· Professional Aerospace Systems Engineer with 15+ years hands-on experience in the design and development of astrophysics experiments setup, space instrument, small satellite and attitude & orbit control (AOC) systems.
· Experience in cryogenic engineering, dilution fridge and Germanium detectors test & characterization for dark matter research.
· Expertise in systems engineering, design of experiment (DOE), feasibility studies, PDR & CDR design reviews, configuration & risk management, failure analysis, program planning and engineering project management.
· Providing of feasibility studies, conceptual design studies, government grant proposals, and proof-of-concept experiment proposals for various agencies and executive management boards.
· Expertise in opto-mechanical design, sub-micron telescope alignment and set-up of complex bench experiments involving lasers, detectors, fiber optics, interferometers, MEMS and robotic actuators.
· Proficiency in mechanical engineering design and CAD modeling (AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
· Experience in project management and budget planning of research programs.
2011 Graduate Courses and Seminars in Astrophysics and Cosmology
2010 Center for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
Masters of Science in Astronomy –in progress-
The University of Michigan
1992 Postgraduate courses in Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Science
1992 Master’s in Aerospace Engineering (Dipl. Ing.) with specialization in Satellite Engineering/ Attitude and Orbit Control.
Thesis: “ Design of Space Robotics Hardware for Manipulation of Probes in Micro-Gravity Environment onboard the International Space Station”.
Advisor: H.H. Koelle, a Senior Member of Werner von Braun at NASA Apollo Program, Head of Saturn rocket designs, 1955.
2010- Cryogenic Research Engineer, Cryogenic Dark Matter Search (CDMS) experiment; Prof. Bernard Sadoulet Group – to present-
- Responsible for assembling, modification, mounting and operation of the Oxford 400 uW dilution fridge as part of particle astrophysics research and detection. The efforts are focused on Weakly Interacting Massive Particles (WIMP) direct detection experiments executed at the Soudan Underground Laboratory and at SNOLAB.
- Assisted in test and characterization of low temperature Germanium detectors and cold hardware for Cryogenic Dark Matter Search (CDMS) experiment including tower system integration, Superconducting Quantum Interface Device SQUID testing, side-coax, and strip-lines. Reconfiguration of infrared Dewar type HDL- with all necessary test and integration.
2006 CEO/ Director of Engineering
Leading the efforts for design and development of a high-density solar power cell utilizing nanotechnology and MEMS for applications in space and defense. Performed executive tasks for the high-tech start-up including project planning, management and fund raising. In addition, the company provides space instrument and optical & aerospace systems engineering consultancy, design and testing in the Silicon Valley.
1998 Lead Optical Systems Engineer
Responsible for design and development of fiber optical systems, interferometry and optical MEMS for single-mode multi-channel DWDM fiber optics network applications employing micro-machines, electromagnetic actuators and Silicon fiber arrays. Project responsibilities included conceptual design, development, prototyping and testing. Responsible for fixture & tooling design, high precision alignment, test equipment specifications and bench experiment setups utilizing opto-electronics devices such as CCD Camera, IR detectors, FPA, Optical Spectrum analyzer and laser sources.
NASA Ames Research Center, Space Science Division, Mountain View, CA
1997 Space Systems Engineer, Infrared Camera & Telescope Specialist
Responsible for the design of the physical simulator of the Stratosphere Observatory for the Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA). Performed CAD modeling of the simulator sub-systems and opto-mechanical components. Design of baffle plates system for the far-infrared detector head of the Airborne Infra-Red Echelle Spectrometer (AIRES), applying equations of radiation, thermal simulation and CAD modeling. Performed testing of far-infrared Focal Plane Array (FPA) detector head at 40 micron in cryogenic Dewar.
SETI Institute (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligent), Mountain View, CA
1997 Research Assistant
Developed methodology and algorithms to identify intelligent-coded radio signals scanned by a multi-million-channels receiver to separate from human-generated signals; reported directly to Jill Tarter, the director of SETI.
1- 07/2010New U.S. Continuation-in-Part Patent. Application No.: 12/839337
Inventors: Saad Al Kenany and Marc Madou. Title: NANO POWER CELL AND METHOD OF USE. Filing Date: July 19, 2010
2- 02/2007 United States Patent 20080128842 Saad Al Kenany. Nano Power Cell And
Method Of Use Application Number: 11/934283 Publication Date: 06/05/2008 Filing Date: 11/02/2007.
3- 08/2006 United States Patent 20070043320 Saad Al Kenany. Microstream Nano-injector Application Number: 11/350463 Publication Date: 02/22/2007 Filing Date: 02/08/2006
Member -The International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE)
Member -American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
Member -The Optical Society of America (OSA)
Affiliate Member - Girvan Institute of Technology (GIT)
Member of the Deep Sky Astronomical Research Center (DARC), Mercy Springs, CA
Member of the San Jose Astronomical Association, California
Member of the Peninsula Astronomical Society, California
1. UCLA Dark Matter 2012 Conference, February 22-24, 2012, the University of California, Los Angeles, Marina Del Rey, CA
2. Cryogenic Dark Matter Search (CDMS) Collaboration Meeting 2012, January 10-13, 2012, The University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
3. 14th International Workshop on Low Temperature Detectors Conference (LTD-14), August 1-5, 2011, Heidelberg, Germany
4. Advanced Imaging Conference AIC-2012, October 26-28, Santa Clara, CA
5. Small Satellite Conference 2010, August 9-12, Logan, Utah,
S. Al Kenany et al, “Super CDMS Cold Hardware Design”, Journal of Low Temperature Physics, DOI 10.1007/s10909-012-0584-9, March 2012.
We discuss the current design of the cold hardware and cold electronics to be used in the upcoming SuperCDMS Soudan deployment. Engineering challenges associated with such concerns as thermal isolation, microphonics, radiopurity, and power dissipation are discussed, along with identifying the design changes necessary for SuperCDMS SNOLAB. The Cryogenic Dark Matter Search (CDMS) employs ultrapure 1-inch thick, 3-inch diameter germanium crystals operating below 50 mK in a dilution cryostat. These detectors give an ionization and phonon signal, which gives us rejection capabilities regarding background events versus dark matter signals.
A poster of same title was presented at the Low Temperature Detectors -LTD-14, in Heidelberg, Germany, August 2011.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.