· Experience leading teams and projects, supervising researchers, and writing proposals
· Nonlinear static and dynamic structure analysis experience in aerospace, automotive, defense, civil engineering, and electronics industries
· Specialist in safety, durability, vibration, including satellite static and dynamic analysis, vehicle crashworthiness, vehicle durability, aircraft and automotive engine durability and thermal fatigue analysis, composite analysis, blast analysis in vehicles and civil structures
· Biomechanics research in aorta rupture due to hematoma, human injury in impact and blast events
· Expertise in advanced Finite Element Analysis (FEA) methods including explicit and implicit algorithms, fluid structure interaction methods, contact analysis, and material subroutine development, using ABAQUS, ANSYS, FEMAP, HYPERWORK, HYPERMESH, IDEAS, LS-DYNA3D, NASTAN, and RADIOSS CAE/CAD software
· Strong research and teaching experience in applied mechanics solid, mechanics, fluid mechanics, and biomechanics, as an associate professor and a research scientist at universities
· Experienced in using applied methods including composite design, optimized design, Six Sigma, and LEAN
University of Michigan, Postdoctoral Research
University of Science and Technology of China, Engineering Mechanics, Ph. D.
Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Fluid Machinery and Hydrodynamic Engineering, M.S.
Anhui University of Science and Technology, Machine Design and Manufacture, China, B.S.
· Member of ASME, ASCE, SAE and Consultants’ Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV),
co-chair of sessions of ASME in computer-aided engineering and in biomechanics
· Collaborations with international research teams including US, UK, and China
· Peer reviewer for SAE and ASME international journals in applied mechanics, numerical methods, fatigue, and biomechanics
Selected in Who’s Who in America in 2011, 65th edition
Senior R &D Structure Analyst, SSL (Space Systems Loral) 2012-present
Structure analysis on the spacecraft at the system and subsystem levels using a combination of classical calculations and finite element methods
· Performed comprehensive static, vibration, and thermal analysis of entire satellite or components under complex flying dynamic loads
· Designed complex satellite components, NASA payload structures using finite element analysis, including composite design, struts, inserts, such as in Laser Communication Relay Demonstration(LCRD) for NASA, cylinder separation joints in satellites
President and Owner, AZ Engineering and Science, 2009-Present
State and dynamics analysis of engineering structures
· Analyzed underground structure explosive events to consider the interaction of structure and explosives with ground reflection and soil confining effects
· Pioneered finite element aortic modeling methods of Acute Aortic Syndrome (AAS) and Chronic Aortic Disease (CAA) modeling, including analyzing blood clots, blood flow, and three-layer aortic walls; simulated and analyzed aorta wall failure and blood clot evolution
· Gaveacademic seminars on FEA theory and applications
· Served as the principle investigator in presenting the following written proposals:
– Predicting evolution of chronic thoracic aortic disease and aortic traumatic injury,
(submitted to National Institute of Health, 2009)
– IDR/Collaborative Research – 3D Imaging of Tissue-like Materials Using Ultrasound-
assisted Broadband Microwave Interferometry (UA-BMWT)
(submitted to National Science Foundation, 2009)
– Mitigation of Blast Injuries through Modeling and Simulation
(submitted to Department of Defense SBIR, 2010)
Senior Structure Analyst, AECOM, 2010-2011
· Developed blast analysis for civil structures including structures related to US federal safety using Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian (ALE) method to consider the interaction of structure and explosive (CONWEP); analyzed failure modes and design-protected parts for targets, using ductile composite (DUCON) carbon fiber-reinforced components
· Performed quality control tasks: Peer -reviewmodels of vehicle impact models, blast models, and project evaluations
Principal Analysis Engineer, Ford Motor Company, 2010, 2007-2008, 2002-2005
Vehicle and Occupant/Pedestrian Safety Analysis
· Led full vehicle impact safety analysis, pedestrian and occupant injury analysis in crash modes and engine durability analysis
· Analyzed adult and child pedestrian safety in vehicle impact
· Performed full vehicle CAE analysis for frontal, side, and rear crashes of trucks and cars, including Ford F150, Ford 250, and Jaguar automobiles
· Developed component CAE analysis and optimization design for armrest, hood, door, and frame impact and studied fluid-solid interaction using the ALE method
· Created self-pierced rivet (SPR) models for use in aluminum structure crash analysis
Principle Analysis Engineer (level 12), BAE Systems, 2008-2009
· Developed mine blast analysis method for military vehicle structure and human injury
· Created crew member injury mine blast FEA methodology
· Collaborated in designing Energy Attenuation Device (EAD) for vehicle seats
· Updated full vehicle mine blast analysis methodology; performed vehicle mine blast Shock Response Spectrum analysis using FEA and MATLAB
· Developed modeling strategy for material models and setting contacts
· Created method of simulation of explosives under soil to analyze the interaction of structure and explosives with ground reflection and soil-confining effects
Senior Research Scientist, George Washington University, 2005-2007
· Supervised and pioneered crash modes and vehicle relative velocity magnitudes and direction resulting in aortic rupture analysis
· Studied blunt traumatic aortic rupture (BTAR) in vehicle impacts, creating a layer-specific aortic model with an orthotropic material model to predict aorta injury under impact
· Supervised full human body model development (for Ford Motor Company)
· Supervised optimizing child restraint system (CRS) and related vehicle components for child safety in vehicle impacts
· Supervised modeling bumper barrier CAE model with test verifications
· Developed impact analysis method for the fan containment systems of jet engines
Research Investigator, University of Michigan, 2000-2003
· Developed thermo-mechanical stress and fatigue analysis for automotive engines (for Ford Motor Company); created damage-coupled fatigue model for aluminum materials, including material model subroutine using ABAQUS
· Created thermo-mechanical fatigue analysis for solders (for Sandia National Laboratories); developed damage-coupled cyclic thermoviscoplasticity constitutive equations incorporating explicit, semi-explicit, and modified-Euler algorithms using ABAQUS
Associate Professor, Tsinghua University, 1998-2000
· Performed thermal-mechanical fatigue and creep analysis of cooled turbine blades in aircraft engines under cyclic loadings
· Conducted research projects to analyze wear fatigue of materials
· Analyzed effective properties and damage of inhomogeneous materials (sponsored by National Natural Science Foundation of China)
More than 30 publications
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.