PhD aerospace engineer with extensive NDT and automotive industry experience
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
01/2010 – 05/2013 (expected) PhD in Engineering, Cardiff University, UK
· Developed prototype of power transmission system which uses ultrasonic waves travelling through aircraft skin in order to power wireless structural health monitoring sensors on wings.
· Project specification and sponsorship by Airbus UK and Cardiff University, evolved from power source requirements for sensor nodes in SHeMS project.
· Experience in: definition of system architecture based on experimental and theoretical findings, choice of optimally performing components, AC electric power measurement in the kHz frequency range using digital equipment, characterisation of piezoelectric transducers, data processing and circuit simulation using Matlab, ultrasonic wave imaging using scanning laser vibrometer, academic writing and presentation, liaising with industrial partner.
05/2004 – 09/2007 and
10/2008 – 01/2010 Product Engineer, Delphi Automotive, Krakow, Poland
· Managed development of shock absorber internal components in a major customer programme (BMW X5, X6). Cooperated with suppliers of these components. Devised and executed testing plans for prototype parts. Coordinated timely introduction of this project into mass production achieving required low reject rate.
· Liaised with engineers of customer companies throughout product development.
· Led project teams dealing with supplier changes and product redesign. Supervised work of laboratory technicians and production plant workers during trial production runs.
· Experience in specification, design, testing, materials and manufacturing processes of shock absorber valves, damper oil, moulded rubber oil seals, sliding bearings, sintered metal components, PTFE components, coil springs.
06/2008 – 02/2009 Consultant Engineer, Paramata, Cambridge, UK
· Advised start-up company on aerospace applications of their innovative non-destructive composite material testing technology and engineering-specific aspects of product development. Carried out market analysis and patent search. Identified strengths and weaknesses of the technology.
10/2007 – 07/2008 MPhil in Micro- and Nanotechnology Enterprise, University of Cambridge, UK
· Modules in: MEMS, nanotechnology, biotechnology, management, start-up company operation.
· Thesis: Analysis of energy dissipation mechanisms in vibrating MEMS devices. Compiled a large set of published experimental data and results of Simulink model in order to highlight directions of development needing further attention.
10/1998 – 04/2004 MSc Mechanical Engineering and Machine Building,
specialising in aerospace engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
· Thesis: Used PATRAN / NASTRAN software to model heat exchange in thrust vectoring assembly of spacecraft ion engine and proposed design which prevented overheating.
04/2003 – 09/2003 NUPACE exchange programme student, Nagoya University, Japan
· Completed courses in Japanese language and Japanese studies. Attended lectures in production methodologies given by speakers from Toyota, Yamaha and Denso.
10/2002 – 01/2003 ERASMUS exchange student, Kingston University, UK
· Completed final year project of the BSc in Aerospace Engineering course: created a preliminary design of an embedded micromechanical system for thrust vector control in an ion thruster. Supervised by dr. Chris Welch and Nicolas Leveque.
SELECTED UNIVERSITY PROJECTS AND INTERNSHIPS
12/2007 – 03/2008 Cambridge i-Teams project
· With a team of students defined applications for a CMOS aerodynamic shear stress sensor invented at Cambridge University. Carried out market research, contacted multiple companies in the aerospace and automotive sectors.
03/2002 – 08/2002 Design project and internship at Space Research Centre, Warsaw
· Designed mechanical ground support equipment for assembly of Planck spacecraft High Frequency Instrument.
· Shadowed engineers who developed penetrator device for Rosetta lander and Fourier spectrometers for Mars and Venus Express. Learned about typical challenges of design for vacuum environment. Prepared literature search report on reaction wheel designs.
· A. Kural, R. Pullin, K. Holford, J. Lees, J. Naylon, C. Paget, and C. Featherston, “Design and Characterization of an Ultrasonic Lamb Wave Power Delivery System,” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 2013.
· R. Pullin, M. J. Eaton, M. R. Pearson, C. Featherston, J. Lees, J. Naylon, A. Kural, D. J. Simpson, and K. Holford, “On the Development of a Damage Detection System using Macro-fibre Composite Sensors,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 382, p. 012049, Aug. 2012.
· A. Kural, N. Leveque, C. Welch, and P. Wolanski, “Design of an ion thruster movable grid thrust vectoring system,” Acta Astronautica, vol. 55, no. 3–9, pp. 421–432, Aug. 2004.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND ACCREDITATION
· IMechE Chartered Engineer – expected (interview attended in April 2013)
· Shainin Red X Apprentice - certificate in engineering problem solving methodology
· Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing according to ASME 14.5
· Programming in Matlab and Excel VBA
· LISA finite difference method ultrasound simulation software
· Unigraphics, PATRAN/NASTRAN, Mathcad (used for dissertation work at Warsaw)
· Native Polish, fluent English and German, basic Japanese
· Snowboarding, rowing, hiking, travel, live music
References available on request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.