I have recently returned from Afghanistan where I was deployed with the British Army. As a Territorial Army officer I have been attached to the 1st Battalion Scots Guards since May 2012 for a period of 12 months mobilised service. I now intend to permanently move to the Bristol/Bath area from mid-June 2013. Prior to my deployment I worked for a leading technology company as a Project Engineer, developing high quality custom imaging sensors. I have a first class degree in Physics from University College London.
While deployed in Afghanistan I was the Plans Officer for a Ground Holding Company in the Upper Gereshk Valley. I had an active role in planning complex intelligence led operations, working to develop detailed coordinating instructions and liaising with higher formations and multi-national partners. I was responsible for developing the proposals required to bid for and justify the use of limited higher level resources to produce the required effect. In addition I have run current operations, coordinating the response to complex incidents across a large area of operations.
While working at e2v as a Project Engineer, I was part of a Project Delivery Team aiming to develop test methods and technical documentation for a number of key imaging sensors, specifically for Earth Observation Satellites. I worked closely with internal and external customers to help achieve goals within strict time lines. This role helped me to develop data analysis skills, and apply myself to practical science and engineering tasks to achieve a high standard of results within a team.
I believe my technical and practical knowledge would be useful to your organisation as well as my academic and military experience. I would like to discuss any potential opportunities you think I would be suitable for.
I am a physics graduate with recent operational experience in the British Army where I was responsible for planning complex operations within a difficult and challenging environment.
I have previously worked for a leading technology company where I helped to define and develop suitable test methods and documentation for new technology, according to specific customer requirements. I am now seeking to further my career and to continue to learn and develop.
Plans Officer at 1st Battalion Scots Guards, British Army
May 2012 - May 2013
Full time service as a mobilised reservist with the British Army; including a 6 month operational tour of duty as part of Operation HERRICK 17 to Helmand Province, Afghanistan. This role as a Company Plans Officer involved:
- Planning complex intelligence led operations using formal military planning tools. This required regular liaison with other subject matter experts as well as discussion with multi-national partners.
- Responsibility for developing the proposals required to justify the use of limited higher level assets.
- Running current operations; coordinating the response to incidents and deploying additional forces where necessary. Managing the involvement of other units to provide support.
Project Engineer at e2v technologies plc
December 2010 - May 2012
A Project Engineer is a vital part of a Project Delivery Team and forms a bridge across multiple teams and disciplines. I have worked to strict schedules to supply high quality CCD imaging sensors to international customers. As a Project Engineer I have been involved in a wide range of engineering tasks and involved in solving hands on technical challenges to achieve the best results from cutting edge custom technology. This role involved:
- The development and definition of test methods throughout the characterisation, testing and validation stages of a project.
- Developing deliverable test documentation with the appropriate style and detail for the audience.
- Independent problem solving for day-to-day technical issues encountered in projects. Working as part of the Project Delivery Team to overcome any significant challenges.
- Analysing and presenting large volumes of data for internal and external customers.
Reserve Infantry Officer and Temporary Equerry to HRH, The Earl of Wessex.
The London Regiment, Territorial Army
August 2006 - Present (Part time)
As a reserve infantry officer I currently hold the rank of Lieutenant. I am responsible for the continual training and development of the soldiers under my command. This role involves:
- Team leadership, management and training with limited resources.
- Teaching complex ideas to people with a wide range of backgrounds.
- Communicating effectively with superiors and subordinates.
Temporary Equerry. I am a temporary equerry to HRH, The Earl of Wessex and support his role as Royal Honorary Colonel of The London Regiment. I fulfil duties as a personal attendant to HRH at military events to represent my regiment.
Education & Qualification
Physics BSc (Hons), First. University College London
2007 – 2010
- Group Project. I was the project manager for a three month final year research project. I led the team to develop the projects aims and definition from a stated title. This task allowed me to gain experience of small team management in a research environment and work with colleagues to solve problems.
- Experimental Physics. Practical application of theoretical knowledge and data analysis techniques. Included an introduction to basic MATLAB.
- Core modules including: Solid State Physics, Lasers and Modern Optics, Electromagnetic Theory, Environmental Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Thermodynamics, Mathematical methods, Communications Skills.
Accredited Level 5 certificate in Management and Leadership, Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Accredited award for completing the Territorial Army Commissioning Course (TACC) at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. The TACC is the culmination of two years of practical leadership training to become a Territorial Army Officer.
Hendon School, London
1999 - 2006
A Levels: Physics (B), Maths (B), Music (C), Music Technology AS (C), Philosophy AS (E).
GCSEs: 10 passes (5 at grade A) including: English Literature and Language, ICT, Maths, Science (double award).
- Institute of Physics, Associate member, 1110043
- Chartered Management Institute, Learner, 4218080
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.