I have recently completed my United States (US) Department of Energy (DoE) grant, my latest US government grant after a series of US National Science Foundation (NSF) grants. This work supported the future of multiple industries including aerospace & aeronautical. Given that completion I seek a primary technical and business team member position with excellent growth.
My passion is aerospace & aeronautical cutting edge Transformational Research into Disruptive Market products. I have guided my career towards broad reaching multiphysics expertise. My unique and diverse electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and physics technical to business background allows flexibility to assume a role across industries. My ability to bring such insight has provided great success including creating many first ever technologies from theory to fieldable hardware. I seek to fully direct my career into the aerospace & aeronautical field for the remainder of my career. I believe you will find me of unusually high value as an enthusiastic and integral part of the team.
Multiphysics technical primary includes analysis, design, test, and/or manufacturing support on all programs listed in CV. Systems engineering used to develop requirements leading to final specifications on all large programs.
I am immediately available, I am geographically flexible to move anywhere in the world, and I enjoy travel. Amongst my past overseas experiences I enjoyed over a half year on business in Asia while leading the global TECO Westinghouse Motor Company engineering teams, a year traveling Europe, and a summer in South America.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
Over 25 years of primary global technical, business, legal, and political strategic lead for startup to $B+ corporations and $100k to $340B+ programs. Abilities span transformative research to commercializing disruptive market products. My unique capability is a comprehensive understanding and use of multiphysics through a diverse range of academic degrees and decades of professional experience in electrical & mechanical engineering & physics. I bring this ability to all I lead, mentor, & teach.
My work has directly won and saved small to $340B+ programs. Work involves all aspects of public and private sector global strategizing, R&D, manufacturing, capture mgmt. & customer interaction including an extensive US government leads network. Achievements include the lead high fidelity technical expert on largest part of most expensive program in recorded history at over $340B, $4B corporate global engineering group lead, and solely representing business of a $5B program and technical business of a $1B acquisition. Technical, including Principal Investigator, and business lead includes all P&L, B2B, & B2C on extremely advanced programs including first of a kind electromechanical systems, superconducting (SC) applications, energy and power systems, aerospace & aeronautical vehicles & launch, all electric & hybrid vehicles, magnetic levitation & propulsion, wind & motion renewable systems, robotics & automation, MRI & NMR, and nonlinear control & optimization.
Key Contributions to Science & Technology
· The lead high fidelity technical expert for highest power hybrid electric land vehicle known. Developed 11 variants of Manned Ground Vehicle (FCS-MGV) and 3 variants of Armed Robotic Vehicle (FCS-ARV) hybrid electric tanks for the US Army Future Combat Systems (FCS), most expensive program in recorded history at more than $340B.
· Analysis, simulation, and controls technical lead for the most powerful linear motor ever built, the US Navy Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS). Follow on work led NASA Maglifter Earth and moon space launch system simulations.
· Primary analyst with system simulation, designer, and superconducting (SC) winding manufacturer for Holloman USAFB Mach 12 SC magnetic levitation (Maglev) rocket sled with a Mach 22 electromagnetic propulsion upgrade. SC achieved highest known packing factor (over 97%) and only SC in history to run in supersonic dynamic environment yet in the only compact liquid helium (LHe) cryostat known. Success is considerably more demanding than any known SC application where all other SC systems operate in a very controlled environment. System achieved Maglev world speed record February 21, 2008 at >570mph and has since exceeded Mach 1.
· Primary analyst and designer for Holloman USAFB rocket sled compact LHe cryostat with a liquid nitrogen thermal shield and electromagnetic damping plate. Achieved only compact LHe or compact aerodynamic cryostat known and only compact cryostat in history to run in supersonic dynamic environment yet with the highest packing factor SCs known.
· YBCO SC bulk trapped field magnet device Principal Investigator (PI) for compact to MW level program. Largest known device of this type for this SC material set for both wind turbine generator and US Navy vessel propulsion motor and generator.
· Pioneer in developing compact and higher efficiency SC devices including motors, generators, medical MRI, & NMR.
· Developed first ever fully Maglev controlled electrodynamics suspension vehicle damping.
· Founding first ever Center of Excellence for Superconducting (SC) Applications.
· Analysis and system simulation lead for first ever Railgun now in active deployment.
· SC cable and magnet industry lead pioneering mass commercialization of devices using advanced superconductors.
o State-of-the-art automated R&D to manufacturing machines that improve capability, repeatability, reliability, cost, and efficient production rates allowing the only commercially viable advanced SC products including high temperature SC.
o The SC cable machines produce SC cable cores from fragile advanced SCs operating from DC to the only transient including AC cables with acceptable operational losses.
o The SC magnet machines produce SC magnets from fragile advanced SCs.
