCOM Systems Network Coordinator (Satellite Controller) Course, 1995
* Ground Mobile Forces Gateway Expansion Course, 1991
* Defense Satellite Control System, Frequency Control Subsystem (DFCS) Operations and Maintenance Course, 1989
* SATCOM Terminal Operations and Maintenance Course, AN/GSC-52 Earth Terminal, 1988
* SATCOM Terminal Operations and Maintenance Course, AN/MSC-46 Earth Terminal, 1984
* SATCOM Ground Station Equipment Repair Course, 1984
* DISA Contractor of the Quarter, 2012
* DISA DGS Contractor of the Quarter, 2008
* Distinguished Honor Graduate - Milstar Command Post Terminal Operator Course, 1999
* Distinguished Honor Graduate - SATCOM Systems Network Coordinator Course, 1995
* Cash award of $3,825 for a suggestion that resulted in an annual savings of $125,000 to the Department of Defense
* Distinguished Honor Graduate - AN/GSC-52 SATCOM Terminal Course, 1988
Top Secret Security Clearance
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.