Top Secret / Single Scope Background
Investigation (TS/SSBI) Clearance.
TECHNICAL LEAD – SATELLITE MISSION OPERATIONS
With specialized expertise in ground communications, systems engineering and mission operations
Well-regarded mission operations engineer with proven record in developing and deploying satellites, planning, analyzing, and testing new applications while providing maintenance and support for ongoing ones. Detail-oriented analyst with a reputation for consistently producing the highest quality work. Valued resource entrusted with scripting responsibilities to address some of the most critical issues and problems. Flexible team player who is always willing to take on new challenges and quick to develop new areas of expertise.
Mission Planning/Operations | Spacecraft Development
Ground Systems Integration | Script Development
System Testing & Analysis | Documentation & Training
* Meticulously carrying out development projects, doing things right the first time to consistently produce exceptional results – on time and within established budgets.
* Providing high-level operations support, delivering the best in problem-solving and service.
* Writing/reviewing mission-critical scripts – often under extreme pressure, capitalizing on methodical, approach tenacious nature to ensure near glitch-free applications.
* Bringing innovation to organizations, introducing solutions to automate – and remove human error from – administrative and operational processes, saving time and money.
* Quickly gaining mastery of new applications and technologies to serve as resource for group.
ORBITAL SCIENCES CORPORATION, Dulles, VA
2004 to present
Senior Satellite Operator, Mission Operations Development
(5/10 to present)
Integration and Test Engineer
(5/04 to 5/10)
Provide high-level technical support related to spacecraft development and mission operations for commercial, military, and government satellite applications. Participate in launch and early orbit operations.
Satellite Development and Operations Successes
* Serving as ground systems lead for new commercial spacecraft, StarOne C3, for Brazilian satellite telecommunications company, managed vendor relationship while coordinating work activities to meet all major milestones, gaining very positive feedback from client.
* Managing communications between customers and sub-contracts, tackled range of engineering roadblocks (encryption, command patterns, telemetry decommutation, etc.) to deliver new ground system customized to meet challenging integration and contractual needs.
* Moving to operationalize satellite, conducted acceptance testing at customer’s site, overcoming script-based DSS validation challenges – that necessitated finding clever ways to properly fail the simulator and induce necessary test anomalies – to ensure scripts resulted in expected spacecraft recovery.
* Tasked with scripting all 89 operational procedures to be used in customer’s operation environment, learned new language (Python) and rewrote all procedures to meet needs.
Expertly delivering on first-of-its-kind request, worked from scratch to write scripts and design logic to implement them.
* Developed and led real-life customer training, a 2-month program that used validation scenarios to induce anomalies that flight controllers and engineers had to respond to – an approach designed to give operators very clear, hands-on picture of what is occurring during failure and recovery.
* Valued for flexibility innovative and problem-solving expertise, won several substantial spot bonus and red box awards in recognition of ability to manage and overcome significant design challenges.
Innovative Problem-Solving & Overall Performance Excellence
* Operations director during launch and early orbit activities. Coordinate real-time satellite command and control activities, interface with ground station providers to insure uplink of command and downlink of satellite data, identify and perform real-time anomaly resolution for space and ground system malfunctions, quickly returning mission-critical systems to service, Perform mission planninc activities.
* Hand-picked by mission director to solve antenna deployment anomaly and impending threat of station-keeping thrusters firing into antenna on newly deployed satellite, quickly rewrote and validated script, successfully implementing changes that altered nominal thruster settings and saved spacecraft.
Operations director during launch and early orbit activities.
Coordinate real-time satellite command and control activities, interface with ground station providers to insure uplink of command and downlink of satellite data, identify and perform real-time anomaly resolution for space and ground system malfunctions, quickly returning mission-critical systems to service, Perform mission planninc activities.
* Wrote application (payload antenna cuts script) that eliminated hundreds of hours of manual cut-and-paste input with automatic read of data from existing input file.
In addition to saving time, change removed need for review board approval (only data is changed, not the script) and eliminated input errors.
* Recommended and gained funding to build automated cable tester that simplified recertification of cables, streamlining what is typically a labor-intensive 2-week process. Tester not only saved time, but improved process by facilitating check of dielectric breakdown in addition to continuity and isolation of cables.
* Developed remote validation system for operational procedures testing that allowed multiple users to conduct testing at the same time, removing substantial roadblock from development programs.
* Support launch compaign system testing and final vehicle preperation at launch sites.
INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS, Bakersfield, CA
2001 to 2004
Principle Software Developer/Systems Administrator
Working for non-profit humanitarian organization, provided critical support for GeoHealth Systems program, developing health monitoring application in association with the CDC and World Health Organization. Also set-up and maintained company servers and systems.
* Tasked with developing first working Electronic Tuberculosis Register (ETR) for use in rural areas with limited Internet connectivity, designed eDOTS application – implemented in Uganda and the Marshall Islands – that can store data in offline mode and easily synchronizes to servers when online.
BALZER INCORPORATED, Bakersfield, CA
1998 to 2001
Systems Specialist/Engineering Assistant
Set up, maintained, and networked all systems and satellite communications for specialty products, including commercial and military telescoping masts and mobile internet IT centers. Developed structural, electrical, networking, and manufacturing drawings for company’s fabrication work using AutoCAD.
Actively pursuing bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. 87 credits complete, completing coursework at Regis University.
Windows (all versions), UNIX/Linux
MAESTRO, hifly, autofly, EPOCH, Oasis
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Project, Lotus Notes, Adobe, AutoCAD, FileZilla, Visio, NX Client, Hummingbird Exceed
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.