I am performing my job in avionics (latelyfor Airbus A350 aircraft and formerly for Agusta Westland EH101 helicopter). This sector is particular critic so that a great attention must be paid on doing things with great accuracy.
I have recently moved to Frankfurt (latest work wasfor Diehl Aerospace). I have worked for my former company for 10+ years and there I was mainly dealing with Agusta Westland EH101 helicopter software; during this time I also got a second university degree. Before I had a 2 years experience doing software for a bank and a few months experience as a mechanical engineer.
I always try to perform my job as best as possible, not only because is my duty but because I want people dealing with me to be pleased with myself and with the job I do. This is why, even though my job experience is essentially in sw, I don`t mind to face the difficulties of a completely new kind of job: motivations for a job I like and knowledge I got during university and some years of work, are strong starting points to perform well in any kind of job I am interested in.
I have good team working and communication skills and a proactive approach in problem solving; I am flexible with an analytical approach to problems and a great attention to details. I am able to identify critical issues and I have good organizational skills as well as high motivations.
ADA (6 years), C/C++ (3 years), Pascal (2 years)
Fortran and Matlab (knowledge of Simulink).
Windows (3.11, 95, NT, 98, ME, 2000, XP, 7)
DOS and Linux.
Word, Excel and text editors (Ultraedit, Notepad+); Source safe
Knowledge of hardware of personal computers
3D Studio 4 (three-dimensional graphics and animation)
Oracle (SQL, Discoverer), DOORS, Clearcase, Clearquest, Rapsody.
Requirements analysis and implementation
Use of oscilloscope
Experience on dealing with small mechanical plants
Experience in working in scaffolding (during university)
Experience in working on small motorbikes motors
NASTRAN (Finite Elements Method);
QUCS (Quite Universal Circuit Simulator)
Autocad 2013, GBG DM (Computer Aided Design)
Knowledge of stock exchange and some techniques and methodologies of trading (margin trading, spread trading, short selling, options on eurostoxx 50)
Fluent in reading, writing and speaking (TOEFL Computer Based Test; Date: 01.03.2002; Score: 217)
Good in reading, basic in writing and speaking
Basic in reading, writing and speaking (A2)
Basic in reading, writing and speaking
I can read and write simple sentences (but not understand)
Date Organisation Position
From November 2013to current date Aventon Deutschland Software engineer
From April 2001 November 2013 TXT e-Solutions Spa Software engineer
From Nov. 1998 to March 2001 Etnoteam Spa Software Developer
From Sept. 1997 to October 1997 Vitali Spa Junior Mechanical Engineer
From April 1996 to August 1996 Politecnico di Milano
Dep. of aerospace eng. Continuing thesis
From November 2013 to current date
Aventon Deutschland, Erika-Mann-Str. 64 München, Germany
IT (embedded software, avionics)
From November 2013 to current date (Avionics), Diehl Aerospace, Frankfurt:
Working on CRDC (Common Remote Data Concentrator) DSP of Airbus A350.
· PR’s analysis, solving and testing on the bench
· Analysis, verification, reworking and validation of sw and design (level A) in view of CFAR certification.
From April 2001 to November 2013
TXT e-solutions, Via Frigia, Milan, Italy
IT (embedded software, avionics)
· Analyzing software requirements providing an estimate to the client.
· Preparing environment to design, develop and compile produced software.
· Software components designing and developing even with the aid of custom tools (for example Artisan which is an integrated environment to manage high and low level project design and developing for complex mission-critical systems and software engineering).
· Providing to the customer evidence of possible incorrect requirements so that they can be promptly discussed and corrected.
· Components porting from different projects.
· Components maintenance and updating based on customer ECRs (Engineering Change Request) and/or PRs (Problem Report).
· Providing ECRs and/or PRs estimate.
· Analyzing PRs to identify and locate the problem (software, requirements or both) and, in case of a software problem, providing a solution.
· Providing support and attending meetings at customer’s headquarter when needed.
· Supervising component testing providing support for requirements analysis and debugging.
· Managing of software deliveries using a source control system (VSS).
· Checking of automatically generated documentation.
· Providing continuous feedback to the client about the work in progress.
From 2003 (Avionics):
· Designing/porting and developing the following onboard computer software components (ADA language).
