Defense & Commercial Satellite Communications Technology Management Professional
Masters-level communications technology management, consulting, integration and solution development professional bringing 13 years of trusted and dedicated service to the defense and commercial satellite communications industries, focused solely on delivering high-quality, requirements-driven and security-compliant IT products and services enabling enhanced and sustainable warfighter operational capabilities through innovation, critical thinking, broad industry knowledge-base, and an unwavering commitment to customer-centric and value-driven support.
Personnel Security Clearance: Active Secret (DoD)
Military Experience: US Army (6yrs Active Duty) Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer MOS 25S (31S), Tactical & Strategic Assignments Worldwide, E6 - SSG (Platoon Sergeant, Liaison Officer, Network Planner)
Federal Contract Vehicle Experience: Business Development, Capture Management, Systems Engineering, Competitive Analysis & Strategic Corporate Positioning, Proposal Development & Delivery
- Current Vehicles: ITES-2S, Encore II, Alliant Small Business (ASB), GSA Schedule 70 (SIN 8,51,54,55), FCSA & CS2, GSM P&S/ETI (DGS), Seaport-E (All Zones), APC2, R23G, SITEC SS, GTACS, TEIS III, USGOne, IMOD
- Upcoming Vehicles: Communications & Transmission Systems (CTS), Technical Control Facility (TCF) MATOC, TASS, OMDAC-SWACA
Highest Level of Education: Masters of Science Technology Management (MSTM - 05/2011) - George Mason University School of Management (SOM) - GPA 3.92 - Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Graduate
Key Areas of Expertise: Business Development & Capture; Requirements Engineering; Requirements Traceability Mapping; RFI/RFQ/RFP Response Strategy; Technical Solution Development; Shipley Proposal Development; Technical & Management Volumes; Ghosting Strategy Development; Story Board & Anchor Graphics; Negotiating Business Relationships; Organizational Change Management; Cross-functional Team Development; Competitive Industry Analysis & Product Positioning; Strategic Marketing Plans/Campaigns
Professional Experience: 13 Years
Business Development Manager for DoD, SNR Systems, LLC., McLean, VA, November 2012 to March 2013
· Led capture and proposal development efforts for GIG Services Management (GSM) Program, Project and Support (P&S) task orders via the Alliant Small Business (ASB) contract as Prime, valued in excess of $50 million in revenue.
· Primarily focused on positioning for Legacy Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) Network Elimination/Modernization, DISN Infrastructure/Architecture Technology Refresh, and Technical Control Facility (TCF) Modernization opportunities (EFI&T) worldwide.
· Provided strategic business development support for Hawaii-based Pacific Business Unit, focused on expansion of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services throughout the Pacific Theater (Hawaii, Guam, Japan, Korea) and West Coast.
· Primary customer base included multiple organizations within Network Services (NS) Communications Center, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), including NS1, NS11, NS12, NS13, NSE, NS6 and EE.
IDIQ Capture Manager (PM), Trace Systems Inc., McLean, VA, January 2012 to October 2012
· Provided support to the Business Development Organization and Proposal Operations by finding, qualifying, and pursuing business opportunities on 18 existing IDIQ contracts.
· Identified and monitored task orders that aligned with corporate capabilities (products and services) and growth strategies, positioned the company for pursuit and capture, and worked with teammates to submit a competitive response.
· Utilized industry relationships and technical knowledge of satellite communications (SATCOM) and information technology (IT) network architecture/infrastructure, and information assurance (IA) to generate business through related IDIQs (e.g., ITES-2S, R23G, S3, Encore II, SeaPort-e, etc.).
· Interfaced with government key decision makers and contracting organizations, establishing and maintaining relationships.
· Developed and applied revenue-focused assessment and evaluation criteria, ensuring delivery of high-value opportunities during executive-level business development pipeline meetings and reviews.
· Tracked and qualified draft solicitations, live solicitations, and other opportunities of interest identified in the corporate pipeline.
· Briefed executive leadership during regular business development and pipeline review meetings.
SATCOM Systems Engineer, ITility, LLC. Chantilly, VA, August 2011 to December 2011
· Provided SATCOM Systems Engineering Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Network Services Directorate (NSD) in support of the Assured SATCOM Services in Single Theater (ASSIST) Program Management Office (PMO).
· Requirements Analysis– performed analysis of existing network(s) including bandwidth utilization, data throughput rates, vulnerabilities and security issues, and project utilization, using information resulting from these analyses to support a design concept that addresses hardware and bandwidth requirements.
· System Specifications– leveraged professional experience with existing commercial and industry practices to translate user requirements into an overall system specification and technical requirement in support of the development of all technical, programmatic and source selection documentation.
· Acquisition and Documentation Support– prepared systems engineering plans, information support plans and required documentation in support of programmatic statutory and regulatory requirements.
