A Senior software developer/analyst with expertise in all phases of the complete Software Development Life Cycle, as well as proven success in implementing complex control systems and data analysis algorithms, who adapts quickly, thrives on technical challenges, takes ownership of development projects, and is proficient in many programming languages, development tools, and methodologies.
Highlights of Qualifications
> Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista, 7, XP, NT; Mac OS 9; SVR4 and BSD UNIX, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX; VAX VMS; RSX-11M; IBM OS/360; VRTX and VxWorks Real-Time Operating Systems
> Excellent analysis, design, development, and testing skills, with a focus on detail precision and overall system quality
> Excellent customer interface skills, including ability to effectively communicate complex technical subject-matter issues to programmers and, conversely, to communicate software system capabilities and constraints to scientific/technical end-users
> Excellent written and oral communication, documentation, and presentation skills in English, with limited skills in German, Spanish, and Japanese
Software Consultant, Self-employed, Crofton, MD 2008-Present
Developing proprietary software, studying Cybersecurity, and tutoring several other students in various Cybersecurity topics.
* Earned CompTIA Certifications for Network+ and Security+, and completed 11 college credits with 4.0 GPA
* Developed strategy game software in Visual Studio 2005, using C# .NET for Windows Forms applications
Senior Software Engineer, Wyle Information Systems, Inc., Silver Spring, MD 2006-2008
Developed software for shipboard data systems supporting Oceanographic and Fisheries Science research vessels operated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Marine and Aviation Operations.
* Developed scientific software in Visual Studio 2005, using C# .NET for Windows Forms applications, integrated with Oracle 10g SQL and PL/SQL
* Developed Operation Selector and Total Catch Weight modules for the Fisheries Scientific Computer System (FSCS)
* Developed and delivered Operation Event Logger and Event Log Builder utilities for FSCS support
Senior Software Engineer, Integral Systems, Inc., Lanham, MD 2001-2006
Provided software development for spacecraft test systems, customized from the Company’s EPOCH control system, for performing rigorous testing during construction and integration of NASA Earth Observing System (EOS) spacecraft, instrument, and support systems before and during launch, requiring more robust and capable software than for typical on-orbit operations.
* Developed and enhanced spacecraft command and data communications software using C and C-shell scripting in Sun Solaris environment, integrated with XML, Oracle 9i SQL, and STOL (Satellite Test and Operations Language)
* Provided critical on-site support during spacecraft integration testing at manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, and launch operations at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California for EOS Aura spacecraft
* Earned an Exceptional Performance Award from NASA for adding the unprecedented capability to automatically control and transmit commands and software uploads to spacecraft from multiple Automated Test Scripts running independently on distributed workstations, while maintaining systems and communication integrity, saving $10 million in spacecraft integration testing time
Development Engineer, DeJarnette Research Systems, Towson, MD 1999-2000
Developed and tested software for medical digital image archiving and communications systems.
* Developed and maintained software using Borland C++ and shell scripting and administered a UNIX test system
* Converted legacy code for RS-232 communications from C to C++ (ported from OS/2 platform to Windows NT), reducing development time and cost for the Company’s next generation system
* Developed a simple encryption utility for protecting Oracle password communication over Local Area Network
Software Engineer, Daedalian Systems Corp., Greenbelt, MD 1997-1998
Maintained and documented legacy software for communications satellite system.
* Maintained software in Borland C++ on IBM AIX and VRTX (Versatile Real-Time Executive) for the Command & Data Handling (C&DH) system of prototype spacecraft
* Corrected a memory problem that was causing the Command & Data Handling system to crash and reboot periodically
VP & Partner, Bierwerks, Inc., Odenton, MD 1994-1997
Purchased (with two partners) and managed a small specialty retail business with a delicatessen, restaurant, and liquor store.
* Developed relationships with new and existing customers
* Participated in Chamber of Commerce and other related business groups.
* Grew annual sales to $400,000 and added several new product lines
Project Systems Analyst, Allied Signal Aerospace Co., Columbia, MD 1984-1994
Developed software systems for NASA Spaceflight Tracking and Data Network (STDN) and Network Control Center at Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland.
* Supervised computer analysts to develop and implement software using C on Sun Solaris development system, targeted for execution on VRTX real-time operating system, integrated with NASMAC proprietary user interface and design tools
* Developed all software for the Antenna Control subsystem of the S-Band Tracking Processor System (STPS) used at tracking stations at Kennedy Space Center (KSC) and Bermuda STDN sites from servo feedback motion-control algorithms
* Led the software effort for the Tracking Data Acquisition subsystem of STPS
* Developed major software infrastructure and subsystems for the Telemetry and Communications Data System (TCDS)
* Earned an Outstanding Achievement Award from NASA for the timely and accurate development of software for recording digital science data at rates significantly higher than originally specified
* Provided critical on-site operational support for STPS and TCDS during Space Shuttle launch operations at KSC and Bermuda tracking stations
* Provided on-site integration, testing, and training for TCDS at KSC and Bermuda tracking stations
* Devised an innovative proposal for using 3-D graphics in user displays which was instrumental in the award of a contract from the Naval Academy’s satellite training facility
* Developed software modules in FORTRAN for data reception at the STDN Network Control Center
Member of the Technical Staff, Computer Sciences Corp., Silver Spring, MD 1981-1984
Provided software development and maintenance services for NASA at Goddard Space Flight Center.
* Maintained software in FORTRAN for the data communications system of the LANDSAT satellite project
* Developed data analysis software in FORTRAN using Fast Fourier Transform algorithm, and built and operated experimental apparatus for research into spacecraft instrumentation at the Laboratory for Extraterrestrial Physics
Research Analyst, Applied Research & Systems, Greenbelt, MD 1979-1981
Provided software development and research assistance at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
* Provided operational data analysis for the Ultraviolet Spectrometer and Polarimeter instrument of the Solar Maximum Mission research satellite using FORTRAN on RSX-11m operating system
* Developed FORTRAN software to implement scientific algorithms for time-series analysis of sunspot and climate data
* Credited as a Contributing Author in research on the effect of sunspot activity on the Earth’s climate
Research Assistant, University of Maryland Physics Department, College Park, MD 1975-1977
Provided research and teaching assistance for the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
* Provided research assistance for the High-Energy Physics Research Team at the University’s Electron Ring Accelerator Laboratory and at Stanford Linear Accelerator Center in Palo Alto, California
* Provided teaching assistance in University of Maryland Astronomy Program
Education and Training
Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, MD 2011-2012
Studied various topics in the Pathways to Cybersecurity program.
* Completed courses in Data Communications, Network Security, and Windows Server 2008 System Administration, earning 11 credits with GPA of 4.0
* Earned CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certifications
* Currently tutoring other students in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Mathematics
* Pursuing personal research into new programming tools and technologies for future use
Learning Tree International 2006 and 2007
* Completed course in C# .NET Programming, Reston, VA, April 2007
* Completed course in Object-Oriented Programming in C#, New York, NY, November 2006
University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD 1982
Undergraduate studies – Computer Science
* Completed courses in computer programming and data structures using Pascal and Assembly language, earning 9 credits with GPA of 4.0
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 1973-1976
Undergraduate studies – Physics, Astronomy, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
* Earned 92 credits with GPA of 3.6
* Appointed to English Honors program for Verbal and English Achievement test scores on Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
* Awarded 6 credits in History for perfect score on U.S. History Advanced Placement (AP) Examination
* Awarded Honor Scholarship in recognition of SAT scores, AP exam score, and High School achievements
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.