- Experienced Program Manager on large Satellites projects
- Organisation and management of hightech projects.
- WBS, planning, cost control, configuration management.
- Negotiations with customers, partners, suppliers.
- Change management.
- Transnational organisations.
- Teams organisation and leadership.
- Cost reduction, redesign to cost, standardisation.
- Technical data management systems and production management systems.
- Strong experience in Space market, in Telecom Satellite business since 17years
- Bids or Programs experience with most satellites operators
- Good knowledge of the French and Italian Space Industry and Institutions
- Telecoms atellites.
Mechanical and thermal behaviour of structures and units
- Design, justification, development qualification.
- Composite and metallic structures, damping systems.
- Design of liquid propulsion systems of satellites and launchers (cryogenic)
- Operations and tests.
Integration and tests
- Integration and tests of satellites and launchers.
Since 2010: THALES ALENIA SPACE – Rome
Telecom Programs Director
- Management of a program portfolio (Sales 140M€/y) ranging from satellites to payload/ hosted payloads, for institutional (ASI, MOD) and commercial (Russia, Israel) customers.
- Successful reorganisation and professionalisation of Program Management teams and practices in very challenging context:
- Difficult operational status (continuous delays, undercash, overcosts, strong penalties).
- Strong workload increase linked to the entering into force of important contracts (Sicral2, Athena-Fidus)
- Telecom satellites TechnologyTransfer project.
- …Leading to profitability recovery within two years.
1996-2009: THALES ALENIA SPACE - Cannes (formerly ALCATEL & AEROSPATIALE)
Program manager for Eutelsat W7 telecom satellite program (2006–2009)
- Management of all aspects of this ambitious program:
- 140M€ - 31months
- The most powerful telecom satellite to date for Thales Alenia Space
- Eutelsat is one of the leading world satellites operators, with very demanding technical, programmatic and management requirements.
- Responsibility starting at contract negotiation and winning up to satellite in-orbit acceptance.
- The satellite was delivered on time, to full customer satisfaction, exceeding significantly the economical objectives assigned.
Technical manager of a telecom satellite programs (2001-2006)
- Management of all technical aspects of these Satellites.
Bids manager for telecom satellites (2001-2006)
- Responsible for establishing proposals for telecom satellites (100 to 400M€), and for their negotiation with the customer (Intelsat, Telesat, SES Americom, SES Astra, Eutelsat).
Spacebus Product Line manager (2000-2001)
- Creation of the Spacebus Product line organisation, within the Telecom Programs directorate.
- Definition and implementation of Alcatel’s product policy for geostationary telecom satellites.
- Program manager for R&D effort (both internal and ESA/Cnes subsidised).
- Implementation of a continuous improvement process.
- Design of standard satellite modules allowing cost reductions.
- Maintenance of a standard documentation package for current Spacebus platforms. Control of its use by commercial programs.
Responsible for standardisation and redesign-to-cost in an important cost reduction program (Spacebus++ 1998-2000)
- Management of 35 working groups involving 10 consultants and more than 200 collaborators throughout the company.
- Implementation of standardisation and customisation control methods.
ð Achievement of 25% cost reduction in 2 years.
AIT (Assembly, Integration, Tests) improvement project manager (1996-1998)
- Implementation of methods for preparation and execution of operations.
- Quality enhancement (minimisation of risks and anomalies)
- Reinforcement of skills and expertise
Telecom satellites assembly manager (1996-1998)
- Management of a team of 10 engineers and 20 technicians.
- Implementation of integrated teams with the design office to achieve improvement in manufacturability of the design.
1990-1996: AEROSPATIALE, Space and Defence, Les Mureaux
Design Office Ariane5 Stages
Chief of the “Fluids engineering” Dept (1993-1996)
- Organisation and recruitment of a team of specialists of design and operations of cryogenic propulsion systems.
- Writing of tests and operations specifications of the Ariane5 Main Cryogenic booster.
- Specification, follow-up and post processing the stage test campaigns in Kourou.
- Development of skills and simulation tools.
- Strong co-operation with SEP, DASA-Bremen, Cnes, Arianespace.
“Stages engineering managers” teamleader (1993-1996)
- Recruitment and training of a multidisciplinary team of eight senior engineers in charge of allt echnical aspects of the stages from integration to customer delivery and launch campaign.
- Direct engineering responsibility of the qualification stage, up to delivery to Cnes.
Responsible for structural dynamics of Ariane5 Main Cryogenic stage (1990-1993)
- Engineering manager for dynamic qualification of structural subassemblies made by Fokker, MAN, Air Liquide, SEP, and tested in Germany (6 months test campaign in Ottobrun).
- Dampers product manager.
- Design, development and qualification elastomeric dampers for heavy units.
- Management of the associated sub-contract (4M$).
- Structural design (static and dynamic finite element modelling).
- 1994 European Consortium for Advanced Training in Aeronautics (ECATA)
- Senior management course dealing with the organisation and management of European co-operative programs, organised by the main European aerospace companies an duniversities (6 months, inMadrid-Spain and Delft-The Netherlands). Comparative study of the organisation of the main European co-operative projects.
- 1988 Ecole Supérieure des Techniques Aérospatiales (ESTA-ORSAY)
Engineering degree in Aeronautics and Space.
- 1988 Ecole Supérieure de Physique et Chimie Industrielles (ESPCI–PARIS).
Engineering degree in Physics.
- English: Fluent.
- Italian: Fluent.
- German: Basics.
- National service as a Navy Officer on board a patrol ship based in Noumea–New Caledonia.
- Until 1995, dinghy regattas and off-shore sailing races at national and international level.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.