(Multiphysics Technical Primary on all programs)
INFINITY PHYSICS, LLC & e-volv, Inc. Denver & Boulder, CO (July 2006-Present)
Chief Technology & Executive Officer. Technical, business including all P&L, B2B, & B2C, legal, and political global strategy lead of cutting edge multiphysics research to product companies. Primary missions are to develop commercial SC applications across industries. Patents issued on multiple devices & systems. Principal Investigator (PI) on multiple US Govt. Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) contracts including US National Science Foundation (NSF) and Dept. of Energy (DoE).
· Research Centers: Founding the first ever Center of Excellence for Superconducting Applications.
· Consulting: Multiple small to $B+ corps., US govt. agencies, National Labs, and military. Chief Engineer for $10Bs corps. such as 2.5 years for BAE Systems per below to $10Ms corps. such as 1 year for RSI-CRI for custom, rugged computers including Boeing unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) computers for USAF & SOCOM tactical ballistic sensors.
· Work: SC devices including low and high speed rotating & linear devices, MRI & NMR, electromagnetic space launch systems, USAF to NASA all electric plane machines & power systems to flight dynamics, automation & robotics unique multi-axis motion design & linear and non-linear control algorithms including vision control, smart machines & smart microgrid, and transmission fault ID & mitigation response strategies involving SC fault current limiters.
· Products: MMP-LMHS™ (NSF & DoE SBIR wins & patented technology) delicate advanced SC magnet and cable winding machine family inventor, wind and wave turbines for light tactical applications including US congressional meetings, educational STEM products including PortaLAB™ with curriculums (NSF SBIR wins), open motors, high power resistance sensors independent of temp. variation and electrical phase shift, and analog power supplies for high power quality.
TECO-WESTINGHOUSE MOTOR COMPANY Round Rock, TX (Oct. 2008–July 2011)
Global R&D Manager. Research and development (R&D) group lead for $4B global company. Position assumed Chief Engineer & later Global Vice President of R&D executive roles to P&L, B2B, & B2C for system integration, energy systems, power systems, materials, and wind energy groups. Technical lead to top-level corporate business, legal, and government strategies and representative including industry lead for US DoE & other professional organizations, $B+ agreements with global business & political leaders including US & China. Group, program, test, & capture mgmt. lead. Created & executed global corporate R&D strategic roadmap for ~50 direct & 100’s of indirect reports across over 20 parallel $Ms global public & private sector programs. PI for numerous $10Ms programs including US military and government agencies.
· Solely represented global heavy industry at DoE HTS red panel & MIT Sloan EPOCH with lead industry $B+ CEOs.
· System Integration: Wind turbines to wind farms, US Navy to specialty vessel marine architectures, motor/generator power trains, and electric vehicles. Complete multi power train microgrid lab built to my specs. in 2010. Pushed efficiency and power density envelope of machine to converter power train systems from unique thermal and higher voltage capabilities. Smart machine development through control techniques from the individual power train to larger grid use. Grid integration spans from marine vessel, power plant, and wind farm local microgrids to utility scale distribution and transmission grids.
· Energy Systems: Fractional to 100,000hp AC & DC, wire and bulk superconductor, high flux permanent magnet, line start, and air core machines. IE4 efficiency, air & liquid cooling systems, traction (all electric vehicles) to US Navy & NOAA ship propulsion, and magnetic gears. Responsible for over a dozen large projects at one time. A primary focus of multiple domestic to international projects was wind turbine and ship systems with a large generator and power electronics focus.
o GL commission test lead for a 2MW permanent magnet (PM) wind turbine in China. New 2MW PM generator and converter wind power train fully theorized to built in 9 months, typically takes 2.5 yrs. Developed new MW PM machine product line and new wind energy business division for company worth $100M.
o Built first company systems lab including first of a kind large machine high voltage, thermal, and vibration combined multi-stress test lab theorized to operating in under 1 month supporting US Dept. of Commerce (DoC) program of multi MW wind turbine direct drive stator close.
· Power Systems: Low to high voltage and power adjustable modular speed drives and smart controls. Work included common low to high level control product development and integration to newer capabilities spanning smart machine incorporation to very high 50kHz range switching frequency, high power drive techniques.
· Materials: Nano dielectrics and standard insulation and thermal flow system improvements.
· Superconductors (SC): Principal scientist for multiple high and low temperature SC wire, tape, & bulk programs.
o Principal Investigator (PI) for high temperature liquid nitrogen SC bulk trapped field magnet compact to multi MW level machines program acquired through congressional earmark and run through the US Office of Naval Research. Design set for both commercial use, wind turbine generator, and military use, US Navy vessel motor/generator.
BAE SYSTEMS Santa Clara, CA (Sept. 2006 – Dec. 2008)
Chief Engineer (Consultant). The lead high fidelity multiphysics technical expert for entire BAE Systems division and US Army Future Combat Systems (FCS), the most expensive program in recorded history, MGV & ARV hybrid electric tanks.
