Date of Birth: 14/10/1990
2012-2013 International Space University (ISU), Strasbourg, France
MSc Space Studies
- The course specifically concentrates towards gaining a coherent view of the space industry in its entirety, with a focus on the engineering, human, physical science and humanity aspects.
- Participating in a team project to evaluate the Arctic with consideration given to navigation and resources.
- Proposed and working on an Individual Project entitled 'Social Media Strategy for Women In Aerospace (WIA)' which intends to inspire the next generation about the space industry with WIA as a potential client for this social media service.
2012 International Space University (ISU), Strasbourg, France
Space Studies Programme (SSP'12 Host site: Melbourne, Florida)
- Many aspects of space were studied including human spaceflight, life sciences, systems engineering, and space policy and law.
- A team project entitled NGSS (Next Generation Space Station) BLISS was carried out with an interdisciplinary team which concluded in the creation of a guidebook to future space station design that is tailored to the intended use of the station. I was responsible for the evaluation of Station Science which considered on-board experiments as well as station architecture in accordance with human performance in space. I was also a key member of the editing group in order to ensure that each submission remained at high standards of written quality of work.
- Joined the Space and Society department in which I proposed a space-themed smart phone application game design as part of my Individual Project.
July 2011 European Space Agency, Space Medicine for Health on Earth Workshop
- Worked well as part of the international team 'Basic Life Support in Hypogravity' to develop the 'Seated Arm Lock (SAL)' method of CPR.
- Collaborated with NASA, DLR, ESA and CSA personnel.
2009-2012 University of Birmingham, UK
Bsc Biological Sciences
- Modules taken include Cell Biology, Molecules of Life, Ecology, Plant Biology, Animal Sensory Systems and Neurobiology & Behaviour
- The final year project that I undertook investigated the influence of maternal age on the occurrence of aneuploidy, which occurs when a cell has an incorrect number of chromosomes due to errors in meiosis.
- I also devised a project in which insect diapause is suggested as a potential mechanism for human exploitation. Potential applications of this form of suspended animation include the use of generation ships during interstellar travel and medical use on trauma patients.
2002-2009 Tolworth Girls' School 11 GCSEs A*-B
English Literature A
AS Level Chemistry
September 2013 - Present - Writer at Space Safety Magazine
- Writes weekly articles for the international magazine focused on safety-related issues affecting space as well as safety on Earth from space events and objects. Jointly published by the International Association for Advancement of Space Safety (IAASS) and the International Space Safety Foundation (ISSF).
May - Aug 2013 -NASA Ames Research Center, Intern
· Worked in the New Media & Innovations Team on developing projects to increase public communication with NASA.
· Projects include: NASA website building, Art, Science & Tech/Eng convergence, Public Affairs work such as article writing and editing and maintaining the NASA 'On the Commons' Flickr account.
· I worked in conjunction with the NASA Public Affairs Office to write brief articles and learn the new NASA 'Drupal' based website content management system before training others also.
March 2010 - News Associates, Journalism Workshop, University of Birmingham, UK
July 2009-September 2009- Administration & Receptionist at Bright Smile Dental Care, Kingston-upon-Thames & Tadworth, UK
August 2008- Research Work Experience at Kingsdowne Surgery
- Observed and worked in the GP and nurse's clinic assisting with patient care and organisation.
June 2008-September 2008 - Dental Assistant at Maple Dental Practice, Surbiton
-The practice specialised for nervous patients; therefore patient communication was of the utmost importance. The role taught me the importance of teamwork and effective interpersonal skills to build a friendly and profitable business practice.
August 2007 - March 2008 - Receptionist at Tolworth Recreation Centre, Tolworth, UK
July- August 2007- Dental Nurse at May Day Dental Surgery, Tolworth, UK
July 2006 - Volunteer work at The Princess Alice Hospice, Esher, UK
June 2006- Dental Nurse and Receptionist at Maple Dental Surgery, Surbiton
2001 - 2004- Experience in retail in a family business
Extra Curricular activities:
2012 -present - Official ISU student tweeter from the handle @ISU_student
2011- present - Member of UKSEDS - students for the exploration and development of space
2010-2012 - Active contributor to University of Birmingham science magazine, SATNAV
2008- 2009- Deputy Head Girl of 6th Form (Tolworth Girl's School & Centre for Continuing Education)
2008 - Participant in 'Kingston upon Thames Rotary Club' public speaking competition
2008 - Grades 1 & 2 in classical Carnatic singing
2007-2009 - Trained in classical Bharatanatyam dance
Skills: -Languages: English (Fluent), German (Basic),
Hindi (Fluent), Punjabi (Fluent)
-Software: Proficient in Microsoft Office & Social Media tools
Interests: Travelling, music, social media and writing.
Memberships: SGAC (Space Generation Advisory Council), UKSBA (UK Space Biomedicine Association)
Academic and sporting awards:
2012 ESA Scholarship for a Masters course at the ISU.
2012 UKSA and ESA Scholarship for the Space Studies Program at the ISU.
2004-2009 Bronze & Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award for citizenship and leadership, ABRSM Grades 1-4 Piano.
Referees: (Full references on request)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.