CV: Senior Systems Engineer
| Date Submitted:||04-03-2013|
| Last Modified:||04-03-2013 (06:25)|
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Solid technical background combined with extensive experience in the accomplishment of multiple large-scale aerospace projects, tasks and priorities effectively and in a timely manner. Demonstrated track record of success in controlling costs, boosting efficiencies, and providing technical leadership in solving the most demanding of engineering challenges. Superior communicator, readily distills complex materials into easily-understood, compelling reports and presentations. Willing to travel and relocate. Core competencies include:
* Technical Management
* Satellite Systems
* Requirements Analysis
* Team Player/Team Leader
* Specification Development
* DOORS Expert
* Design Reviews
* Remote Sensing Systems
* Operations Management
INTEL CORP., Folsom, California, 2000 – Present
* Developed integrated design solutions in close collaboration with the customer, analyzing current systems and engineering innovative and appropriate solutions.
* Oversaw requirements database creation/administration, requirements management and change control processes with a focus on enabling new technologies and influencing key customers.
* Shepherded critical multi-million dollar initiatives throughout the entire project lifecycle, from inception and design to implementation and rollout.
* Streamlined development processes and improved productivity through effective reporting, prioritization and customer communications.
* Collaborated with external customers and hardware vendors to successfully resolve critical issues slowing product launch; eliminated costly delays and won a Division Recognition Award.
* Conducted analysis and risk assessments; recommended risk mitigation strategies.
* Created a DOORS database for 100+ users on a software design project with 3K+ requirements; customized an exporting tool to increase productivity by 50%.
* Managed distribution of 1.3K customer reference boards to 40 external vendors.
* Spearheaded an enabling effort for new hardware feature support with internal teams and external vendors; cutting-edge features launched on-time and on-budget for all product lines.
LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP., Sunnyvale, California, 1996 – 2000
* Planned and executed daily operating procedures for satellite support activities; analyzed state-of-health data for a critical communications satellite constellation.
* Key player in bringing an understaffed satellite subsystem design back on schedule by developing new processes; restored the project’s potential profits to $10M+.
* Defined, established and met project goals and milestones for project teams that directly led to successful customer demonstrations.
* Assigned to critical roles in optical and remote sensing satellite programs, software checkout & test, requirements engineering, DOORS, proposals, design reviews, launch and operations.
* Served as Test Lead for software integrated checkout & test activities at multiple U.S. sites.
* Developed and oversaw test cases to validate mission planning software requirements compliance.
* Managed trade studies for a large spacecraft project that directly led to improved hardware designs and optimized processes for the customer.
* Initiated and lead a DOORS pilot program to prove requirements management capability.
* Expanded DOORS use to a new satellite program for requirements traceability, change management and specification publishing.
HUGHES SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS CO., El Segundo, California, 1989 – 1996
Systems Engineer / Member of Technical Staff
* Assumed a leadership role for the Systems Analysis Activity on a satellite project; managed team members with an emphasis on performance metrics, positive motivation and mentorship.
* Oversaw orbital design, thermal & power constraint satisfaction, maneuver planning, documentation, and formal presentation of results to customer.
* Performed software modeling for mission verification and analysis of Atlas/Centaur and Titan launch vehicle booster trajectory/mission performance for cost savings of $250K.
* Carried out satellite and launch vehicle systems engineering, mission analysis, launch & operations, specification development and interface control documentation.
* Wrote and performed system test procedures for a spacecraft test program resulting in a 100% pass rate for the test phase.
EDUCATION & OTHER DATA
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, California
Master of Science, Aerospace Engineering
Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering
Security Clearance: Top Secret / SSBI / Polygraph (Expired); Clearable
Professional Memberships: International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
Excellent references furnished upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery
|3 months - Bronze
|6 months - Silver
|12 months - Gold
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.