* High-level Physics
* Solid Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis
* Advanced computer skills: Linux, Windows, Bash scripting, IRAF, MATLAB, ImageJ, FORTRAN, Word
* Hands-on laboratory experience in building, testing and characterizing optical systems
* Substantial experience in image analysis and optimization, and spectroscopy data processing
* Critical thinking and complex problem solving
* Work experience in multi-disciplinary team
* Teaching experience in multi-cultural environment
* Presentation skills/dynamic communication style
* Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
* Doctor of Philosophy in Physics and Astronomy, Rutgers University, NJ, USA, 2007
* Master of Science in Nuclear and Particle Physics, University of Bucharest, Romania, 1998
* Bachelor of Science, University of Bucharest, Romania, 1997
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto, Canada
* Performed quantitative and statistical image analysis on super-resolution optical images
* Performed imaging measurements of resolution and Point Spread Function on an OMX, Optical Microscopy eXperimental, world's highest resolution wide-field optical microscope
* Published image analysis results on centrosome organization in Nature Cell Biology 14, 1148, 2012
* Troubleshooted 3D OMX image reconstruction artefacts in optical images
* Troubleshooted hardware and software problems for OMX and DeltaVision microscopes
* Tested and installed image processing and analysis software on laboratory's computers
* Provided training and technical support to OMX end-users in hardware and imaging methods
* Organized a STED microscope demo at the institute
* Platforms used: UNIX, Windows, MATLAB, ImageJ, Bash scripting, SoftWoRx
Mouse Imaging Centre, Hospital for Sick Children Toronto, Canada
2007 - 2009
* Designed and built an improved Optical Projection Tomograph with an excellent spatial resolution and a higher depth of field, that is an essential tool in making cutting edge Biology discoveries
* Conducted theoretical and computational studies to improve the optical apparatus
* Designed, built on a laboratory breadboard, and characterized an improved imaging setup in an interdisciplinary team effort
* Performed image analysis with specialized 2D and 3D software and code developed by myself
* Presented results to institution members
* Wrote an user manual for a prototype optical tomograph
* Provided training and technical support to end-users in hardware and imaging methods
* Platform used: UNIX, Windows, MATLAB, Amira, Bash scripting
Rutgers University New Jersey, USA
2002 - 2007
* Designed and performed Astronomical observations using world-class optical telescopes in Hawaii and Arizona
* Performed data analysis using specialized software, and custom code written by myself, and interpreted analytical results
* Presented results at 4 international scientific conferences in USA and Switzerland, and few departmental seminars, and gave an invited talk at the Museum of Natural History, NY, USA
* Published 3 scientific papers in peer-reviewed Astronomy journals
* Platformed used: UNIX, FORTRAN, C++, Perl, IDL
Head Teaching Assistant
Rutgers University New Jersey, USA
* Taught methods of teaching General Physics Labs to 20 international Teaching Assistants
* Collaborated with the Head Laboratory Instructor to improve the lab format
* Evaluated the effectiveness of the Teaching Assistants
* Provided leadership, guidance, training, motivation and ongoing support to TAs
Rutgers University New Jersey, USA
2000 - 2002
* Taught General Physics Laboratories to groups of 25 - 30 undergraduates
* Explained the lab theory and the lab equipment, and demonstrated the experiments
* Designed and implemented my own mid - semester evaluations
* Organized and marked assignments for undergraduate laboratories
Institute for Space Science Bucharest Romania
1997 - 2000
* Performed theoretical and computational Cosmology studies to estimate the detection probability of magnetic monopoles at the Gran Sasso international collaboration in Italy
* Presented results at 2 international schools in Italy and published them in Romanian journals
* Platforms used: Windows, FORTRAN, Excel, Word
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.