SUMMARY Technical and business leader creating sustainable competitive advantage through process improvement. More than 20 years of professional solutions primarily in aerospace and defense connecting engineering teams to the needs of other teams including contracts, procurement, manufacturing, and proposals. Selected to manage procurement performance of greatest cost portion of the most complex procurement and most expensive contract in human history.
CORE More than 10 years of technical management across projects and programs including lifecycle analysis, electromechanical design and procurement of components and systems, managing subcontracts and purchasing requirements and performance, and improving processes to optimize the flow of production from intellectual capital to installed hardware.
EDUCATION M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Toledo, June 1996
B.S. Engineering Physics, University of Toledo, August 1991
Infinity Physics, Cedar Park, TX 6/09 – present
Director of Operations
· Business Lead for all ongoing projects, supporting proposals, and continuously improving processes and tools for management of facilities, resources, and projects including design, procurement, assembly, and installation.
· Systems Engineering Lead defining strategies, methods, and tools to capture and process intellectual capital.
· Electromechanical Design Team Lead for all models, drawings, graphic renderings, parts lists, and trade studies. Used Pro/Engineer for modeling, animations, and drawings.
· Procurement Lead establishing vendor relationships, tracking cost and schedule of orders, receiving inspection.
· Information Technology Lead defining and developing storage network and communications infrastructure.
· Web Design Lead arranging layout, style, and development of content for corporate web presence.
· Completed all modeling and procurement then led assembly of patent-pending Linear Media Handling System. Accuracy of modeling and procurement supported a zero error initial build.
· Created and implemented a process and tool for compiling labor costs with embedded tracking of projects, functions, and tasks in anticipation of performance reporting, proposal support, and earned value management.
· Established a process and designed the tool for compiling procurement lifecycle data from proposals to order tracking to inventory management to accounts payable.
· Constructed and released corporate website comprehensive of products, services, and blogs.
BAE Systems, Santa Clara, CA 9/06 – 6/09
Senior Project Manager
· Cost and schedule management of over $100M in development and procurements of hybrid electric propulsion system hardware for Future Combat Systems Manned Ground Vehicle (largest contract in human history).
· Coordinate with technical managers to lead development of work breakdown structure, integrated master schedule, basis of estimate, maintenance of estimate at complete, and tracking of performance using Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
· Presentation of propulsion procurement cost and schedule performance to program, customer, DCMA auditors.
· Propulsion department representative in preparing hardware procurement proposals for defense contracts.
· Cost and schedule management of department technical management resources.
· Created and executed a process and tools for compiling hardware costs with embedded compensation for ordering errors and account transfer errors common in a development effort.
· Exceeded capabilities of corporate standard by developing graphical tool for capturing analyses of variance to original budget and subsequent estimates.
· Managed scope that produced zero questions in government program audit with customer citing prompt, accurate cost and schedule reporting with innovating expandable levels of detail.
· Upon site implementation of Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning database, led site in identification of significant examples of improper accounting by new system.
Orbital Sciences, Chandler, AZ 9/02 – 5/06
Senior Propulsion Engineer, System Lead
· Technical leadership of propulsion system design including component supply from procurements, storage, shipment, integration and testing, integration procedures, system requirements, discrepancies, and anomalies.
· Presentation of propulsion system status and issues to department, launch vehicle programs, launch ranges, and launch customers.
· Obtained secret clearance and led effort in designing, procuring, and testing ordnance system for new CMCM-2 launch vehicle on a compressed schedule and resulting in two of two successful launches.
· Pegasus propulsion system management contributed to two successful flights of Pegasus launch vehicles and delivered component supply for next 3 vehicles representing a two year margin of required effort.
· Chosen by department management to revise documented standards and processes and define procedures.
Senior Propulsion Engineer, Component Lead
· Technical leadership of procurement activities including subcontracts, supplier design and manufacturing reviews, negotiation of engineering changes between supplier and Orbital programs, component testing, resolution of anomalies and discrepancies.
· In less than one year, developed efficiency of duties including development of electronic data storage and management system that supported successful management of half of all ordnance components procured for Orbital launch vehicles. Upon promotion, these duties consumed the responsibilities of 4 engineers.
Lockheed Martin Astronautics, Denver, CO 12/96 – 4/02
(Delegate) Certified Product Engineer
· Qualification, delivery, and integration of two flight critical procured ordnance components for launch vehicle.
· Daily schedule review and action item closure, requirements specification and verification, test monitoring, change cost analysis and proposal, document and drawing approval.
· Coordination of component specification with designers, buyers, quality, and contracts.
· Amidst numerous requirement changes and test anomalies, overcame inherited schedule debt and provided guidance leading to successful qualification and delivery of each component.
· Chosen for lead role of 12 engineers conducting Windchill product data management implementation study.
Propulsion Design Engineer
· Design of electrical, mechanical, and ordnance systems on launch vehicle.
· Planning, requirements specification, Mechanica FEA analysis, Pro/Engineer solid modeling and mechanical drawings, presentations, and interface integration of designs.
· Direction of production engineering and assembly technicians during installation of designs.
· Design of liquid level sensing components internal to launch vehicle propellant tanks.
· Design of flight critical ordnance transfer systems extending throughout launch vehicle.
· Level sensor designs were considered role models due to cost, weight, risk analysis, ease of installation and achieving flight qualification status.
Automatic Handling, Inc., Erie, MI. 7/93 - 6/95
· Interaction with customers for specification, design, and detail of material handling equipment systems.
· Designs and AutoCAD drawings for electric, hydraulic, pneumatic, and human powered systems including cranes, conveyors, upenders, and shaft extractors.
· Coordination of OEM vendors, in house fabrication shop and assemblers through design and construction.
· Produced design and drawings then supervised installation of $1M overhead crane system for Ford Milan Plastics Plant. Met schedule and exceeded design criteria.
· Promoted from Design Engineer 6/94 and awarded lead engineer position in startup division.
Exothermics-Eclipse, Inc., Toledo, OH. 7/89 - 7/93
· Conduct tests of heat exchangers and develop automated documentation and analysis of results.
· Fabrication of heat exchangers including operation of shear, brake, saw, forklift, MIG and TIG welders.
· Developed software tool to optimize the configuration of shell and tube heat exchanger modules.
· Identified need for sheet metal drop storage rack then designed and fabricated the rack.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. 7/88 - 7/89
· Model solar absorption and its contribution to atmospheric chemistry of planet Mars.
· Pioneered remote computing. Edited and launched code from Toledo that ran in Ann Arbor.
University of Toledo, Toledo, OH. 9/86 - 4/96
Master’s Project Generation and Optimization of NURB Surfaces to Represent a Specific 3D Object. Given a collection of surface points, computer code written in C resolves virtual representation of physical objects.
Bachelor’s Project Designing an Atmospheric Model of the Planet Mars. Computer code written in IDL simultaneously solves a set of partial differential equations to model atmospheric chemistry.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.