Over 26 years of experience in the development and quality management of software applications for the aerospace and defence industry as well as in the systems engineering, operation and maintenance of the METEOSAT satellites having taken part in national and international programmes of varied nature.
Degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid (1985).
Specialization: Aircraft, Missiles and Power Plants.
Specific education on Quality
AQAP 2000Series NATO QMS requirements for defence industries; AEC (2010).
Quality Systems Lead Auditor; AENOR, Spanish MoD, Spanish MoI (1999).
Internal Auditor, DIN EN ISO 9000 Management Systems; TÜV Hessen GmbH (1997).
35th Annual Reliability Engineering and Management Institute; University of Arizona (1997).
Aerospace industry Madrid, SPAIN; 2002 up to now
Corporate Director holding responsibility for all aspects related to Quality & Environmental Management, Industrial Security and R&D at group level. The group consists of the parent company in Madrid and its subsidiaries in Lisbon, Valladolid and Ciudad Real, and provides engineering solutions and information systems with high technological content and added value in the fields of aerospace, ICT, security, technology infrastructure, as well as in other industrial sectors.
• Duties comprise the definition, deployment and evolution of the corporate integrated Management System for Quality, Environment and R&D as well as the corporate Intranet as the primary means for communication and operation of the system. Responsibilities include identifying and prioritizing Q&E goals, system data collection and analysis and the preparation and monitoring of action plans to ensure the achievement of annual objectives. QM and R&D Dept. leadership involves the organization and supervision of the PA/CM support function to project development teams ensuring product and service quality as well as visibility across projects between subsidiaries and the alignment with corporate principles and practices.
• As Security Officer, associated functions include the definition, coordination and supervision at corporate level of the infrastructure, protection system and handling facility and personnel security clearances to safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of National, NATO, EU and ESA classified materials. Additional executive responsibilities within the Executive Committee and the Group Board, involve supporting the coordination and management of the internal structure, the establishment of annual organizational objectives and the implementation of the strategic plans of the group through specific actions in the relevant markets.
The Integrated Management System for Quality and Environment is certified according to ISO and AQAP standards. As part of the policy for continuous improvement the organisation incorporates R&D+i processes certified under UNE standards to optimize the competitiveness and sustainability of their products and services.
EUMETSAT (www.eumetsat.int) Darmstadt, GERMANY; 1994 –2002
• Joining the Organisation as responsible for the Configuration Management (CM) of the Ground Segment (GS) system of the meteorological satellite operational programme (MTP). From the GS integration phase up to the operational phase, the activities accomplished include:
- Establishing the CM plan and procedures and the software tools to support their implementation
- Implementation and maintenance of the relevant CM system
- Control and record of all the engineering and operational changes proposed to the system
- Conducting CM audits to ensure compliance with the CM plans and procedures
• Since 1997, holding the overall QA responsibilities for the MTP operations and maintenance and performing the following functions:
- Definition, implementation and maintenance of the QA plan for the operational phase
- Definition and conduct of the Configuration Management function and processes
- Monitoring, analysis and improvement of all mission operations processes
- Establishing and maintenance of operations performance indicators and quality metrics
- Preparation of the Operations Departmental Management Review and the Quarterly Operations Report
Further organisational responsibilities cover:
- Member of the tender evaluation boards and of the technical review boards for the GS procurement and
development projects as well as for the technical consultancy services
- Computer Systems Security Policy Audit programme manager
- Contributing to the drafting and maintenance of corporate management, quality and engineering standards
applicable to the development of future geostationary and polar orbiting satellite systems
- Delegate responsibility for conducting the transition project towards the upgrade and certification of an
Organisation-wide quality management system compliant with EN ISO 9001:2000 requirements
Computer Systems and Logistics, S.A. Madrid, SPAIN; 1990 – 1994
From the very beginning course of the company, supporting the establishment of the strategic policy plans and the marketing launch as a Defence and Aerospace advanced technology firm. At a later stage, providing the top level Management with technical consultancy on the Defence and Aerospace Software Engineering field.
Among the major tasks performed in this period are:
- Liaison with the CSL’s technical partner (CTA, Inc.) and other companies, under specific technical collaboration
- Customer support for the generation of user requirements and product specifications
- Preparation of technical and commercial offers upon receipt of formal invitation to tender within both the private
and public sectors
- Evaluation and follow-up of proposals and tenders on open private and public competition
- Requirements analysis, Design specification, Coding & Implementation, Testing and V&V of software systems
- Delivery of several training courses and seminars on Software Engineering and Computer Simulation
Some representative projects are:
• MLS I & II: the configuration control for the software and documentation of the operational data transfer system for the Spanish Air Force (SAF) F-18.
• DECADA: the upgrading of a Tactical Air Defence Analysis Tool through the development of a graphical environment utility to create scenarios, animate the game and statistically analyze the results of the CIAD COMO simulation model (SHAPE TC). Taking specialized training in the operation, modification, designing, upgrading and output data processing of the mentioned model at the SRS Technologies facilities in Huntsville (AL) USA.
• NOMADA: the portable Mission Planning System for the SAF F-18, allowing the interface with the memory unit to load/unload aircraft operational mission data as well as updating the built-in tactical database.
Construcciones Aeronáuticas, S.A.(www.airbusmilitary.com) Madrid, SPAIN; 1987 – 1990
Major achievements include:
• The set-up of a technical team within the Operations Research Group, to assess future CASA's air weapon
systems’ tactical missions. The duties as Engineer entailed the direct responsibility for the requirements analysis, functional specification, design, coding, testing and validation of computer simulation software as well as for the preparation of results, and the generation of the associated technical documentation for the AX and the EuroFighter 2000 (EF2000) combat aircraft projects. Customized computer simulation tools were developed including the graphical output generation to assess and optimize the relevant air weapon systems effectiveness.
• ALENIA AERONAUTICA, Direzione Tecnica (www.aleniaaermacchi.it) Torino, ITALY; 1988 – 1989
In the framework of the multinational EF2000 programme, the main activities performed at the Preliminary Design and Scenario Analysis Department were:
- Working with the responsibility for the development of a joint agreement signed by CASA and Alenia within the EF2000 programme, due to the common concern on the EF2000-Air-to-Ground operations analysis.
- The implementation of a Soviet Air Defence Computer Simulation Model geared toward the survivability studies of the EF2000 missions, including the capture and processing of restricted information and the generation of the English and Spanish technical and operational documentation for the above model.
- Participating as the Spanish representative in the activities undertaken by the Survivability Working Group of the EuroFighter Consortium at Munich (Germany).
Spanish: Mother tongue
English: Fluent (FCE y CAE, Cambridge University, 1999)
Activities undertaken as a freelance
Consultant Engineer within the Spanish private aerospace sector;
Technical translator for several private companies over many different business fields.
Tutoring of final year projects and theses
Tutoring FYP, master theses and internship studies at the organisation´s Quality Assurance Department performed by students from the University of Coimbra, Telecom Bretagne and Polytechnic University of Madrid.
Spanish College and Association of Aeronautical Engineering (Chartered Engineer).
Senior Member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
Member of the Spanish Association for Defence, Aeronautics and Space Technology Quality Committee.
Vice-president of the Sustainable Management Committee and TQM, Management and Business Excellence Working Group Leader from the Spanish Association for Quality (AEC).
Participation in a wide range of continuing education programmes, courses and seminars organised by well-established universities and institutions all over the world on several state of the art tehnical and managerial matters.
National, NATO, EU and ESA personal security clearances.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.