Sex Male | Date of birth 08/10/1978 | Nationality Spanish
Space Systems Engineer
EPS-SG System Technical Requirement Coordinator
From Jan 2014- Present
CGI, Germany, as consultant at EUMETSAT
▪ Being responsible (Book Captain) of the EPS-SG System Requirements Document. Coordinating the evolution of the specification, ensuring coherence with respect to upper level (End Users), low levels (Ground and Space Segments, Payloads) and intra-System level (System Architecture, interfaces, Verification and Validation) during the life cycle of the Programme. Supporting Ground Segment, Space Segment and Payloads teams and reviews.
SW, RF, Electrical and System Engineer
From Oct 2002 – Dec 2013
SENER Ingeniería y Sistemas, Spain.
Space and Defence Sectors
SEOSAT/INGENIO Primary Payload (PP) System Engineer
▪ Acted as System Engineer, Technical Manager and AIV Management during phases C/D. Was responsible for the assessment and accomplishment ensuring of the instrument end-to-end performances, leading and coordinating the electrical, thermal, mechanical and optical disciplines and additionally acting as Electrical Engineer at Payload level. Managed AIV activities, including functional and environmental (thermal, mechanical, EMC) qualification of the payload. Deputised as Project Manager.
SEOSAT/INGENIO Primary Payload Electronics (PPE) Responsible
▪ Technically followed up and managed the development of the Primary Payload Electronics subsystem (Front-End electronics, Video Units, Instrument Control Unit, Focal Planes with detectors, Video Supply Units, harness, EGSE) by the subcontractor (Thales-Alenia Space). Achieved successful and timely delivery of this critical sub-system.
▪ Participated in the AIV (electrical, thermal, EMC, mechanical) of the PPE. Was responsible of the specification and development of the PP Thermal EGSE and of the procurement of the Platform Simulator.
Proba-3 Software System Engineer
▪ Derived Platform SW specifications (Basic Software, Application Software) from System specification. Participated in follow-up of SW contracts (Spacebel, GMV).
Bepi Colombo Software and Electrical Engineer
▪ Designed and developed the Simulator of the Antenna Pointing Mechanism to validate the Antenna Pointing Mechanism Electronics. This Simulator became recurrent for Solar Orbiter mission.
COMINT-Levante system: RF, SW and Integration Engineer
▪ Developed, integrated, validated and successfully delivered an electronic warfare (radio-goniometry) system. Was a key member of the team that successfully achieved the ISAT and OSAT campaigns.
RTEMS/LEON2 Development Platform Project Manager
▪Defined and ensured the accomplishment of objectives and schedule. In charge of managing the workload. Followed up the technical development of the project.
WIMAAS (Maritime Areas Surveillance using UAVs) SW Engineer and work package responsible
▪Took part in the specification, design and development of a System optimization engine through
genetics algorithms. Was responsible of Work Package.
UVAS (Ultraviolet Atmospheric Sounder) Electrical Engineer
▪Designed the electrical architecture definition of the Data Processing Unit of the instrument.
IBDM (International Berthing and Docking System) SW and Integration Engineers
▪Took part in the SW specification, design and development of the Avionics sub-system.
▪Was responsible of the Integration and Validation of the full System (Avionics + Mechanisms). ▪Successfully delivered the system to the client (ESA-ESTEC) and supported on-site the continuation
activities (at QinetiQ Space, Antwerp).
UCAV (Combat UAV) system analyst
▪ Performed the mission analysis, technological assessment and operational and costs analysis of a European Combat UAV concept.
Taurus Electrical Engineer
▪Was responsible of the electronic design for captive flight simulator board.
Herschel-Planck AOCS Sub-System AIV Engineer
▪Developed automated test sequences and conducted and evaluated tests in the V&V campaign of
the AOCS sub-system.
