OBJECTVE: Senior Scientist, Program Manager, Product Development Specialist, Production Engineer,, where demonstrated strengths in the areas of process development, new idea conceptualization/commercialization, engineering design, strategic planning, problem solving, analytical and communication skills contribute to new product development.
BACKGROUND SUMMARY: Product development specialist with extensive composite background (urethane, epoxy and vinyl ester) Experience in product development for exterior housing trim, foam thermal protection for the Shuttle External Tank, automotive RIM, and industrial and automotive composites and resin applications. Chemical industry experience with emphasis in Research & Development of new polymer systems and applications development as follows:
Boral Industries Inc.
* Led development team from concept to commercialization of new composite trim board
* Developed formulation startup chemistry based on renewable source raw materials
* Developed and converted production to petroleum based system to mitigate supplier risk,
reduce raw material costs, and increase productivity by 25%
* Modified chemistry to improved line speed productivity by 50% after startup
* Qualified product performance thru industry standard testing (i.e. NAHB, FR, ect)
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
* Shuttle foam insulation process engineer (minimize void formation and foam loss)
* Preparation of Test Plans for foam chemistry and process studies for shuttle ET
* Preparation of work instruction (Travelers) for test article fabrication (bipod, PAL ramps)
* Technical Sub-committee rep for new foam development and new materials qualification
* Conducted Test Plans to investigate ET foam chemical or application issues
The Dow Chemical Company
* FULCRUM Licensee Technical Manager
* Composite Manufacturing Expertise, RTM, VARTM, RIM, SRIM, Pultrusion
* Composite process optimization and process scrap reduction
* Industrial, Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial and Composite fabrication expertise
* Materials expertise with epoxy and urethane carbon fiber, glass, and Kevlar composites
* Conceptual Statistical Experimental Designs and process simulation and optimization
* Fault Tree and Root Cause Analysis facilitation
*Urethane Department Environmental Manager
* Green Belt Certification
* Boral- Developed new urethane chemistry for fly ash / fiberglass composite trim board and optimized chemistry and process development to commercialization Salisbury, NC ($350 MM New Sales)
* Lockheed Martin-Return to Flight- Led investigation of the effects of shelf life on loss of reactivity and its effects on loss of foam to substrate adhesion and mechanical properties
* Process improvements to make FULCRUM (thermoplastic pultrusion) process economically viable thru enhanced tooling design / product design concepts (98% reduction of scrap rate).
* Led a Dow international team to develop a high productivity epoxy vinyl ester resin for pultrusion applications to increase productivity by 50% (US and Europe new sales $10MM)
* Developed an epoxy pultrusion system using DOE statistical design techniques (capturing ~5 million pounds of new business).
* Developed RIM internal mold release systems and filler reinforcements through effective design experimentation and successful facilitation of internal and customer field trails. (~25 percent increase in productivity and ~ 40 percent increase in market share (~$50 million)
* Granted 5 patents, ~5 industry composite publications, ~15 conference technical
Presentations, 50+ Technical R&D Reports
* Boral Industries Inc. (2010-2012)
Senior Scientist: Trim board program technology development
* Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (2004-2010)
Senior Process Engineer: Development of test plans and documentation to fabricate test articles for the evaluation of new spray foam insulation systems and equipment.
* The Dow Chemical Company, (1974-2003)
Production Engineer: Production scheduling, product quality control, process optimization, materials management oversight, (2002 - 2003)
FULCRUM* Licensee Technical Manager: Responsible for FULCRUM technology, prototype design, equipment recommendations, and line installation. (2000 - 2002)
Pultrusion Research Leader, Global development of new resins, tech service and Dow representative to composites industry, EPA and EH&S (1993 - 2000)
RTM & Pultrusion Engineer: Tech service for RTM, VARTM, filament winding for aerospace, military and industrial applications. (1992 - 2000)
Technical Service Engineer: RIM technology development or automotive industry (IMR, amine chain extender) RIM SPECTRIM* Polymers and filler technology. (1979 - 1992)
Development Chemist: Responsible for technical service and new product development for ethylene/propylene glycols, polyglycols, and ethylene amines applications. (1974 - 1979)
MBA, Marketing and Finance, University of Houston at Clear Lake, Houston, Texas
BS, Chemistry, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
Certified Aerospace Technician- Calhoun Community College
Jennifer Willson, Tech Dir. Boral Industries, Inc, San Antonio, TX
Russell Hill, New Technology VP., Boral Industries, Inc, San Antonio, TX
Scott Finnegan, NASA Engineer, Marshall Space Flight Center
Scotty Sparks, NASA Engineer, Marshall Space Flight Center
Mike Prince, NASA Manager, Marshall Space Flight Center
Guy McDougal, Jacobs Engineering, Marshall Space Flight Center
Richard Welch, Lockheed Martin, Marshall Space Flight Center
Elana McGregor, Lockheed Martin, Marshall Space Flight Center
John Sharpe, Lockheed Martin, Marshall Space Flight Center
Bob Goodwin, Lockheed Martin, Michould Operation
Trent Smith, NASA Engineer, Kennedy Space Center
Martha Williams, NASA Scientist, Kennedy Space Center
Eric Weiser, NASA Engineer, Langley Research Center
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.