German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Institute for Planetary Research, Berlin
2013/03 - 2013/12: Research associate (Postdoc)
2009/01 - 2013/02: PhD student
2007/05 - 2008/12: Diploma student
- Operation, maintenance, and optimization of a robotic telescope in Chile
- Acquisition, reduction and analysis of large photometric data sets
- Implementation and optimization of a large software library
- Astronomy: more than 100 nights observing experience (including two nights at the ESO VLT and two successful AAOmega service proposals)
2009/01 - 2013/02: PhD in astronomy
Technische Universität Berlin
- Exoplanets: Ground-based transit surveys from Chile and Antarctica
- Analysis of stellar variability
- Quantitative comparison of Chile and Antarctica for transit search
(overall grade: "magna cum laude")
2002/10 - 2008/12: MSc (Diploma) in physics
Freie Universität Berlin
- Major: physics and astronomy; minor: IT
- One semester in Australia
(overall grade: very good, with distinction)
1992/08 - 2001/06: Abitur
(overall grade: 1.0, best achievable)
11 publications in refereed journals (three as a first author)
3 conference proceedings
18 presentations at international conference
German - Mother tongue
English - Fluent
Spanish - Beginner
Very good general programming skills, with attention to structure, documentation, and version management
Expert in IDL, experience with C, Java, php, sql, html, Mathematica
Profound knowledge of standard applications such as MS Office, Unix, Corel, LaTeX, etc.
Webmaster for several internet projects.
Participation in a high-quailty qualification initiative that accompanies the doctoral phase. This included 30 days of multidisciplinary training courses on topics such as project management, business administration, communication, or presentation skills.
Basic CAD skills
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.