· Telecommunications Engineer with more than 20 years experience in Satellite and Wireless Communications Systems
· Experienced Systems Operations Manager with broad knowledge in operations and management of complex telecoms systems
· Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with proven track record in managing large scale international projects
· Self motivated, quick learner, ambitious, and good team player
Thuraya Telecommunications Company - (Dec. 1998 – Present) Dubai - UAE
1. Director – Technology Development January 2011 – Present
· Responsible for development of Thuraya gateways and customer products
· Responsible for system expansions and new services development
· Providing engineering level support to Operations team
· Providing technical support to Commercial division
2. Executive Manager - Operations and Maintenance October 2007 – December 2010
· Managing the Operations and Maintenance Unit, comprising of Space Segment and Ground Segment
· Responsible for preserving Thuraya System in nominal operational status
· Liaising with System Designers and Vendors to resolve emerging issues and enhancing existing system
· Ensuring end customer service continuity and continuous customer satisfaction
3. Manager - Operations and Maintenance Ground Systems August 2005 – October 2007
· Managing the Ground Segment of Thuraya Satellite (MSS) company
· Leading a team of engineers and technicians split across 3 sections (Base Station, Network Switching, and Value Added Services)
· Responsible for integration of new systems and services within and outside the department
· Maximizing team efficiency through restructuring and redistribution of responsibilities
4. Senior Engineer - Communications Systems Projects March 2003 – July 2005
· Responsible for managing new projects developed for Ground Systems
· Responsible for technical integration of external companies
· Providing technical support to the Operations team
5. Senior Engineer - Advanced Operations Center April 2001 – February 2003
· Responsible for the operations and maintenance of Thuraya radio ground system
· Training and coaching the systems engineers and technicians
· Coordinating with staff from other sections to resolve any service affecting issues
6. Engineer - Advanced Operations Center Dec. 1998 – April 2001
· Reviewing system design through regular Design Review Meetings in UAE and at the US premises of Hughes Network Systems and Boeing Satellite Systems
· Ensuring that the delivered systems match the contractual specifications
· Responsible for Ground Systems installation, commissioning, and acceptance
· Responsible for follow up of On-job training of core Thuraya Ground Operations team
Saudi Oger Ltd. October 1992 – Dec. 1998 Jeddah - KSA
1. Assistant Project Manager – Royal GSMNetwork Dec. 1993 – Dec. 1998
· Responsible for the integration and acceptance of Royal GSM network in KSA Western Region (Jeddah, Mekkah, and Medina)
· Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the Royal GSM network
· Coordination with Royal client representative and with vendors teams (Siemens-Motorola)
2. Telecom Engineer Oct. 1992 – Dec. 1993
Responsible for the Operations and Maintenance of royal palace telephone network and PABX systems
Dar Al Handassah – Shair and Partners July 1992 – Oct. 1992
Beirut - Lebanon
· Computer engineer:responsible for computer Hardware and software support
Sheikh Moussa Trading Co. (Nov. 1991 – Oct. 1992)
Beirut – Lebanon
· Software engineer:responsible for the development of Payroll and Inventory Systems
Skills and achievements
· Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) – Sept. 2005
· Contract Management and Negotiation Skills
· Leadership Skills – Dec. 1994
· Certified Siemens (1994), Ericsson (1999) O&M Engineer
· Certified Hughes (2000) O&M Engineer
· Diverse Computer Skills
Bachelor of Engineering – Computer and Communications (1991)
American University of Beirut
Beirut – Lebanon
- Soft Skills Training (Leadership Skills, Emotional Intelligence, Problem Solving and Decision Making)
- Technical Training (Siemens, Motorola, Alcatel, Ericsson, Hughes Network Systems, Boeing Satellite Systems, Huawei, Unix)
- Date of Birth: Jan. 1st, 1970
- Nationality: Lebanese
- Residence: UAE valid till Jan. 2013
- Married, with 3 children
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.