- Two refereed papers (one as first author) and two conference proceedings are listed below
- Attended 6 international conferences and 3 IPHAS consortium meetings, where I presented results of my research in form of posters and/or talks
- I have been working in numerous outreach events between 2008-2012, which include open evenings at the UH Bayfordbury Observatory, school visits and adult group visits
- I have been PI of two projects at the INT telescope in La Palma (2009, 2010) and co-PI of one project at the CAHA 3.5m telescope (2011)
- As part of my PhD training, I attended two research schools, where I worked with other students in order to test new techniques learned
- Developed an independent approach to solve specific astrophysical problems. This included updating existing models and designing of new methods of analysis.
- Experienced in dealing with large data-sets, in order to study, classify and organise them
- Good confidence in finding IT solutions to a modelling problem and/or visual representation of data
- I supervised several undergraduate students, during individual assignments and collective lab experiences, between 2008-2012
- Very experienced in Python scripting: The principal modules I used for my PhD degree are matplotlib, numpy, scipy, pyfits, astLib. I used python to handle large data-sets, in form of arrays, and to read specific data-formats (fits files). I used it for analysing different data-types, as for instance photometric and spectroscopic data. I also used Python also as the main plotting tool. I also have some experience in multi-threaded scripting with python
- I am comfortable in working under Linux / Mac OSX / Windows OS environments.
- I know HTML scripting
- Good experience with the MS Office suite
- Well experienced in the use of LaTex (e.g. for writing scientific reports, papers etc.)
- Good experience in the use of numerous Astronomy packages: VO Tools / IRAF / DS9 / STARLINK / ESO-MIDAS
1st November 2012
PhD Student Astronomy at University of Hertfordshire Project Title: “Emission Line Stars In and Beyond the
Supervisors: Prof. J. E. Drew, Dr. M. A. Thompson
19th July 2007
MSc in Physics at University of Naples “Federico II” Thesis Title: “Dispersed young stars as Gould’s Belt tracers”
Supervisors: Prof. L. A. Smaldone, Dr. J. M. Alcalá, Dr. E. Covino
10/2012 – Present Research assistant at the University of Hertfordshire:
Characterisation of Be stars and study of the Galactic disc structure.
- Holder of UK Driving Licence
- 6 months experience as volunteer at the TEWIN Children Development Centre of the QEII Hospital
Biazzo K., Alcalá J. M., Covino E., Sterzik M. F., Guillot P., Chavariá-K C., Frasca A., Raddi R., “Crossing the Gould Belt in the Orion vicinity”, 2012, A&A, 542, 115
Raddi R., Drew J. E., Sale S. E., Steeghs D., Fabregat J., Wright N. J., Greimel R., Drake J. J., Farnhilll H., Barlow M. J., Sabin L., “First results of an Hα based search of Classical Be stars in the Perseus Arm”, accepted for publication in MNRAS,
Drew J. E., Raddi R., and the EGAPS Consortia, “Optical Digital Galactic Plane Surveys and Star-Cluster Science”, in Star Clusters in the Era of Large Surveys, Proceedings of Symposium 5 of JENAM 2010, Moitinho – Alves Eds., 2011, p3
Raddi R., Drew J. E., Sale S. E., Steeghs D. and the IPHAS consortium, “Tracing the structure of the Perseus Arm with IPHAS”, in Star Clusters in the Era of Large Surveys, Proceedings of Symposium 5 of JENAM 2010, Moitinho – Alves Eds., 2011, p259
CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS ATTENDED
Beijing, China (August 2012), IAU GA XXVIII, SpS12: Modern views of the interstellar medium. Poster: “Exploring the structure of the Milky Way disc with IPHAS”.
Hatfield, UK (July 2011),Optical/IR Galactic Plane Surveys Meeting Including The 2nd VVV Science Meeting. Talk: “Classical Be Stars within and beyond the Perseus Arm”.
Granada, Spain (May 2011), Stellar Clusters & Associations. Poster: “Distant clusters from Be identifications”.
Lisbon, Portugal (September 2010), JENAM 2010 – Symposium 5: Star Clusters in the Era of Large Surveys. Poster: “Tracing the structure of the Perseus Arm with IPHAS”.
Barcelona, Spain (May/June 2010), IAU Symposium 270: Computational Star Formation. Poster: “Tracing the structure of the Perseus Arm with IPHAS”.
Hatfield, UK (April 2009), European Week of Astronomy and Space Science. Poster: “Young stars in the direction of the Perseus Arm” (2nd prize at the poster competition).
Garching, Germany (March /April 2009), EuroVO-AIDA School 2009
Hatfield, UK (August/September 2008), Introductory Summer School in Astronomy.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.