Committed and proactive engineer specialized in Optics, Photonics, and Telecommunications who can translate ideas to action and results. Effective team participant experienced in the area of optical telecommunication networks servicesand recognized for commitment to hard work and ability for solving problems. Ambitious and focused on details with the desire to work with a talented team and participate in challenging projects where previous skills are applied and new ones obtained.
Optoelectronics, Optical transceivers, Optics, Photonics, Optical Telecommunications, Signal processing, Coding
DWDM networks, wired/wireless networks, Electronic design, Microstrip Antennas, Fiber optics, PCB Layout
OTDR, OSA (Optical spectrum analyzer), CRO (Oscilloscope), RF spectrum analyzer
Matlab - Simulink (Advanced), Zemax (basic), Proteus, Windows, Office
MSc. Optics and Photonics – Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT), Karlsruhe School of Optics and Photonics (KSOP), Germany, 2010-2012 Scholarship holder. Final grade 1.7 (DE), A (UK)
Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering- Instituto Universitario Aeronautico (IUA) (Argentine Air Force University), Argentina, 2000-2007. Final grade 9.1 (AR), 1(DE), A* (UK)
Electronic Technician - IPEM Nº 69 (Technical High school), Argentina, 1993-1999
2012 SICK Sensor Intelligence - Institute of Photonic and Quantum Electronic (IPQ), Master Thesis, Germany
- Modelled a free-space laser communication channel (125 Mbps -1Gbps) between industrial sensors
- Characterized the effects of combined noise sources (PAM receiver) - simulation and experimentation
- Improved the laser communication channel through evaluation and selection of a coding scheme for error correction (FEC) - Matlab and Simulink
- Master thesis - grade 1,3 (DE), A (UK)
2011-2012 Institute of Photonic and Quantum Electronic (IPQ), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
- Assisted in a doctoral research project in the field of Free-Space Optical Communication
- Investigated and simulated the effects of FSK modulation for a free-space optical link
2010-2011 Institute of Photonic and Quantum Electronic (IPQ), Internship, Germany
- Designed, implemented, programmed and tested a digital demodulator for a power over fiber system using a microcontroller
2007-2009 Sofrecom Argentina S.A (France Telecom Group), Transmission Engineer, Argentina
- Deployed the optical DWDM backbone (Ciena technology CN4200/Corestream) of Telecom Argentina S.A. Responsible for the provisioning, troubleshooting, migration, testing and acceptance of the DWDM transponders
- Engineered and implemented a new method for software migration without service interruption
- Successfully deployed the Ethernet optical transponders M3/M6 (Ciena) - responsible for the first worldwide test
- Provided technical support and coordination of technical teams - customer oriented
2006-2007 Instituto Universitario Aeronautico (Argentine Air Force University), Diploma Thesis, Argentina
- Designed and simulated a microstrip antenna array (16 elements) and feed network for a frequency of 4 GHz
- Programmed a visual Matlab application for radiation pattern analysis - design of microstrip line feed network
- Diploma thesis - grade 10 (AR), 1(DE), A* (UK)
2004-2006 Cablevision S.A, Field technician - Internship, Argentina
- Designed and implemented low-cost wireless/wired networks, including repairing, installation and maintenance of CCTV networks and VSAT antennas
2009 English training course - IELTS, England
2008 L-722 – DWDM Ciena DCN4200 Inst., Turn-up & Test - Fiber optics, USA
2006 Motorola Canopy technical course & OFDM - CPT200-210, Argentina
2006 Cisco System Solutions (Switching, Routing, VoIP, WiFi), Argentina
2006 Solution over IP cameras (AXIS), Argentina
2004-2005 CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), Argentina
2005 Fiber Optic Network and Structured Wire, 3M, Argentina
Language: Spanish (native) / English (Advanced) / German (Basic - learning) / Italian (Basic)
Driving License: Full/Clean International/European (Italy)
Health: Excellent; non-smoker
Work permission: European Union - England (National Insurance Numbercard holder) - Mercosur.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers IEEE (N° 91114429)
Optical Society of America OSA (N° 1018350)
Optics Student Karlsruhe OSKar
INTERESTS AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Interested in conservation of the environment and energy saving, astronomy, outdoor sports and painting as relaxing frequent activities.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.