Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL
Lead of Analysis Tool Development and General Engineer, 2010 - Present
• Lead developer and project administrator for the creation of an internal suite of analysis tools and high fidelity simulations utilized by the Sensors Engineering and Analysis team for performance analysis of all radar systems under the command of the MDA Sensors group.
• Served as a government liaison between MDA and the Software Engineering Directorate of the U. S. Army Aviation and Missile Research Development and Engineering Center to oversee the development of a closed area sensors analysis lab for the team to perform sensitive analysis tasks.
• Performed analysis tasks focusing on sensor performance during ballistic missile defense flight tests, ground tests, and carried out sensor simulations of operational sites during missile strike raid scenarios using high fidelity simulations and the team’s internally developed medium fidelity sensor models.
• Responsible for internal and external model verification and validation tasks focusing on sensor simulations, data analysis and data management algorithms.
Jacobs Technology, Inc., Marshall Spaceflight Center, Huntsville, AL
Propulsion Systems Engineer, 2008 - 2010
• Created and utilized physics based and probabilistic models as part of the Ares I System Integration Failure Analysis Team within the Vehicle Systems Analysis Branch to support Ascent Risk Assessment, Crew Safety and Reliability, Main Propulsion System, Safety and Mission Assurance, Upper Stage Engine, Upper Stage, and Vehicle Integration groups.
• Conducted probabilistic design analyses of high risk areas for the both the Ares I integrated vehicle and J-2X engine to evaluate the system design sensitivities, estimate the effects on vehicle performance through MATLAB based simulations and provide feedback to the designers through engineering reports, memos, and face to face meetings.
• Developed physics based models and simulations to validate and/or update the failure probabilities used for the Ares I loss of crew/loss of mission estimates to reduce risk.
• Provided support for vehicle integration through the evaluation of system component designs, risk analysis, identifying safety concerns, and providing recommendations for risk mitigation.
• Generated the master logic diagram of integrated system failures that may adversely affect the J-2X engine leading to a loss of mission or loss of crew event to catalog integrated system failures and ensure that all critical failures are being addressed.
• Served as the liaison between the J-2X project and System Integration Failure Analysis Team, interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines and NASA personnel.
Northern Arizona University Physics Department, Flagstaff, AZ
Laboratory Technician, 2005 - 2006
• Served as the teaching assistant for an upper level advanced laboratory class that taught students how to develop experiments, acquire data, analyze the data, and write journal articles.
• Researched, developed, constructed, and tested experimental setups to be used by students and factuality for research.
• Tested, fabricated, repaired, and calibrated the equipment needed to perform experiments.
• Coordinated with other departments for equipment use and or acquisition.
• Documented experimental procedures, background research, sample information, and equipment information.
Southern Ecology Management, Inc., Corpus Christi, TX Engineer, 2001 - 2006
• Supported senior engineers on a variety of civil and environmental engineering projects. This included such tasks as research, design, drafting (AutoCAD), modeling, data acquisition, analysis, and writing engineering documents.
• Completed hydrological, landfill, acoustical, and ground water modeling for permitting purposes.
• Provided on-site quality assurance/quality control for numerous civil engineering projects. This required gathering, maintaining, formatting, compiling, manipulating technical data, and engineering evaluation.
• Performed ground water evaluation, sampling, monitoring, and well installation.
• Conducted environmental site assessments, prepared site maps and P&ID drawings.
• Northern Arizona University, Bachelor of Science, Physics.
• Northern Arizona University, Bachelor of Science, Astronomy.
• University of Missouri, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering.
Hybrid Rocket Engine
• Designed and built from scratch an amateur hybrid rocket engine.
• Served as the lead designer and thus was involved in all aspects of the project from defining component and system requirements to construction, documentation and testing.
• Researched combustion, rocket propulsion elements, thermodynamics, ballistics, fluid mechanics, gas dynamics, mechanical design, materials, circuitry, instrumentation, computer modeling and simulation (CAD, FEA, and CFD).
High Vacuum Evaporator
• Completely rebuilt an old Kinney KSE-2A-M evaporator system used for the deposition of thin metal films.
• This required researching and assembling high vacuum valves and tubing, high voltage components, diffusion pumps, mechanical pumps, cooling systems, ion gauges, and thermocouples.
• Tested the system by using it to create and measure Josephson tunneling junctions. This required designing and machining the components necessary to create and test the junctions as well as develop and document the experimental procedures for students to follow in the future.
Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectrometry (EPR)
• Constructed an EPR spectrometer from the ground up for the NAU physics department.
• Responsible for testing and repairing old and donated components, as well as researching EPR theory, designing the microwave bridge circuit, construction, testing, and evaluating the overall sensitivity of the system.
• Acquired instrumentation, used LabVIEW to interface with the instruments and set up a data acquisition program for students to use in the future to easily and safely conduct EPR experiments.
• Learned how to make an HTc superconductor pellet from scratch.
• Designed and fabricated a test mount to be used inside a liquid nitrogen dewar for the HTc superconductor group.
• Developed the experimental procedure to deposit thin film conductive contacts on to the superconductor pellets and fabricated the necessary masks to align the contacts with the probes in the test mount.
Pulse-Ram Induction System
• Investigated, constructed, installed, and tested a pulse-ram induction system on a donated motorcycle engine.
• Evaluated fluid flow and finite acoustic wave propagation for all induction system designs.
• Performed gas dynamic simulations of proposed designs using Algor Finite Element Analysis software.
• Created a data acquisition program using LabVIEW and worked with the team to design and run tests to evaluate the performance of the engine.
• Engineer-in-Training, EIT
• FCC General Certification
• DAWIA SPRDE–SE Level II¬
Software: AutoCAD, CXSIM, COSMOSWorks, Fluent FloWizard, LabVIEW, Mac OS, MathCAD, MATLAB, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Pro/Engineer, ProductView, SolidWorks, Star-CCM+, Techplot, Windaq, Windows.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.