· Flexible and open-minded team player with the ability to recognize and assume responsibility
· Self-motivated, target-oriented, quick and efficient
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent technical, intellectual and analytical skills
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Presentation experience at universities, European Space Agency and customer meetings
· Speaking English, Italian, French and Spanish
· Thermal analysis and management:
Engineering consulting for industries and private companies.
· Software development:
Simulator for formation flying satellites maneuvering (Fortran).
Coupling of sintered heat pipe lumped parameter model with finite volume model (C++, OpenFoam).
AOCS simulator for LEO satellite, including modeling of orbital perturbations, i.e. Magnetic Field, Solar radiation (Simulink, Matlab).
· Feasibility study of a space mission aimed to explore craters of North lunar pole (Academic group work: mainly involved in the design of power supply subsystem).
· Mission analysis of a GEO satellite: launch, orbit acquisition, decommissioning. (SatelliteTool Kit, Matlab)
· Structural analysis:
Finite element modeling of honeycomb plate and stress analysis (Femap, MSC Nastran).
Modal analysis of Palamede satellite (Femap, MSC Nastran).
Structural design of a plane wing section (Femap, MSC Nastran).
· Successful project management experience as coordinator of the industrial consultancy activities of Prof. Marengo research group at the University of Bergamo (yearly budget: ~450k€).
· Internal coordinator of MAP-ENCOM-2, international project for the study of condensation phenomena in two-phase systems.
Thermal engineering and project management
University of Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy May 2012 – Current
My main tasks
Software development/Mission Analysis
Thales Alenia Space, Rome, Italy June 2006 - October 2006
· Development of software for satellite formation flying maneuvering and control.
Student Tutoring March 2010-July2011
Polytechnic of Milan, Milan, Italy
· Help desk for students
Education / Qualifications
Polytechnic of Milan, Master Degree: Space Engineering, 2008-2012
Thesis: “Coupling of lumped and distributed parameter models for numerical simulation of a sintered heat pipe ”
Polytechnic of Milan, Bachelor Degree: Aerospace Engineering, 2003-2007
Thesis: “Maneuver control for formation flying satellites”
Foreign Language High School, Ariano Irpino, 1998 – 2003
Thesis: “Nature und genie”
· OS: Windows, Linux
· Technical computing software: Matlab, Simulink, Scilab, Octave
· Heat transfer analysis and fluid analysis software: Comsol Multiphysics, OpenFoam, Sinda/Fluint
· Structural analysis and pre-/post- processing: Femap, Patran, MSC Nastran
· CAD Modeling: Solid Edge, Solid Work
· Orbital propagation and maneuvering: Satellite Tool Kit
· Programming language: Fortran, C, C++
· European Computer Driving License certification.
Publications / Conferences
8th World Conference on Experimental Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Lisbon, Portugal, 16-20 June 2013.
M. Bonfanti, F. Iorizzo, C. Baldassari, M. Marengo, Genetic algorithm for dimensional optimization of bath heaters, 31st UIT Heat Transfer Conference, Como, Italy, June 25-27, 2013.
C. Ferrandi, F. Iorizzo, M. Mameli, S. Zinna, M. Marengo, Lumped Parameter Model of Sintered Heat Pipe: Transient Numerical Analysis and Validation, Applied Thermal Engineering Int. J., August 2012.
· Italian: Mother tongue
· English: Fluent
TOEFL computer-based test in 2006 (score: 233/300)
· French: Good
· Spanish: Good
· German: Basic
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.