A highly qualified, talented and passionate Satellite Engineer with proven experience with providing critical contribution in delivering NBN Co.’s Long Term Satellite Solution (launching high throughput satellites: N1A & N1B) and SingTel Optus’ launch of Optus-10 satellite. Acquired valuable experience by simulating real-world behaviour of the new N1A, N1B and Optus-10 satellites.
Exhibited excellent communication skills to build and maintain professional relationships with customers, colleagues and vendors. Demonstrated ability to take on challenges and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Possesses innovative and analytical thinking skills along with problem solving abilities to resolve complex issues.
· Strong understanding of Spacecraft Mission, Launch, Payload and Bus Subsystems through the Masters of Spacecraft Systems Engineering program as well as working at NBN Co and Optus
· Attended in Spacecraft Overview and Payload Training courses by SSL (Space Systems / Loral) for Optus-10, N1A and N1B satellites
· Delivered a complex tool which optimises end user throughput
· Accountable for delivering a complex tool that monitors carriers and interference
· Accomplished at the following software: Matlab, Altium Designer and CellPlan
· Strong object oriented programming skills. Previously programmed with: VHDL, HTML, PHP, Python, Perl and Java
· Comfortable with Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems
· Proven experience of quickly learning and applying new skills, processes, systems and technologies in every role
· Solid project management skills: planning, auditing/testing, documenting, report writing and presentation skills
· Hands-on experience at working with lab/test equipment
· Customer focussed
· Persuasive; Excellent Communication (and negotiation) skills
· Enjoy working in a team environment; as well as comfortable working autonomously
· Work well under pressure (including meeting deadlines); Ability to take on challenges
· Strong Leadership skills
· Highly Motivated and a Fast learner
· Proactive, Resourceful and Adaptable
· Innovative thinking
· Solid Analytical and Problem solving skills
· Reliable, with Attention to detail
· Masters of Spacecraft / Satellite Systems Engineering
University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney
Commenced – 2014
· Bachelor of Electronic Engineering (First Class Honours – H1)
Major – Communications Engineering
La Trobe University, Melbourne
Graduated – 2008
· Masters’ Space Project: Detailed report on Hayabusa – the Mission, Launch, each of the Spacecraft Subsystems (including Payload and Bus) and the Processes
· Final Year Engineering Project: Designed an original and innovative scheduling algorithm for Satellite Switched - Time Division Multiple Access (SS-TDMA) traffic
· Final Year Team Project in Engineering Management: Led a team of seven to build a business plan for an innovative new product and company
· Final Year Project in Advanced Digital Signal Processing: Designed a Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) signal generator and detector, Noise generator, plus the Goertzel’s algorithm filter and a GUI
· Speciality Project: Designed and built a Tuneable RF Radio
NBN CO. 2014 – Ongoing
Senior Satellite Engineer
Critical contribution in NBN Co.’s $2.5 billion Long Term Satellite Solution (LTSS) to launch high capacity Spacecraft fleet to provide high-speed broadband across Australia. Accountable for delivering projects worth $15 million. Working productively with SSL (Space Systems / Loral), TeleSat, SAT Corporation, Fraunhofer, RKF Engineering, SingTel Optus, Ericsson, Honeywell, Kratos, Clearbox etc. to bring projects to fruition.
· Developed and documented 'Concept of Operations' for the LTSS
· Successfully delivered and integrated Satellite Network Planning/Management System, as well as Satellite Network Monitoring System from the design stage to the operational stage
· Accountable for delivering Satellite Earth Station Weather Station project by becoming Subject Matter Expert (SME) and delivering it from requirements stage to the final operational stage
· Comprehensively reviewed documentation, as well as Test Plans and Procedures
· Thoroughly conducted Site Acceptance Tests (SATs) using attention to detail skills (including writing trouble tickets and fault reports to resolve non-conformance issues)
· Effectively created and executed Ad Hoc Test Cases for the Satellite Network Systems
· Adeptly produced a presentation on the Satellite Network Systems to the Satellite Operations department, including senior management
· Using communication, problem solving, teamwork and multi-tasking skills to successfully assist and work with various teams (with different priorities) at the same time, to bring many projects to completion
SINGTEL OPTUS 2011 – 2013
Satellite Engineer (Satellite Technology and Planning)
Critical contribution in projects worth $250,000 to $550 million for Optus’ $2 billion Satellite business, through liaising with clients to assess their requirements to design and implement customised technical solutions
· Simulated and tested the real world behaviour of the new Optus10 satellite, as part of the design team
· Skilfully designed, released and implemented RF Link Budgets, Transponder Frequency Plans, Contour Maps, Beam Maps
· Achieved customer satisfaction and managers’ commendations by analysing the above technical information, making recommendations and producing feasibility reports
· Saved Optus time, effort and revenue by successfully delivering the crucial Disaster Recovery (DR) Project for all satellites to restore services in case of an emergency
· Adeptly consulted and negotiated to design a DR solution that met the needs of a wide range of stakeholders: Customers, Marketing, Operations and Engineering
· Improved team performance by training team members; Acted as technical resource
· Successfully procured by reducing the cost of equipment through negotiation with vendors for purchase orders
· Effectively chaired the Satellite Engineering team meeting – Planned, co-ordinated and presented at the meeting to senior management
Telecommunications Network Engineer
Maintained the quality and functionality of the network by conducting and reporting on audits of live network infrastructure
· Recognised by the manager for skilfully applying troubleshooting skills to determine the cause of complex problems and implementing corrective actions to rectify non-compliances
· Achieved efficiency through reviewing, developing and implementing procedures to reduce the amount of maintenance required
· Actively participated in design review meetings by providing technical expertise
· Ensured design objectives, quality standards and deadlines were met by liaising with and assisting other groups (including training and supervising team members)
LUTHER IMPORTS AUSTRALIA 2009 – 2010
Quality Assurance and Customer Relations
· Built and maintained professional relationships, by effectively liaising with customers, potential customers and suppliers to identify their requirements, as well as negotiating with suppliers
· Maintained quality control and documentation
DYNAMIC RATINGS 2008 – 2008
Electronics Test Engineer – Contract
· Boosted productivity through planning and coordinating, projects as well as test procedures
· Rigorously tested (and calibrated) hardware and software for the transformer control and interface unit modules
· Diagnosed and rectified any issues encountered by conducting technical investigations, analysing data and utilising troubleshooting skills, to build and document test reports
TELSTRA 2007 – 2008
Transmission Network Engineer at the Global Operations Centre – Contract
· Monitored and improved network performance by auditing the complex network systems to investigate, diagnose and repair faults to developed and documented test reports
· Australian Citizenship only (with an Australian Passport only)
· In the process of obtaining Australian Defence Security Clearance (expect to attain it in one month)
· Holds Current ITAR Clearance
· Active and strong presence in the Space/Satellite Community on LinkedIn
· Willing to relocate and travel
Available upon request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.