Conscientious, versatile researcher with 6+ years experience in laboratory and scientific settings. Exceptional technology skills combined with proven ability to successfully implement and oversee complex projects. Outstanding conflict resolution abilities . Expert at implementing processes that improve efficiency.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Laboratory & Scientific Research ● Solar Corona Expertise ● Thermodynamics ● Software Developer ● Contributing Writer ● Leadership Skills ● Organizational Management ● Collaboration Skills
DAVID KIMBLE ILLUSTRATION, Marfa, TX
Procurement and IT, Nov 2012-Present
• Researched supply and sources for best price and quality.
• Placed orders for and arranged shipping for supplies to ensure consistent stocks.
Researched new equipment and materials as they were needed to keep abreast of newly available technologies and to replace products no longer available .
• Provided advice and support for computer/telecommunication and other technology.
SOLAR LAB, PHYSICS DEPARTMENT, University of Memphis
Valuable member to department specializing in solar coronal phenomena. Developed new software leading to improvements in lab analysis and recording. Team leader and trainer of students.
Researcher, May 2011-May 2012
• Developed new IDL language based software for use in a variety of analysis and structure modeling, including Differential Emission Measure generation using chi-squared minimization and recursive forward folding; Emission Measure Loci generation; heating event propagation simulation and magnetic field-line extrapolation.
• Published and presented at the American Astronomical Society and American Geophysical Union.
• Led transition from antiquated Pentium 3 generation computer system to Macintosh - installed analysis environment and software suite on new computer system and modified existing software by fully rewriting environmental scripts to Unix like format.
• Trained lab staff in use of new software and pre-existing analysis routines.
• Supervised and trained students while managing their individual projects to completion for publication.
Student Researcher, Jan 2007-May 2011
• Developed custom software in IDL to perform lab analysis.
• Investigated thermal characteristics of magnetic loops and other solar coronal structures.
• Attended industry conferences, presented posters and coauthored several papers.
• Participated in Starlight Program, a NASA funded educational program focused on educating middle school students about solar spectroscopy.
MCI, Memphis, TN
Teletype Relay Operator, Oct 2004-Jun 2005
• Transcribed phone calls in real time for the deaf and hard of hearing.
• University of Memphis, Memphis TN, Master of Science, Physics, 2011
• University of Memphis, Memphis TN, Bachelor of Science, Physics, 2008
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Angelo State University, research electron capture cross spectra using low energy linear accelerator and superconductor (YBCO type) materials, 1994-1996
• University of Memphis, Math & Science Tutor, 2008-2011
• Marfa High School, Class Valedictorian, 1994 (age 16)
• Marfa Jr. High School, Math & Science Tutor, 1989-1992
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
• Are Coronal Loops Isothermal or Multithermal?: Schmelz, J.T., Nasraoui, K., Rightmire, L.A., Kimble, J.A., Del Zanna, G., Cirtain, J.W., DeLuca, E.E., Mason, H.E. (2009), Astrophysical Journal, 691, 503-515
• AIA Multithermal Loop Analysis: First Results: Schmelz, J.T., Kimble, J.A., Jenkins, B.S., Worley, B.T., Anderson, D.J., Pathak, S., Saar, S.H. (2010), Astrophysical Journal, 725, L34-L37
• Isothermal and Multithermal Analysis of Coronal Loops Observed with AIA: Schmelz, J.T., Jenkins, B.S., Worley, B.T., Anderson, D.J., Pathak, S., Kimble, J.A. (2011), Astrophysical Journal, 731, 49
• Warm and Fuzzy: Temperature and Density Analysis of an Fe XV EIS Loop: Schmelz, J.T., Rightmire, L.A., Saar, S.H., Kimble, J.A., Worley, B.T. (2011), Astrophysical Journal, 738, 146
• Isothermal and Multithermal Analysis of Coronal Loops Observed with AIA: II. 211-Selected Loops: Schmelz, J.T., Worley, B.T., Anderson, D.J., Pathak, S., Kimble, J.A., Jenkins, B.S., Saar, S.H. (2011), Astrophysical Journal, 739, 33
• Bright Points: A Test of Rosner-Tucker-Vaiana Scaling Laws for Coronal Loops: Schmelz, J.T., Kimble, J.A., Pathak, S., Winebarger, A.R., Golub, L., Jenkins, B.S., Worley, B.T. (2012), Astrophysical Journal
• Atmospheric Imaging Assembly Response Functions: Insights and Updates from Hinode EIS Bright Point Data: Schmelz, J.T., Jenkins, B.S., Kimble, J.A. (2012), Astrophysical Journal
• Deriving Plasma Densities and Elemental Abundances from SERTS Differential Emission Measure Analysis: Schmelz, J.T., Kimble, J.A., Saba, J.L.R. (2012), Astrophysical Journal
NON-REFEREED PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
• Coronal Loops: Isothermal or Multithermal? Kimble, J.A., Schmelz, J.T., Nasraoui, K., Cirtain, J.W., Del Zanna, G., DeLuca, E.E., Mason, H.E. (2007), Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, 39, 207
• Are Coronal Loops Isothermal Or Multithermal? Yes! Schmelz, J.T., Nasraoui, K., Rightmire, L.A., Garst, J.W., Kimble, J.A., Cirtain, J.W., DeLuca, E.E., Del Zanna, G., Mason, H.E. (2007), Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, 39, 222
• Thermal Analysis of CDS Coronal Loops: Kimble, J.A., Schmelz, J.T., Nasraoui, K., Rightmire, L.A., Andrews, J.M., Cirtain, J.W. (2008), EOS, 87, SP31C-03
• Cross-calibration Of EIS And XRT Using Coronal Bright Points: Kimble, J. & Schmelz, J.T. (2011), Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, 43
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.