PROJECT MANAGER IN AERONAUTICS DEFENCE AND SPACE SYSTEMS
Joined AIRBUS Defence & Space in Toulouse in 1996
Since August 2016: Operations Preparation Manager and Interface with Service Provider – EGNOS System
# Operations, Maintenance and Training Preparation for EGNOS V3 System #
For V3 future version of EGNOS System, in the frame of Airbus Defence and Space Proposal to ESA ITT:
• Specification, definition and justification of EGNOS V3 Operational Concept, Maintenance strategy, and Training of Operators and Service Provider
• Definition and validation of the Migration scenario from EGNOS V2 to EGNOS V3
• Definition of system upgrades and new releases deployment constraints
• Support to the design of operational subsystems MMIs
• Coordination of the design and development of the Training and Troubleshooting platforms of the Service Provider
• Support to the definition and validation of operational and maintenance procedures of the Service Provider
January 2014 / July 2016 : Critical Software Development Manager – EGNOS and GALILEO Systems
# Critical Software Standards (DO-278A) and Real Time HW/SW Architecture for EGNOS V3 #
For V3 future version of EGNOS System, in the frame of Airbus Defence and Space Proposal to ESA ITT:
• Definition of critical software development standards in compliance with ECSS (European Space Agency standards) and DO-278A
• Definition and deployment of processes, methods and tools implementing these standards
• Definition of real time hardware/software architecture of EGNOS V3 Data Processing Segment
• Definition and coordination of the interface between the System Design and Operations Preparation
# Definition of maintenance processes and tools for the European global navigation satellite system Galileo (in the frame of Airbus Proposal to GSA ITT for Galileo Service Operator) #
January 2012 / December 2013: Quality and Configuration Manager for Ground Segments
# Quality and Configuration Manager for Telecom and Earth Observation Satellites Control Centres #
For ERSSS (Kazakhstan), SPOT6, SPOT7 and PLEIADES Earth Observation Programs, for Telecom Eurostar E3000 satellites and for recurrent software products included (30 projects):
• Definition and setting-up of Quality and Configuration baselines in accordance with customers requirements, both for Airbus D&S teams and towards sub-contractors
• Control of processes, products quality assurance, support to development teams
• Support to Project Managers for risks analysis, actions management, setting-up and monitoring of indicators and metrics, participation to projects reviews
• Configuration management and organisation of control boards for anomalies and change requests
• Verification of deliveries and participation to acceptance reviews both from sub-contractors and towards customers
• Participation to the definition and deployment of standards and processes in the Ground Segments division (in the objective of CMMI2 certification at the end of 2013)
January 2010 / December 2011: YahSat Telecommunications Satellite for United Arab Emirates
# Responsible of the Network Management System software for YahSat Ground Segment #
• Following of software development made by a 100 people-team spread over Portsmouth and Stevenage Airbus D&S sites
• Analysis of the design, development and validation strategy, methods and tools
• Checking of the software product conformity with its specification, and of the processes and standards correct application
• Schedules and costs control, risks management
• Technical interface with development and validation English teams, programmatic interface with the Software Project Manager based in Portsmouth, management of a 3 people-support team in Toulouse
• Participation to reviews and acceptance of software deliveries
• Frequent travels in UK
January 2006 / December 2009: Deputy Head of the On-board Software Department
# Responsible of the pole “Telecommunications & Science”: E3000 telecommunications satellites, GAIA and BEPI scientific missions, ACES instrument (atomic clocks to be installed on Columbus ISS module) and reusable internal software products #
• Hierarchical management of the pole staff (increased in 4 years from 12 to 40 people): recruitment, missions definition and assignment, annual appraisals, careers and remuneration management, training, subcontractors choice and management
• Technical and programmatic support to the projects of the pole: schedules and costs control, risks management, support to the characterization and resolution of technical problems
• Processes and standards definition for the department. CMMI3 certification in 2008. “Process Owner” of the Validation process: maintenance of the standards and templates, improvement of the process and verification of its correct application in all the projects of the department
April 1998 / December 2005: Real Time On-Board Software Project Manager – International Environment
# Project Manager of real time software embarked on telecommunications and Earth observation satellites: E2000+ and E3000 generic platforms, ERS, SPOT and HELIOS satellites, ROCSAT payload, Automated Transfer Vehicle ATV for the International Space Station ISS #
• Software product definition, development and validation plans writing, quotation and schedule estimation
• Technical et financial negotiation with customers (CNES, ESA, Airbus D&S Business Units)
• Teams organisation and management (up to 20 persons), developments direction, schedules and costs control (up to 8 M€)
• Management of several projects in parallel
• Software technical and financial proposals of Mars Express satellite and E3000 telecommunications generic platform
November 1996 / March 1998: Software Project Technical Responsible
• Architectural design of software components for the Columbus module of the International Space Station
August 1993 / October 1996 – MATRA DEFENSE, Defense Operations Division
August 1995 / October 1996: Software Project Responsible
# Test Case Software Project Manager #
• Specification, design, development and integration of real time software for a test case of missile launching stations embarked on frigate
• Project management of the development of these software: customer interface, schedule and costs following
August 1993 / July 1995: Responsible of a Reusable Software Library
# Project Manager of a Reusable Library of Low-level Basic Software #
• Design, development and integration of low level software reusable on several avionics projects
• Sub-contractors management and following of the contracted software developments
• Configuration Management of the reusable components library and support to the users
August 1988 / July 1993 – THOMSON-CSF, Radars and Countermeasures Division
January 1993 / July 1993: Project manager of the RAFALE radar inter-computers internal bus
# Management of hardware and software developments: interface boards, on-board inter-computers communication software, database MHI, exchanges simulation and spying software on test bench #
• Coordination of the hardware, software and test bench teams, schedules and costs management
• Coordination of the design of all exchanges between computers on the bus and administration of the database containing these data
• Maintenance and evolutions of the inter-computers communication software, validation on test bench of data exchanges
August 1991 / December 1992: Responsible of the RAFALE radar Signal Processing Software
• Design, development and integration of a secured real time software spread over 2 on-board multiprocessors computers
• Technical management of a 5 developers team (engineers and technicians): definition and spread of development and integration activities, scheduling
August 1988 / July 1991: Signal Processing Software Engineering
• Study and simulation of signal processing and information processing algorithms
• Development of mock-up software simulating radar modes
• Study of the dependability of a radar mode
• Appraisal of software development environment tools
1988: Graduated as an engineer from the French Engineer school “Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Ingénieurs Electriciens de Grenoble” (ENSIEG – INP Grenoble, FRANCE) – Option Electrotechnics Control and Actuators for Robotics
French : mother tongue
English : fluent
Italian : working knowledge
Born: March 10, 1965
Married, 2 children
Sports: collective gymnastic club of Airbus D&S, women’s volley-ball team of THOMSON-CSF, classical dance, skiing, qi gong
Hobbies: reading, travelling (Netherland, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Austria, United States, West Indies, Mauritius, Dominican Republic)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.