Over 15 years experience with risk identification, industrial hygiene monitoring, facility and equipment inspections as well as management of safety and operations personnel and processing safety hazards. Extensive knowledge of occupational safety and health regulatory requirements. Exceptional analytical and evaluation skills utilized to research complex issues and propose corrective methods, controls and procedures to improve hazardous work environments. The ability to direct multidisciplinary teams, multi-task and think clearly in pressure-driven and emergency situations. Strong organizational, communications and computer skills.
Professional Skills and Expertise
· OSHA Outreach Trainer – General Industry
· OSHA Risk identification, mitigation and regulatory compliance.
· Analyze hazardous work environments; develop methods of mitigation.
· Facility and equipment inspections.
· Industrial hygiene monitoring and oversight.
· Preparation of risk assessment documentation.
· Provide training on hazard recognition and reporting.
· Disaster response assessment and procedure development.
· Assess operational impacts to processing schedule.
· Knowledge of budgeting and accounting policies, processes and procedures.
· Excellent computer skills. Knowledgeable of MS Office Suite products, Macintosh OS and office suite programs.
· Ability to multitask and remain on schedule for assigned project.
· Proven leader and team player.
EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY, Richmond, VA 2010 – 2012
Graduate Student - College of Justice and Safety
United Space Alliance, Kennedy Space Center, FL 1996 – 2011
Safety Coordinator / Occupational Safety Specialist:
(Layoff after completion of space shuttle processing contract)
· Provided guidance to operations safety personnel, management and contractors regarding interpretation and execution of mandated safety programs, policies and procedures.
· Evaluated processing documentation to verify safety program and regulatory compliance.
· Monitored all hazardous operations including, respiratory hazards, fall protection, confined space, lockout /tag out, hot work permitting, ordnance installation and removal, walking and working surfaces, electrical and construction safety.
· Performed environmental monitoring utilizing colorimetric indicator tubes, electronic and digital industrial hygiene instrumentation, oxygen monitoring equipment and wind speed detection devices (anemometers).
· Analyzed and evaluated hazardous conditions; developed appropriate control methods.
· Evaluated the appropriateness and use of safety equipment in the work environment.
· Inspected facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to prevent incidents and accidents and eliminate hazardous conditions.
· Ensured continued employee compliance with all safety programs, policies and procedures.
· Interviewed employees regarding workplace incidents and accidents. Prepared initial incident summary for submission to management and the accident investigation committee.
· Submitted health and safety improvement plans and specifications for management approval.
Emergency Response Coordinator:
· Developed company disaster assessment and recovery team procedure for center wide disaster response activities.
· Dispatched/directed multidisciplinary hazard assessment teams providing guidance on response procedures, interpretation and execution of mandated safety programs, policies and procedures.
· Worked directly with emergency support organizations; proposed alternative response actions based on knowledge of ongoing hazardous operations.
· Developed and conducted safety briefings for operational and management personnel.
· Directed initial mishap investigation activities including report preparation and submission to management and accident investigation committee.
Processing Operations Site Manager:
Coordinate and integrate the technical aspect of work assignments for engineering, union and processing personnel.
· Managed schedule assessments, impacts, and risks to operational activities.
· Reviewed specifications, technical and processing documentation for potential impact to system safety.
· Interfaced with engineering, internal and external customers, vendors & manufacturing organizations to communicate project requirements and resolve conflicts.
· Site emergency response coordinator.
Education and Certification
· Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY
Masters of Science - Safety, Security & Emergency Management
· FEMA Emergency Management Institute – Continuing Education and Professional Development
· National Association of Safety Professionals - Specialist Emergency Management
· National Safety Council - Certified Occupational Safety Specialist
· Developed the KSC Safety Operations Disaster Assessment and Recovery Team response plan utilized to evaluate and return processing facilities to full operational capacity upon termination of center wide closures.
· Recipient of the KSC Prime Launch Team Career Achievement Award for successful completion of over 100 space shuttle vehicle launches as the prime launch operations safety coordinator.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.