SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
ACCA - MBA - Top French Aerospace Engineering School
Project accountant with 11 years of experience in the Aerospace, Transport and Insurance industries.
Excellent analytical, communication and organisation skills. Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Back from 8 months travelling and volunteering in Asia. Immediately available.
August 2011 – October 2012
Project Accountant– CHARTIS EUROPE Headquarters (AIG) (London, UK - Insurance)
Control the costs of a portfolio of 30 projects (IT, Legal and Regulatory) across UK and Europe for FP&A.
Ø Develop Project Accounting best practicesand improve processes.
· Audit current practices and provide financial guidance to the Project Management Office team
· Organize monthly cost reviews to analyse the variance between the estimate and the actuals
· Lead changes in the monthly accruals posting processto increase financial controls
· Harmonize the cost recharge across European countries process
· Design Project Accounting tools and develop reporting requirements
Ø Prepare summary reports and presentations for the Executive Committee of Chartis Europe.
· Complete and accurate actual spend of the Project stack
· Variance analysis: quarterly Actuals against Estimates and yearly Forecast against Budget
Ø Participate in the European Business case Peer Review.
· Bi-weekly review of business cases to ensure completeness and consistency of information
· Reviewof the costs/benefits analysis and advise on the capital/expense split
October 2008 – July 2011
Function Cost Manager – THALES Rail Signalling Solutions (London, UK - Transport)
London Underground signalling system upgrade project - Jubilee and Northern lines.
Ø Finance Business partner allocated to the Testing and System Assurance Departments
· Prepare the yearly budget: manpower planning (300 000 hours) and non labour cost (£ 1 Million)
· Produce weekly and monthly reports for Managers to analyse the actual spend
· Participate actively in the change note process to ensure all deviations are captured
· Ensure the correct allocation and coding of all financial transactions
· Support Operational Managers in budgeting, forecasting and decision-making
Ø Process improvement of the budget preparation and consolidation
· Create new budget templates to automate the completion and consolidation
· Centralise and consolidate the 16 departmental templates in a Master file budget
· Prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
August 2005 – September 2008
Senior Project Controller – EADS ASTRIUM (Stevenage, UK - Aerospace)
Ø Control the costs and sales of Telecommunication satellite Platforms. Budget £ 10 Million.
· Participate in the Bid process, monitor and negotiate the UK Platform work order
· Set up the initial budget (labour and direct costs) and create the Work Breakdown Structure
· Check the monthly actual spend and analyse in detail the variance to the original plan
· Update the forecast ensuring consistency with schedule, risks and workload profile
· Maintain the risk register and assess risk likelihood and impact
· Update the cash flow forecast including foreign currencies management
· Report the project financial status: revenue, expenditure, margin, cash flow
Ø Expertise applied to project control processes and tools.
· Establish a frameworksupporting Project Control role
· Train new staff and coach team members in the project control tools and processes
· Improve the reporting, creating new templates post SAP migration
· Produce and analyse multi-project performance indicators
· Provide independent feedback on other Business Division Project Control processes
February 2005 – July 2005
Process Manager – EADS AIRBUS France (Toulouse, France - Aeronautics)
Ø Interface between the A380 systems division users (100 people) and software developers.
· Set up a status report regarding 12 software tools (action, risks and project management, documentation, intranet)
· Coordinate the deployment of the new software versions
· Organise training on the Project Management tools and support users
February 2004 – January 2005
Project Controller– THALES ALENIA SPACE (Toulouse, France - Aerospace)
Ø Cost control of Telecommunication satellite payloads. Budget: € 40 million.
Ø Payload bids department Process Manager.
· Control department costs and review budget forecast
· Develop standard schedule templates for bids
· Check costs and schedule bids consistency
November 2001 – January 2004
Project Controller– EADS ASTRIUM (Portsmouth, UK - Aerospace)
Ø Cost and sales control of Telecommunication satellite payloads. Budget € 50 Million.
Ø Manufacturing Department cost control (Frequency Generator Unit and Amplifiers).
· Set up detailed report of time spent by activity using the MRP software (SURF) and analyse the variance with the routing time
· Implement efficiency indicators
· Review the department forward load
2011 ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Qualified Accountant
2001 MBA (Master of Business Administration) - University Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne
2000 Graduated from ENSICA (Ecole National Superieure d'Ingenieurs de Constructions Aeronautiques)
French National Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering School
French: mother tongue - English: fluent spoken and written
Spanish: good knowledge - Italian: good knowledge
Microsoft office: Excel (advanced level), Word, Power Point, Outlook
Enterprise Resource Planning: SAP (advanced level), MIS, SURF
Cost and schedule planning: P3, Cascade, Artemis
Reporting tools: COGNOS, Business Warehouse, Business Objects
Travelling and Volunteering for charities in Asia from November 12 to June 13, Cycling, Trekking, Theatre
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.