1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Date of Birth: 29 /04 /1966, Madrid, Spain
Marital Status: Married
2. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced Studies Diploma (DEA) in Physics, equivalent to MASTER. Ph.D. in progress.
Degree in Physics.
Experienced in space missions, namely, HERSCHEL, ISO and XMM.
Current position, SMOS M&O Engieneer, Earth Observation
Some of the latest courses attended:
- Scientific Imaging in the visible and near-IR.
- Satellite communications: Space segment.
- Building an IDL application.
3. AREAS OF SPECIALISATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experienced in instrument controlling, including tasks related to Instrument Safety and first Quality Controls of XMM observations.
• Experienced in Proposal Handling Systems (HERSCHEL Proposal Handler and XMM PHS).
• Experienced in mission planning for HERSCHEL, ISO and XMM (working in User Support Groups of those missions).
• Experienced in web-based developments as a web master. Responsible for maintaining the XMM OLB (Observation Log Browser), a web application for accessing the XMM Observation Database.
• Current research career focused on GRB afterglows (Ph.D. in progress), including infrared wavelength light curves and Spectra. Previous research career focused on cosmology.
4. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
• SMOS M&O Engieneer, Earth Observation, Insa, ESAC, ESA, from 2013 on.
• Mission Planner, HERSCHEL, Insa, ESAC, ESA, from 2007 to 2012. Main tasks:
- Mission planning.
- Proposal handling.
- Providing statistical information and reports on observations.
- Supporting to Helpdesk and Community support (as needed from HSC astronomers).
- Supporting to Quality Control (as needed from DP team).
• Instrument Controller, XMM, Insa, ESAC, ESA, from 2003 – 2007. The INSCON was responsible for the real-time monitoring of the scientific output of the XMM-Newton Scientific Instruments:
- Monitoring and tracking the quality of the scientific data.
- Maintenance of quality tracking tools.
- Following-up the execution of the XMM-Newton science operations.
- Monitoring the payload housekeeping telemetry.
- Reaction to radiation alerts.
- Initiation of a ToO observation.
- Coordination and execution of Operational Change Requests (OCRs).
- Application of a recovery procedure.
- Support the maintenance of software modules/components (e.g. QLA SW) used for the monitoring and tracking of data quality.
- Contribution to the Acceptance Testing of the new SCOS-2000 based system (e.g. during pre-parallel and parallel phases).
• Mission Planner, XMM, Serco, ESAC, ESA, 2002 – 2003.
• Meta4 (1999-2002): Project Manager of Training Group (Product Information); Technical Trainer, (Developing JSP Pages; Relational Data Model; Queries to DataBases; Reports).
• Web Master, Enreda Tecnologías, 6/1998 – 2/1999.
• Mission Planner, ISO, Insa, ESAC, ESA, 10/1997 – 6/1998.
• Associate Profesor, UAX, Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, Spain.9/1995–9/1997. Courses taught: Introduction to Astronomy, Freshman Physics, Electromagnetic Fields, Freshman Physics Laboratory.
• Research experience 1990-1995 at L.A.E.F.F. (Astrophysic and Fundamental Physics Laboratory) on alternative theories to General Relativity to explain the dark matter problem (grant “Rafael Calvo Rodes”, I.N.T.A.). Currently, working on afterglows of Gamma Ray Bursts.
• Advanced Studies Diploma (DEA), equivalent to MASTER, Autónoma University, 2007.
• University graduate in Theoretical Physics, Autónoma University, 1990.
• Secondary School Santamarca Institute, 1984.
6. LIST OF PUBLICATIONS AND OTHER SIGNIFICANT WORK
• Thermal and shape properties of asteroid (21) Lutetia from Herschel observations around the Rosetta flyby, Planetary and Space Science, Volume 66, Issue 1, p. 192-199.
• Far Infrared Observation of Comet C/1995 O1 (Hale-Bopp) with the Herschel Space Observatory at r=29.95AU, Asteroids, Comets, Meteors 2012, Proceedings of the conference held May 16-20, 2012 in Niigata, Japan. LPI Contribution No. 1667, id.6321.
• Pre-ALMA observations of GRBs in the mm/submm range , Astronomy & Astrophysics, Volume 538, id.A44
• The unusual γ-ray burst GRB 101225A from a helium star/neutron star merger at redshift 0.33, Nature, Volume 480, Issue 7375, pp. 72-74 (2011).
• Simultaneous polarization monitoring of supernovae SN 2008D/XT 080109 and SN 2007uy: isolating geometry from dust, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Volume 522, 2010.
• GRB 090709A: deep optical observation with the 10.4m GTC, GRB Coordinates Network, Circular Service, 9655, 1 (2009)
• The host of GRB 060206: kinematics of a distant galaxy, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Volume 489, Issue 1, 2008, pp.37-48.
• GRB 070311: a direct link between the prompt emission and the afterglow, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Volume 474, pp.793-805.
• Detection of optical linear polarization in the SN 2006aj/XRF 060218 non-spherical expansion, A&A 459, L33.
• Big-Bang Nucleosynthesis as a Probe of the Geometry of Superspace, Physics Letters B 355 (1995) 461-465.
• In-vitro and Animal Experiments with Bioactive Carbon-Phosphate Materials. Biomaterial Journal (1999), 88-90.
• Co-Editor of “Actas del II Congreso de Mathematica en España” (1997).
• English to Spanish translations: Great Ideas in Physics (McGraw-Hill, 1995), Illustrated Reference Encyclopedia (Dorling Kinderley, 1995), Digital Economy (Olivetty, 1997).
Mother Tongue: Spanish
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.