· Operational Support – aided the government in identifying and documenting optimal implementation, integration, operation and sustainment strategies for the anticipated solicitation release.
Senior Product Manager – Global Xpress I-5 Ka Band, Segovia Inc., Herndon, VA, July 2010 to August 2011
· Collaborated directly with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Director of Strategic Marketing to define the product strategy and roadmap, ensuring a solid product pipeline meeting both customer needs and business objectives.
· Researched, developed and delivered comprehensive customer and competitor profiles to executive management, aimed at providing critical business intelligence necessary for the development and implementation of high-value business initiatives.
· Provided technical analysis and high level design for new proposals, including enhanced network diagrams and graphics, terrestrial network resource and capacity planning, and associated hardware and software connectivity requirements in line with strict defense security guidelines and compliance standards.
· Developed new and innovative strategic marketing campaigns and associated product collateral, designed to achieve first mover advantage and expand brand awareness throughout critical emerging markets, including Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA), Commercial Aeronautical Systems, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platforms.
· Conducted demand-driven business impact analysis (BIA) to gauge the overall competitive impact of the recent surge of merger and acquisition (M&A) activity throughout multiple segments of the COMSATCOM industry, using scenario analysis to develop critical mitigation approaches and strategies to ensure sustained competitive advantage and product and service differentiation.
· Executive board member for ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS), contributing expertise in ITIL and Six Sigma-based process efficiency and improvement initiatives, aligning critical performance measures with key business metrics, including revenue generation, customer satisfaction, operating expenditures (OPEX), and internal business infrastructure optimization.
Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE), Segovia Inc., Herndon, VA, March 2009 to July 2010
· Delivered expert analysis of United States (US) Department of Defense (DOD) military components in the areas of tactical and strategic warfighter communication systems, wideband satellite bandwidth demand forecasts, global implementation strategies, and overall deployed communications operations worldwide with a core focus on US Army programs.
· Provided critical engineering consultation regarding competitive positioning and response strategies for government Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation.
· Evaluated contract acquisition feasibility and win percentages during proposal response evaluation activities, including initial gate reviews, win theme and competitive strategy sessions, and technical volume solution development.
· Utilized link budget analysis (LBA) software tools, including LST5, CLBT Lite, and SatMasterPro, to calculate customer space segment and terrestrial network throughput requirements for end-to-end COMSATCOM solutions.
· Designed, developed and executed key process improvement initiatives based on the evaluation of internal performance metrics designed to monitor the effectiveness of the Solutions Delivery department within Segovia.
· Incorporated detailed systems integration, test and evaluation (SITE) approach during solution development, driving efficiencies towards internal verification and validation (IV&V) activities through functional and physical configuration auditing processes.
· Created new and innovative product marketing materials for use by federal account executives (FAE), improving the quality of prospective customer requirements documentation delivered to the solutions engineering department.
· Led cross-functional teams during requirements engineering activities for major proposal efforts, constructing detailed requirements traceability matrices ensuring solution compliance across all core engineering disciplines.
Project Manager – Configuration Management, SAIC Inc., Falls Church, VA, October 2008 to March 2009
· Configuration Management Lead for the Net Enabled Command Capability (NECC) Joint Program Management Office (JPMO), providing direct support to the Technical Operations and Supportability(TO&S) Branch Chief in the areas of process improvement, metrics analysis, change management, configuration management, and all related tasks associated with the change control process.
· Planned, coordinated, and executed NECC Configuration Management Boards (CMB) and Configuration Control Boards (CCB), providing situational awareness into requirements traceability for JPMO and Component Program Management Offices (CPMO) of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corp, Joint Combat Capability Developer (JCCD), and Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
· Designed multi-view project management dashboards, increasing the efficiency, transparency and quality of reporting within the branch.
· Maintained IBM Rationale ClearQuest database utilized by systems engineering personnel for changes to program artifacts, including Spiral Allocated Capability Modules (SACM), Service Description Exchange Matrices (SDXM), Milestone and Preliminary Design Review (PDR) documentation.
· Implemented aggressive change request (CR) and request for deviation (RFD) process improvement initiative leading to a 35% decrease in process times for major category CR’s within the first four months.
· Incorporated Paretto-based analysis techniques to identify, isolate and eliminate currently inefficient process steps, streamlining the configuration management process.
Operations/Special Projects Manager – Earth Terminal Complex (ETC), ITT Systems Division, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, May 2008 to October 2008
· Delivered efficiency-focused operational management support for all aspects of day-to-day operations of the Earth Terminal Complex (ETC), including personnel management, circuit actions, mission planning, project management, training, site maintenance, process improvement, quality control and trend analysis.