On Agusta EH101 Helicopter, AMI (Aeronautica Militare Italiana) version:
HDTS (Helmet Display and Tracking System)
FLIR (Forward Looking Infra Red)
SATCOM (Satellite Communications)
On Aermacchi M346, advanced fighter trainer:
Weapon operation manager
On Agusta EH101, MCSP (Merlin Capability Sustainment Program) version:
HF (High frequency radio)
On Agusta EH101, Algeria, India, US101 versions
· From 15-10-2011 to 14-09-2012:
I spent a period of 11 months off from job, during which I visited Australia and Asia also with the intention of improving my English language skills and beginning to study an Asiatic language (Thai ).
· Testing of a car card devoted to manage seats belt leds display; test was conducted in a LIN net and timings verified by means of an oscilloscope (Automotive).
· Test documentation writing and translation from c to ADA of a program computing the magnetic variation of the Earth.
· On Agusta EH101, Marina Militare Italiana, RAF and Canada versions:
Porting, developing, testing, bugs resolving and documentation writing of a tool computing the helicopter performances (Delphi language); developing of onboard computer software components (Perspective Pascal language).
· working in a research project regarding movement and control of a surveillance radar antenna (Gabbiano). The software (C++ language) had to control movement and position of the radar antenna commanding two motors one for elevation and one for azimuth. Control was realized with a PID controller.
From 2001 to 2003 (Automotive):
· Porting and developing of automotive embedded software in language c, using a microchip of ST10 family (ST10F269, ST10F280).
The firmware developed was for testing ECUs (Electronic control unit) when coming from production line, before being installed on cars: test implemented were EOL and Burnin.
Implementation and porting were regarding microchip, customs, communication line (serial, SPI) initialization and use, mapping of signals and implementation of procedures to test them.
Realization in C++ language of a program to download the sw produced into the ECU chip.
From November 1998 to March 2001
Etnoteam, Milan, Italy
Employed as consultant in a bank project; my job was the maintenance and realization of services in C++ language and queries by means of an Oracle tool (Discoverer) as well as to provide support to the branches end users.
Meantime I have occasionally worked as collaborator of university doing a dynamic analysis with Nastran for an Aerospace firm.
From September 1997 to October 1997
Vitali, Lecco, Italy
Small mechanical plants
Employed for two months in a firm working in mechanical field where I carried out tests and verifications of a small plant.
From April 1996 to August 1996
Politecnico di Milano - Department of aerospace engineering
Continued thesis work realizing a program in fortran implementing a flexible model of Tether.
Before April 1996
Short discontinuous jobs during university (scaffholding).
v Laurea (first level degree, 3 years degree, Bachelor) in Physics. October 2011
Università Statale di Milano - faculty of Physics Milano - Italy
Title of thesis:
Advanced modelling of coherent polarimeters for cosmic microwave background polarisation measurements.
Subject of thesis:
Design, implementation and validation of some components used for a polarimeter which aims to measure the polarization of CMB (Cosmic Microwave Background).
v Laurea (second level degree, 5 years degree, master) in Aeronautical Engineering (Aerospace Systems). April 1996
Politecnico di Milano – University of Milano - Italy
Title of thesis:
Gravity controlled spinning space station.
Subject of thesis:
Generation, and control by means of floating masses, of the artificial gravity in a space station realized with a Tether system.
Publication derived from thesis work:
Colombo A, Ercoli-Finzi A., and Gilardi G., 1996, "On a Rotating Tethered Space Station Stability and Control", 3rd International Conference on Motion and Vibration Control (MOVIC), Chiba, Japan.
Spending time with family
Driving license: A, B
Attending some MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) about topics of my own personal interest; I have already concluded the following:
Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life, University of Edinburgh (certificate with distinction),
Global Sustainable Energy: Past, Present and Future, University of Florida (certificate with distinction),
Introduction to Psychology, University of Toronto (certificate with distinction),
Epigenetic Control of Gene Expression, The University of Melbourne (certificate with distinction),
Calculus Two: Sequences and Series, The Ohio State University (certificate),
Nanotechnology: The Basics, Rice University (certificate with distinction),
Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy, University of Rochester (certificate with distinction),
Hypersonics - from shock waves to scramjets, Centre for Hypersonics, The University of Queensland (Honor code certificate, score: 96%)
While working in Italy I had a NOS (Nulla Osta Segretezza) security clearance.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.