Nationality : Indian
Date of Birth: 10th December, 1986
Master of Technology
Space Science & Communication
Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics, West Bengal
University of Calcutta
(10 Point Scale)
Bachelor of Technology
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Academy of Technology, West Bengal
West Bengal University of Technology
(10 Point Scale)
Work experience: Research internship at the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Germany, March 2012-July 2013
· Analysis of modern and old solar image databases obtained from different observatories.
· Processing of images for artifacts, photographic calibration, normalization, correcting digitization errors, image filtering for noisy pattern removal.
· Developing shape detection, pattern recognition algorithms in IDL
· Programming for feature extraction, testing on modern and old images. Validation with standard datasets, correlation studies. Coding and analysis in IDL language.
Thesis & Student projects completed:
1. Master of Technology Thesis: Long Term Variation of Tropopause Characteristics over the Indian Region and Correlation with Solar Activity and Meteorological Parameters, July 2011
· Collection and processing of long records of satellite and radiosonde data.
· Extracting atmospheric parameters and mathematical modeling of tropopause characteristics.
· Studying spatiotemporal variations of tropopause characteristics for 33 years.
· Correlation and regression analysis with solar and meteorological parameters in Matlab.
2. Title: “A microwave radar based sensing and modeling of rainfall patterns”, August 2010, University of Calcutta, India
· Analyzing Doppler spectra of hydrometeors obtained from high resolution microwave radar.
· Near real time calibration of data from the 24 GHz FM/CW micro-rain radar.
· Mathematical modeling of vertical radar reflectivity profile.
· Model simulation, data analysis in Matlab
· Estimating precipitation parameters and characteristics from reflectivity measurements.
3. Title: Maximum power point tracking of photovoltaic modules, January-December 2009
· Using an artificial (swarm) intelligence based optimization algorithm to maximize power conversion efficiency of a photovoltaic module made of silicon solar cells.
· Matlab/Simulink based modeling of photovoltaic modules.
· Electronic circuit design and experimental setup arrangement for testing the developed algorithm on a photovoltaic module in real time.
· Measurement of power fluctuations, power conversion efficiency, comparison of observed results with simulation.
4. Title: Noise Sources in long haul IM-DD Fiber Optic Communication Link, March 2009
5. Bachelor of Technology Thesis: “Design and simulation of an optical fiber based coherent communication system”, April, 2009. Academy of Technology, India
· Design and simulation of an optical fiber based communication system with digital BPSK modulation and coherent detection, in Matlab and Simulink.
· Simulation of attenuation and dispersion effects on digital signal transmission in long haul optical fiber links.
· Measurement and comparison of bit error rate performances of single and multimode fiber links in communication.
6.Title: Designing a new electronically controlled solar powered baking machine, 2009
· Developing a novel concept of an automatic solar powered baking machine
· Optical sensors and electronic circuits designed for timing and temperature control
· Using mirrors and Fresnel lens to collect solar heat radiation for baking.
· Electronic control circuits powered by photovoltaic modules
· Made from low cost materials & electronic components, economic & eco-friendly design
Title: “Fabrication, Characterization and Measurements of Optical Fiber Parameters and Studies on Fiber Based Passive and Active devices & components.” at the Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute (CGCRI), Kolkata, India, July, 2008.
· Practical works with different types of optical fibers, studying fiber modes, fiber losses, dispersion and scattering in fibers.
· Demonstration of optical fiber fabrication by MCVD process, fiber drawing at the fabrication laboratory.
· Optical fiber characterization, attenuation measurement, refractive index profile measurement and preform analysis.
· Practical work with active and passive fiber components for optical communication systems, like photonic crystal fibers, fiber based laser and amplifiers, fiber Bragg gratings.
· Demonstration of optical fiber based filters, couplers and sensors.
List of Publications/Conference presentations
1. “Analysis of Ca II K Images Aiming to Determine Long-term Trends in Solar Irradiance Variability”, Anuradha Kar, Ilaria Ermolli, Natalie A Krivova, Sami K Solanki, European Geosciences Union, 2013, Vienna, Austria.
2. “Analysis of Historical Ca II K Images for Applications to Solar Irradiance Reconstructions”, Anuradha Kar, Ilaria Ermolli, Natalie A Krivova, Sami K Solanki, Rocks n Stars Conference, 8th -11th October, 2012, Goettingen, Germany.
3.“Long term variation of tropopause characteristics over India and its relation with solar activity”, Saurabh Das, Anuradha Kar, Shamitaksha Talukdar and Animesh Maitra, 17th National Space Science Symposium, (NSSS – 2012), 14 – 17 February 2012, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
4.“A New Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithm for PV Modules under Partial Shading and Rapidly Varying Illumination”, Anuradha Kar and Asim Kar, IEEE INDICON 18-20th December, 2009, Gujarat, India. Published in IEEE Xplore, Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/INDCON.2009.5409472.
5. “NoiseSources in long haul IM-DD Fiber Optic Communication Link”. Anuradha Kar., Proceedings of the International Conference on Trends in Optics and Photonics (ICONTOP 2009) pp 595-600. March 1-4, 2009, Kolkata.
6. “Maximum Power Point Tracking Of Solar Photovoltaic Module Under Partial Shading”. Proceedings of the 18th International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference (PVSEC18) pp 443-444. Jan 18-23, 2009, Science City Convention Centre, Kolkata.
7. “New Optimization Technique for Intelligent Systems Using Particle Swarms”. Proceedings of the First Indian Conference on Trends in Modern Engineering Systems pp 51-57. February 23-24, 2008, JIS College of Engineering, India.
1. “Analysis of solar calcium K images for irradiance reconstructions”, Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Germany, February 2013
2. “Solar Control of Lower Tropospheric Phenomena” , Department of Radio Physics & Electronics, University of Calcutta. August 2010
3.“Silicon Photonics-Concept & Applications”, Academy of Technology, West Bengal, India, 2009
4. “Multivibrators & their applications in electronic systems”, Academy of Technology, West Bengal, India, 2009.
5. “Optimization Using Particle Swarms and Applications in Electronics”, National Student Paper Contest, Kolkata, India, 2008.
Awards & Grants
I) Awarded grant to travel and attend a seven day winter school at Thessaloniki, Greece, March 2013.
II) Awarded grant for travel and month-long stay to work on historical solar image databases at the Osservatorio Astronomico di Roma, Monte Porzio Catone Roma, Italy, May 2012.
III) Held first class first position in the Master of Technology degree course at the Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics, University of Calcutta, 2011.
IV) Received a two year fellowship sponsored by ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) to pursue Master Degree in Space science & Communication at the Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics, University of Calcutta, 2009-2011.
V) Won the 2nd Position award at the IEEE All India Student Project Contest-2009held at Hyderabad, 8th August 2009. Project Title: “A New Automatic Solar Powered Baking Machine Using Off the Shelf Components”.
VI) Won the 2nd Position award at the National Student Paper Contest on “New Generation Electronics (2008)” held at Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Kolkata.
Skills & memberships:
Computer Skills : Programming in Matlab, IDL, VHDL, PSpice, C
Language Skills : Fluent in English, TOEFL Score : 117/120
Memberships : Student member EGU, IEEE, SPIE
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.