· FCS–Manned Ground Vehicle (FCS-MGV): Lead on largest FCS element replacing 11 US Army ground vehicle variants.
o Sole technical lead for high priority and successful, entire program scope affecting system model involving entire corporate team through customer on FCS, the most expensive program in recorded history at more than $340B.
o First math principles based high fidelity hybrid electric model captures all electromechanical effects from high power transmission down to resonant switching and extremely high frequency low inductive current fault transient effects.
o Developed partial and full scale hybrid electric drive system test labs.
o Developed highest power hybrid electric land vehicle known. Converter demands included variable frequency switching and element voltage level microgrid bus techniques as well as unique IGBT and IGCT simulation and testing of components to operate beyond manufacturer specification through to complete failure and failure mitigation analysis.
· FCS–Armed Robotic Vehicle (FCS-ARV): Lead scientist on entire hybrid drive & autonomous elements for 3 vehicle variants.
· Other division technology lead support: Includes Bradley vehicle upgrades, vehicle defensive measures, system testing, and military vehicle to entire US grid electromagnetic pulse protection from solar flare to nuclear weapon detonation.
GENERAL ATOMICS San Diego, CA (Nov. 1996–June 1999, Academic support 1999–2002, Nov. 2002–Sept. 2006)
Senior Staff Electromechanical Research Engineer & Test Manager. $M to $B program technical lead for cutting edge technology theory to pragmatic development including primary analysis, design, build, and test. Capture management lead.
· Holloman USAFB Mach 10+ Superconducting (SC) Maglev Rocket Sled: Null flux electrodynamic levitation and propulsion SC coils and compact aerodynamic LHe & LN2 cryostats, rocket sled system, full 3 & 6 DOF system state space models, power supply, and custom electrical components and controls. >7.5T SC coils achieved highest packing factor in SC history at >97%. Only compact LHe or compact aerodynamic cryostat known. Only SCs and compact cryostat in history to run in supersonic dynamic environment. Supported full scale system install and test at Holloman Air Force Base. System upgrade option analysis: Mach 22 EMP in evacuated tube. System achieved Maglev world speed record March 4, 2016 at >633mph.
· US Navy Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS): System simulation and test lead for the most powerful linear motor ever built. High-speed linear induction motor analysis and test included component to full system state space simulation and control design for all 18+ aircraft. Supported final design system install and test at Lakehurst US Naval A.S.
o Analysis, simulation, and controls technical lead. Prior team spent $15M+ over 4.5 years & 3 corps. w/ no output. 6 months left to win $100M final Navy down select over Northrop Grumman w/ $1B+ expansion. Led winning team.
o Solely led win for all initial proposals. Solely developed cost effective linear induction motors and self-excited generator.
o Due to EMALS & AAG job well done invited to new Ford class US aircraft carrier VIP commissioning party. Only ~150 attendees including US Sect. of State, Congressional leads, & admirals. First technical lead known to ever be invited.
· US Navy Aircraft Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG): System analysis lead for full state space simulation & control to V&V systems engineering for all 18+ aircraft. EMALS & AAG deployed in 2016 on all new Ford class US Navy aircraft carriers.
o Technical co-lead in winning a $100M final Navy down select over Northrop Grumman with $1B+ expansion.
· US Navy Advanced Linear Motor (ALM): System analysis and test involving induction ALM with a capacitor bank energy source for lab sized EMALS test bed. Supported final design, system install, and full scale test at Lakehurst US Naval A.S.
· US Navy & Army Advanced Railgun: Analysis lead of full system simulation & component design analysis of railgun from pre-fire energy storage through to exoatmospheric and reentry flight package. Actively deployed in 2016.
· US Navy: Analyzed power conditioning including and fight through ship power and ultra-capacitors before first ever industry release to market. Researched superconducting homopolar motor for naval ship propulsion.
· NASA Maglifter: Analysis of entire Earth and Moon linear motor and rocket combined space launch systems.
· Urban Maglev: System analyst for magnetic levitation and propulsion system and control including full system 6 DOF state space simulation and control. Program built the only full scale commercial Maglev test bed in the western hemisphere.
· Transrapid Maglev: Propulsion system, power integration, and guideway for multiple corridors including $4B NV to CA.
· Maglev Representative: Representative for Southern California, Las Vegas, and Pittsburgh area Maglev team meetings.
· Solely represented General Atomics during teaming meetings for $B+ proposals including early in career.
· US Army: Electromechanical system analyst for structures and system motion of artillery and tanks.
· Other programs include: Analysis of a nuclear power plant electrohydrodynamic liquid metal pump system for a Jupiter moon satellite based platform. Wound and tested accelerator dipole and quadrupole magnets for accelerated production of tritium program. Developed fuel and oxidizer atomizer injection system of Egyptian plasma generator program. Predator/ Reaper B, US military main UAVs, flight vehicle GN&C, ballistic analyses, simulation w/ SAR. Levitated and propelled Transrapid Maglev model for conferences and congressional meetings. Numerous SC application programs.
CENTER FOR ELECTROMECHANICS @ U. T. - AUSTIN Austin, TX (Aug. 1999–Dec. 2001)
Electromechanical Research Engineer. Cutting edge technology electrom
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.