GEMIS/SIGESTREDI (military Geographical Information Systems) Intern and SW Engineer
▪ Developed SW library for the generation and exploitation of HELIOS and Helios II products.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING 1996-2002
Ingeniero de Telecomunicación (MSc. Electrical/Telecommunications Engineer, with Honour Mention grade in the Master Thesis)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain. Main focus on Electrical Engineering, Signal Processing, RF Engineering, Computer Science, Communication Systems and Medical Images and Signals principles.
Mother tongue(s) Spanish
Other language(s) English French German
Organisational / managerial skills
▪Leadership abilities – experience as technical leader of a multidisciplinary team of engineers including thermal, mechanical, electrical, optical designers, AIV, QA).
▪Interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to negotiate and deal with customers and subcontractors, Industry and Agency partners, especially during phases C/D acquired, among others as System Engineer and PPE responsible of the SEOSAT Primary Payload.
▪Organization and planning skills, Project Management and scheduling.
▪Systems and Requirement Engineering, including End-to-End performance budgets assessment and analysis and compliance ensuring.
▪V&V: Understanding of Models philosophy and verifications levels (verification pyramid) and stages. Preparation, management and review of V&V specific documentation: VCD, AIV/AIT Plans, Test Specifications, Test Procedures, Test Reports, Verification Reports. Proficiency in the application of the relevant ECSS standards.
▪Participation in, and understanding of objectives Space Engineering milestones: SRR, PDR, CDR, QR, AR, and specifically V&V associated reviews like TRR, PTR and TRB.
▪AIT/AIV: Mechanical and Electrical integration, Payload characterization and functional tests, environmental tests (mechanical, thermal –TVT/TBT-, EMC), EGSE and test equipment specification and procurement.
▪SW Engineering including Specification, Architecture Definition, Development and Testing. Specifically, payload data processing and test and simulation data generation and processing.
▪Interfaces (electrical, thermal, mechanical) Management.
▪Electrical Engineering including Power Electronics, Mechanisms Drivers, Communications.
Electronics, Thermal Control, Video Electronics, Sensors Acquisition.
▪RF Engineering including antennae, transmission lines, waveguides and MW components. ▪QA related activities. NRB/ARB, Inspections.
▪C, C++, Java, Real time OS (RTEMS), Matlab, Simulink, DOORS, scripting (Python, bash, AWK, TCL/TK, EML), Windows, UNIX, ERDAS, PSPICE.
‘High-resolution Panchromatic and Multispectral imaging instrument for the
Spanish Ingenio/SEOSAT mission’; L. Pascual, JI. Bueno, D. Zorita, C. Miravet, G. Taubmann, A.
García Marín, I. Monasterio, C. Mas, J. Azcona, JM. Arroyo, U. García Feijoo, R. López, R. Martínez Casado, J. deMiguel, J. Eguía, S. Jarabo, N. Macías SENER Ingeniería y Sistemas; T. Belenguer, LM González INTA; I. Cabeza ECE; A. Marini, G. Crippa ESA/ESTEC. Poster presentation at ICSO 2012.
‘Optimization of System-of-Systems Architectures for Maritime Border Control using Genetic Algorithms’. Ignacio Melgar, Carlos Mas, Marta Sanchís, Maite Gómez. 36th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON-2010), 7th-10th November 2010. Phoenix, USA.
‘Validation of Space Vehicle Docking with the International Berthing and Docking Mechanism and a KUKA Robot’. M. Hardt, C. Mas, A. Ayuso, D. Cocho (SENER, E);
L. Mollinedo (GMV, E); O. Gracia, P. Urmston (ESA-ESTEC, NL). 14th European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium. 2011 Constance, Germany. 28th / 30th September
Training and Certificates
2015: SPACE SYSTEMS ENGINEERING, Southampton University, 7th to 11th September.
2015: MONITORING CLIMATE FROM SPACE, offered by ESA on Futurelearn e-learning platform. 2007: RTEMS Open Class., Munich 17th-21st March.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.