Date of Birth: July 13, 1979
Desired Industry: Aeronautics/Aerospace
Desired Job Location: Italy
Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
Job Level: Experienced with over 8 years experience
Availability Date: Immediate
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Management consultant with over 8 years of experience as a Systems Engineer, involved with logistics and support activities for the operations of several projects for the International Space Station. I have led and completed numerous projects in Italy and abroad for the European Space Agency and the U.S. government space agency and gained capability of providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
Having had ample experience in project management, production processes, supply chain management, procurement, industrialization, logistics and operations matters has helped me develop solid leadership skills and an increased awareness of the dynamics of a project, aptitude for learning new skills, constructive independent critical thinking, asking productive questions, and finding innovative solutions to problems.
Extensive traveling, working abroad, frequent and consistent interaction with foreign partners to support product integration, have nurtured my capacity to adapt to new environments. I have learned how important it is to be flexible and make use of my own resources, such as keeping a lively network of contacts, good negotiation skills and positive thinking.
þ Technical Writing: reports, procedures, requirements, technical schemes
þ Systems requirements definition
þ Quality verification and certification
þ Hardware installation activity
þ Supply Chain management
þ Cost Reduction Engineering
þ Sales / Export / After sales
þ Logistics / Shipment
þ SAP / Microsoft Office / VIS MOCKUP, CATIA 5
þ English: Proficient User
þ PDM DMA Software
þ ENOVIA 3D Com
þ Office Software
þ 3D modeling Software
· As responsible for the Stowage Planning and On-Orbit Inventory and Stowage reporting (COLUMBUS International Space Station module), I contributed to optimizing the stowage management process, introducing the use of 3D tools and a dedicated KPI to be shared with TASI international partners. Moreover, I proposed better stowage solutions and managed their implementation with the flight control team and the crew.
· As stock consumption analyst (Trains for Italian, Polish and Swiss railways), I investigated on Lead Time of more than 40 suppliers and proposed new values of Reorder Point and Kan-Ban size in order to avoid out-of-stock and guarantee the availability of the codes for the future needs. Moreover I calculated the over and under consumption percentage of more than 3000 codes and I implemented it in SAP. Thanks to my analysis I guaranteed to save money for about one million euros.
ALSTOM Transport - Savigliano, Italy October 2011 - Present
Border line enhancement
• Continuous audit of the border line, footprint enhancement, Kan-Ban creation
• Detect failures in the current logistic definition
• Labelling in an efficient way the parts for easy identification by the production
Stock consumption analysis
• Analysis of the consumption versus forecast
• Adaptation of the parameters of re-order point, lead time, MOQ, bin size, SAP update
• Set up and update KPI to monitor enhancement (€ of over consume and under consume, missing part chasing)
PBOM Technician and Industrial Methodist
• Creation of Industrial Methods and implementation on Industrial Tree (PDM-DMA, 3D Com, SAP)
Quality inspection on spare parts
Thales Alenia Space Italia S.p.a.- Turin, Italy February 2005-October 2011
Kennedy Space Center - Florida, USA
ESA's Columbus Control Centre (Col-CC) - Munich, Germany
Different tasks on Columbus International Space Station module, led in Italy and in Germany, as Stowage Manager ofColumbus Mission Product Support team :
• Development of Increments and Stages Stowage Plans
• Real-time update the On-orbit Inventory and Stowage Reports
• Columbus Stowage Layout and Stowage Resources monitoring
• Spare monitoring and on-board availability assessment
• Introduction of a new 3D CAD SW in the stowage planning process and optimization of the current stowage solution.
• Management of the Inventory Stowage Item List and Maps, following the NASA IMS Database
• Remote monitoring of on-board activities and real-time support
• Consulted with engineering personnel regarding details and implications of testing procedures.
• Point of Contact of any real-time stowage issues possibly received from the Crew or ground support centers (Missing parts chasing activity and recovery actions assessment)
• Weekly staff meetings participation with ESA and International Partners
Different tasks on Node 2 and Node 3 International Space Station modules, led in Italy and in the USA, as Closeout Manager of Logistics and Operations group:
• Development of technical documentation, system schemes and flight handbooks following NASA standards
• Development of operating and close-out procedures (Node 3 Closeout Procedure, starting from the empty secondary structures inspection thru the final configuration certification before flight)
• Verification of flight hardware requirements and quality certification
• Development of the whole set of human factors and utility labels installation drawings for the internal side of the modules
• Development of Procedures and Action Request documents for the installation activities
• Flight hardware installation tasks (human factors and utility labels installation)
• Hardware imagery acquisition and storage for astronauts training and maintenance purposes
• Support to Crew inspections inside the modules, the fit check and external connectors mate with tests
• Operator at the ESA and NASA emblems installation on the external side of the modules
• Planning, Monitoring and Reporting / Staff meetings participation
CEPU – Turin, Italy December 2007-August 2009
Mechanical, Thermodynamics, Fluid dynamics teacher.
Italdesign Giugiaro S.p.A. – Turin, Italy June 2004-February 2005
Postgraduate internship, CAD Bodywork and moving parts division. Activity:
• 3D models and assembly drawings management and archiving
• Interface among Designer-Customer-Supplier
• Technical documentation process management
• Activity planning
• Preparation of reports, minutes and proceedings of meetings with Customers and Suppliers
Politecnico di Torino June 2004-February 2005
External collaborator as Project Manager for “Docking Test”, a microgravity payload.
Study and Design of a “Docking Test” experiment, finalized to validate a closed-loop automatic control system of satellite attitude. The activity concerned the project and the construction of a simulation dummy satellite able to be tested during a “Zero-G” experimental parabolic flight.
The goal of the study was to test and validate the controller algorithm, written using Visual Fortran programming language.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL COURSES
Politecnico di Torino Bachelor of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering 1998-2004
Altran Italia NOS - Disposizioni per la Protezione e la Tutela del Segreto di Stato 2010
Altran Italia Project Management according to the principles of the PMBOK 2011
Altran Italia Requirement Engineering e DOORS 2012
Member of the Italian professional association of Engineers 2005 - Present (Ordine degli Ingegneri della Provincia di Torino)
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
I authorize the use of my personal data according to the D. Lgs 196/2003
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.