SUMMARY OF SKILLS
· 20 years of progressive experience and substantial knowledge in Earth Station operations and engineering, including troubleshooting, testing, maintenance and monitor and control (M&C) of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) equipment, including a wide array of associated systems and subsystems.
· Experience includesoperations in frequency bands: L, S, C, X, Ku and Ka, space segment link budget calculations, G/T analysis, EIRP parameters, Modulation and coding schemes, bandwidth management and antenna theory and design.
· Responsible for frequent interactions with key personnel, both internal and external to my organization, as a SATCOM subject matter expert.
· Operation and maintenance of SATCOM associated equipment to include: FDMA Phase Shift Keying (PSK) and Spread Spectrum Modem systems, Frequency up/down Converters, Transmitter Systems (SSPA, KPA and TWT), Satellite Tracking Systems, Fiber-optic Modems, Lucent and Siemens network Switches, Atomic Timing Sources, Low Noise Amplification Systems (LNA/LNB), NSA approved encryption devices: KIV-7/19 and 19A, KG-81/84/94/194 and 95's, Power splitters and combiners as well as Earth Terminal Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems.
· Operation and programming of various RF and digital test equipment to include: Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Network Analyzers, RF Power Meters, FIREBERD Test Sets, Oscilloscopes and other test equipment associated with Satellite Communications operations.
· Responsible for local and regional training of personnel on operations and maintenance of Satellite Communications, Encryption, Multiplexing and Switch systems and sub-systems.
· Thoroughly familiar with Microsoft Office software applications(e.g. Word, Excel, Power point)
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Currently possess a Secret Security Clearance as well as an inactive Top Secret Security Clearance.
Site Supervisor, Satellite Communications
Rockwell Collins Inc., Kandahar, Afghanistan
· Responsible for operations and maintenance of Ku and Ka band Heavy Earth Terminals as well as engineering and monitoring of new and existing satellite communications links.
· Responsibilities include theinstallation and upgrading of Earth Terminal equipment, quality control checks of personnel and equipment and compiling systems and network statistics for reports.
· Responsibilities include training of local and regional personnel on operations and maintenance of all satellite communications systems and sub-systems on several satellite networks.
Technician, Satellite Communications and Promina
EMW Incorporated, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
· Responsible for Operations and maintenance of Satellite Communications, SONET and Promina equipment in support of NATO Peacekeeping mission in Bosnia.
· Duties also included operations, installation and configuration of SATCOM Earth Terminals at remote camps throughout the country.
Asst. Site Manager, Satellite Communications
DynCorp DSS, Manta, Ecuador
· Managed the planning, maintenance and operations of Satellite Communications and Promina equipment in support of US forces in Columbia.
· Duties included working with various military and civilian personnel in a multi-national setting to ensure 100% availability to customer.
· Responsible for technical coordination with the Director of Telecommunications for the installation, testing and documentation of SATCOM network requirements.
Specialist, Satellite Communications and NET Promina
Apr 02-Nov 02
Signal Corporation, Sierra Vista, Arizona
· Responsible for installation, testing and implementation of new Promina circuits and trunks into existing Satellite communications infrastructures at various military and government installations throughout the world.
Senior Technician, Satellite Communications and Switch Network
May 01-Apr 02
Spacelink Intl., Kosovo, Yugoslavia
· Responsible for Operation and Maintenance of DISA and NATO Satellite Communications and switch networks.
· Responsibilities include 24-hour O&M of Satellite Communications Network and all associated systems.
· Charged with Node Side Coordination and Management of multiple DISA Promina nodes in support of NATO operations throughout the country.
Site Supervisor, Satellite Operations
Jul 00- May 01
Comquest Solutions Inc., Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
· Supervised operation and maintenance of Heavy Satellite Communications Earth Terminal.
· Responsibilities include 24 hour operation and maintenance as well as implementation and planning of circuits, physical and communications security, and training of local and regional personnel.
Senior Technician, Satellite Communications Operations
Jul 99- Jul00
Lockheed Martin Corporation, Incirlik, Turkey
· Supervised all operations and maintenance of Heavy Satellite Earth Terminal.
· Charged with maintaining and updating existing satellite operations instructions.
Senior Satellite Earth Terminal Operator/ Trainer
May 96- November 98
U.S.Army Space and Satellite Division, Ft. Huachuca, AZ
· Responsibilities included theinstallation and upgrading of Earth Terminal equipment, quality control checks of personnel and equipment and compiling systems and network statistics for reports.
· Administered trainingto all Satellite communications technicians on Satellite acquisition and tracking techniques, Modulation/Demodulation techniques, identification of and countering electronic jamming, special interest circuit implementation, network design, configuration and maintenance of SATCOM and associated systems and sub-systems.
Satellite Communications Systems Operator/ Maintainer
October 92- May 96
U.S.Army Space and Satellite Division, Okinawa, Japan
· Operated and Maintained Dual Footprint Heavy Satellite Earth Terminal for Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
· Duties included developing and updating RF specifications, base-band specifications, detailed block diagrams and overall system planning for planned as well as existing Earth Terminals.
· Responsible for identifying and reporting electronic jamming, encryption of circuits and consolidation of Tactical Satellite sites within limited bandwidth.
Certificate, DRSN(DefenseRed Switch Network) Operations and Maintenance, Raytheon, 2000
Certificate, NET Promina (IDNX) Node Side Management and Maintenance, DISA, 2001
Diploma, Strategic Multi-channel Satellite Communications Systems, U.S. Army Space and Satellite Division, 1994
Diploma, Dual Footprint Heavy Satellite Terminal Operations, U.S. Army Space and Satellite Division, 1995
Certificate, Satellite Communications Spread Spectrum Techniques and Logic circuitry, U.S. Army Space and Satellite Division, 1993
Diploma, Portland High School, 1990
Continuing Education (63 credit hours), Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.