December 2009 – December 2012:
Project manager for the satellite operator Eutelsat SA in Paris/France. Performance analysis and coverage definition for Ka-Sat: definition of the communication cells and link budget calculations including the C/I inter-spot interference ratio (characteristic interference for Ka-Sat). Creation and handling of “Broadcast” and “multibeam” coverage types. Development of conversion algorithms for different radiation pattern diagram files. Contribution to the Terabit project.
October 2008 – June 2009:
Antenna design project at UCL (University College London) in London/United-Kingdom with Ken Fai Tong as supervisor. Working on a pre-existing antenna model in order to modify and improve the transmission performances in the domain of a circular polarized signal. Work based on simulations and analyzing results with the software IE3D. The results of this project lead to a PhD subject.
June 2007 – July 2008 :
One-year internship at Eutelsat SA in Paris/France. Working in the department FSS (Future Satellite Systems) on:
· Development of a simulation tool with Matlab, for detailed satellite link budgets taking into account atmospheric attenuations defined by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
· Development of a simulation chain with Simulink in order to estimate the effects of non-linearity and losses for a Multi-Port Amplifier (MPA).
June 2006 – September 2006:
Internship at DLR (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt) in Berlin/Germany. In charge of image processing and the update of the Web Site archives
2004 – 2005:
Joint research project with ERSET (European heatexchanger builder) for the analysis of the heatexchanger TEMPERSET. The study focused on measurements of temperatures and the explanation of physical observations.
December 2009 – December 2012 : Telecom ParisTech/Eutelsat SA, Paris, France
PhD in collaboration with Eutelsat SA (Paris/France) and Télécom ParisTech (Paris/France) with a CIFRE (Conventions Industrielles de Formation par la Recherche) contract in the space/satellite domain for Satellite Broadband design and applications.
PhD subject: future satellite systems and architectures for interactive applications.
· Development of a novel satellite dimensioning method and optimization of the traffic on the forward and return link as well as the study of inter-spot interference
· Participation at several conferences: 17th Ka-Band (October 2011 in Palermo/Italy), ICSSC-11 (November 2011 in Nara/Japan) and ESTEL 2012 (October 2012 in Rome/Italy).
· Reviewer for: ISWTA 2012 and APACE 2012
Supervisors : Dr Emmanuel Lance (Eutelsat) and Dr Georges Guisantes-Rodriguez (Télécom ParisTech).
Thesis defence : 13th of December 2012.
Jury: M. Boucheret, M. Ruggieri, M. Bousquet, P. Balling, A. Lindley, N. Samama
Courses followed in the context of the doctoral training: project management (TP), Human resources and labour law (TP), space antennas (ESA in Noordwijk/Holland).
September 2008 – September 2009 : University College London, London, United Kingdom
Master of Science in “Spacecraft Technologies and Satellite Communications” at University College London (UCL) in London/united-Kingdom focusing on the various mechanical, electronic and space aspects of a spacecraft and the properties of the space environment. Double degree/Diplôme d’Ingénieur UCL-Télécom Sud Paris.
2005 – 2007 : Télécom Sud Paris, Evry, France
Master of Science in telecommunications engineering with a strong emphasis on marketing and business related applications.
· Communications theory (modulation, Forward Error Correction, baseband and RF), satellite communications, satellite systems and space technologies.
· Satellite communications standards (DVB-S/2/3 and DVB-RCS/2)
· Link dimensioning
· Satellite design and dimensioning (payload and platform)
· Very familiar with the scientific program Matlab and its module Simulink.
· Familiar with the antenna software Satsoft (satellite antenna conception software).
· Very good grasp of the Office pack and the document markup language « LaTeX »
· Programming languages: basic knowledge of C, Java and HTML.
· French-German: fully bilingual
· English : excellent (written and spoken)
· Spanish : Basic knowledge
· Italian : currently learning
“A Novel Dimensioning Method for High throughput Satellite Design”, D.Serrano-Velarde, E.Lance, H.Fenech, G.Rodriguez-Guisantes, 17th Ka Band Conference, October 2011, Palermo/Italy
“A Novel Dimensioning Method for High throughput Satellite Design”, D.Serrano-Velarde, E.Lance, H.Fenech, G.Rodriguez-Guisantes, ICSSC- AIAA, December 2011, Nara/Japan
“Optimal packet allocation methods in multi-beam satellite architecture using FTDMA on the Return Link”, D.Serrano-Velarde, E.Lance, H.Fenech, G.Rodriguez-Guisantes, ICSSC- AIAA, December 2011, Nara/Japan
“A Novel Dimensioning Method for High throughput Satellite Design”, D.Serrano-Velarde, E.Lance, H.Fenech, G.Rodriguez-Guisantes, ESTEL-IEEE, October 2012, Rome/Italy
“Statistical Characterization of the Interference on the Return link of a Broadband Satellite System”, D.Serrano-Velarde, E.Lance, H.Fenech, G.Rodriguez-Guisantes, ESTEL-IEEE, October 2012, Rome/Italy
“A Novel Dimensioning Method for High throughput Satellite Design”, D.Serrano-Velarde, E.Lance, H.Fenech, G.Rodriguez-Guisantes, accepted by IEEE AESS transactions, currently integrating comments
Emmanuel Lance Technical Manager at Eutelsat SA, Paris, France
Georges Rodriguez-Guisantes Professor in Electronics and Communications, Telecom ParisTech, Paris, France
Nel Samama Professor in Satellite Navigation System at Télécom Sud Paris, Evry, France
Hector Fenech Head of the Future Satellite Systems Group (FSSG) at Eutelsat SA, Paris, France
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.