Seasoned Telecom, Media & Technology professional with expertise in emerging markets, technical consultancy and strategic planning with 15 years of progressive responsibility at telecom companies worldwide. Technical expert in satellite as well as MPLS, DSL/Cable, wireless (3G/4G/LTE) technologies. Other areas of expertise: project management, leadership in executing projects from planning to completion, proposal evaluation from analysis of key financial ratios to selection through negotiation and comprehensive risk analysis. Strengths: fluency in French, proven engagement with clients and executive management, advanced analytical, organizational, data management and communication skills. M.Sc. Telecommunications & Systems Engineering and MBA Finance holder.
- Successfully led the Customer Solutions Engineering team in identifying customer needs, designing technical solutions and providing proposal evaluations and recommendations on major projects related to Satellite, managed fixed and mobile Broadband and Cloud Computing services
- Successfully managed multiple bids and proposal responses with dynamic priorities in collaboration with Finance, Legal, Sales, Business Development and Marketing to maximize win potential and close over $60 million in new revenues
- Led the RFP response team and the negotiation process to close more than $30 million in satellite and broadband services for the US Postal Service and public safety agencies
- Implemented strategies for various telecom services targeting specific market segments, notably in Africa
- Negotiated a $30 million deal for International Private Lines (IPL) to connect World Bank's Headquarters and 60 remote offices in Africa, Middle East and Latin America
- Secured a $15 million deal with African Virtual University (Kenya) to provide internet access to more than 30 universities in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Negotiated contracts with MTN and Celtel for the provision of satellite capacity for cellular services in Africa
- Nurtured strong relationships with existing customers, resulting in over 90% contract renewal rate
Spacenet Inc., McLean VA, Sep. 2007 - Present
Technical Sales & Marketing Manager
- Effectively provide and manage due diligence and consultancy, including risk and cost-benefit analysis to maximize win potential and close deals totaling over $60 million
- Serve as project lead and provide technical expertise and in-depth knowledge during development of major projects related to Telecom, Media &Technology
- Lead bid review meetings, including bid/no bid, and ensure win strategies are established and clearly conveyed in the submission
- Execute strategy meetings, define bid strategy and perform risk and competition analysis
- Evaluate clients’ needs and challenges; provide solution architecting, technical writing, proposal generation and project management
- Articulate overall value proposition and work with Product Line Management and Marketing to define product launch strategy
- Work with Finance to develop cost models and business cases to maximize win potential, demonstrate comprehensive ROI and IRR of proposed solutions
- Interact directly with clients around the world; lead corporate presentations
Intelsat, Washington DC, Apr. 1998 - Jan. 2007
Team Lead/Principal Sales Engineer, Customer Solutions Engineering, Jan. 2004 - Dec. 2006
- Evaluated the attractiveness of multi-million dollar telecom projects including projects related to Satellite, Broadband connectivity, Cellular networks and Media to ensure that they result in significant technology transfer with respect to the operations of the business
- Led meetings to identify/resolve problems and share information
- Worked closely with Business Development to identify and develop opportunities in Africa & Middle East
- Managed product launch including product development, go to market plan & support
- Provided broad and in- depth technical assistance to clients on a regular basis
- Managed the liaison between Product Management and Network Engineering to ensure design and testing of products meet product definition
- Prepared and effectively presented business cases to clients and Executive Management
Senior Sales Engineer, Sales Engineering, Apr. 2002 - Dec. 2003
Sales Engineer, Sales Engineering, Apr. 1998 - Mar. 2002
- Supported the Africa & Middle East sales team to prepare pre-qualified substantive bids and proposals to Increase customer base and revenues
- Developed innovative cost-effective solutions, which meet customers’ requirements and attract business, leading to increased revenues
- Provided high caliber pre and post-sales project consultancy to worldwide private and public telecom operators
- Advised Product Development in developing new services and product offerings based on competitive analysis
- Developed and delivered seminars in English and French to customers worldwide, specifically in Africa
The Public Telecommunications Company, Benin, Jan. 1996 - Apr. 1998
Earth Station Operational Engineer
- Evaluated technical proposals related to equipment procurement
- Led installation, testing, operations, and maintenance of satellite equipment and service resolution of technical issues
- Coordinated with engineering implementation plans for new products
- Master of Business Administration, Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School, Maryland, USA
- Master of Science Telecommunications & Systems Engineering, Ecole Spéciale de Mécanique et d’Électricité ESME-SUDRIA and ENST/Telecom Paris - Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications, Paris, France
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics, Ecole Spéciale de Mécanique et d’Électricité ESME-SUDRIA, Paris, France
- Languages: Fluent in English and French
- 15 Years of International Telecom, Media &Technology Experience:
- Project management related to telecom in emerging markets
- Broad and In-depth industry knowledge
- Extensive contact base within the telecom industry in Africa, Europe and North America
- Certificates: Negotiation Strategy, Leadership, Public Speaking Mastery (Dale Carnegie), Organizational Change, Project Management and Successful Executive Presentation, CEO Award for Exceptional Leadership, Executive Recognition for Exceptional Teamwork
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.