· Successfully led the four-month Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Program Evaluation (PE) project to an overall facility performance rating of Outstanding, effectively coordinating the efforts of 35 military and civilian personnel in the assessment, improvement and execution of 640 individual compliance tasks and required activities.
· Created first ever project management dashboard, identifying key metrics for reporting overall system status of the ETC, as well as implementing a robust trend analysis program that was recognized by DISA inspection personnel to be used worldwide.
· Increased overall facility efficiency and operational support capability to warfighters in the South West Asia (SWA) Theater of operations by incorporated Six Sigma methodologies and ITIL Service Operation principles.
Satellite Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Technician – Earth Terminal Complex (ETC), ITT Systems Division, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, October 2007 to May 2008
· Conducted operations and maintenance (O&M) for the dual AN/GSC-39 Earth Terminal Complex (ETC) and all associated systems, subsystems and components, in support of Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS) Standardized Tactical Entry Point (STEP) missions utilizing voice, video and data services throughout SWA.
· Provided operational support for Warfighter JNN TDMA/FDMA IP based Satellite Communications services throughout the Southwest Asia (SWA) Theater, as well as maintenance of the RHN Ku-band Antenna field.
· Awarded Performer of the Month for South West Asia (SWA), November, 2007 for conducting demand maintenance on a mission-critical piece of transmission equipment, restoring the AN/GSC-39 to full mission capability.
· Volunteered to take over Housing Representative Position, coordinating the efforts of several departments within ITT, focused solely on improving the quality of life for all personnel residing in off-post contractor housing. With country manager sponsorship, improvement efforts lead to procurement of new apartment building and major increase to quality of living for all ITT employees.
Senior Consultant to US Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM), Booz Allen Hamilton, Crystal City, VA, July 2006 to September 2007
· Provided US Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM) Deputy Division Chief for Joint Combat Capability Developer (JCCD), Net Enabled Command Capability (NECC) with defense analysis support in the areas of Implementation, Systems Engineering (SE), Information Assurance (IA), Logistics, Training, Configuration Management (CM), Help Desk and Architecture.
· Authored initial draft of NECC Technical Operations Architecture document, along with creating Joint Technical Operations Control Capability (JTOCC) concept framework for NECC service desk support.
· Conducted in-depth briefings on key programmatic issues regarding deployment of new capabilities through the Enterprise Node/Local Node concept, Push/Pull methodology, Disconnected/Intermittent/Limited (DIL) communication environment constraints and logistical supportability.
· Presented the ITIL V3 framework to key Program Management personnel for implementation into the NECC Architecture.
· Assisted JCCD personnel with requirements identification and process mapping for the migration of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) to NECC.
Tactical/Strategic Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Support Operations, United States Army (Active Duty), Highest Rank – Staff Sergeant (E-6), Stations - Various Locations Worldwide, MOS – 25S, August 2000 to July 2006
· Liaison Officer: Responsible for deploying to Strategic Tactical Entry Point (STEP) facilities, identifying and correcting any network programming errors prior to deployed force mission execution. Coordinated over 20 successful 93rd Signal Brigade GMF missions, including Panama, Nicaragua, El Salvador and the Dominican Republic. Assigned as primary LNO for all communications assets on ground during Hurricane Katrina, successfully working in six deployed packages, each providing NIPR, SIPR, REDCOM T1, Long Local and DSN phone lines for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other disaster relief organizations. Increased mission success and effectiveness for the Brigade by 60 percent.
· Platoon Sergeant: Managed daily operations of 27 soldiers, seven sections and over $3 million of equipment. Daily tracking of all administrative functions, missions, training and military schooling of 90 soldiers throughout company. Solely responsible for conducting monthly 100% drug testing, quarterly Equal Opportunity (EO), Non-Commissioned Officer Professional Development (NCOPD) and Alcohol/Drug Abuse training, maintaining unit readiness at all times.
· Team Chief/Section Sergeant: Supervised and trained 12 soldiers on operation, maintenance and employment of all platoon tactical satellite assets. Managed mission deployment of two 93C+ and two 85 C+ tactical satellite systems and support infrastructure. Deployed to Honduras as a Team Chief of a 93C+ tactical system in support of Joint Task Force (JTF) Orengo, New Horizons 2004.
· Shift Supervisor: Responsible for AN/GSC-52 Earth Terminal (ET) daily operations, Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) and link monitoring. Supervised and instructed three soldiers on theory of operation for equipment in excess of $15 million. Conducted monthly counseling and career development sessions for all assigned team members.
Federal Chief Information Officer (CIO) Certificate, General Services Administration (GSA), Washington, DC, 2011
Writing & Managing Federal Proposals, Shipley Associates, Dulles, VA, 2009
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 Foundations, Diyar United, Kuwait City, Kuwait, 2008
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, ExpertRatings.com, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, 2008
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.