With around a decade’s experience in the Satellite Communication Industry, Muhammad is a renowned writer and analyst in the industry with multiple publications and keynote appearances at different international platforms. He has been advocating for innovation in satellite communication in accordance with development in terrestrial technology including; IoT, Cloud, AI etc. Currently based in Australia, he has worked in different regions including Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Customer account management: Cellular Operators, Oil & Gas, Broadcast and ISP
- Account management: Satellite Operators, Vendors, Service Providers and Subcontractors
- Team Management: 24×7 Network Operation Center duty shift teams, Field Support Engineers, duty rosters, resource movement and resource allocation
- Pre-Sales Engineer: customized network designs, technical proposals, presentations, technical support to commercial and sales teams
- Project management: planning activities, coordination with all stakeholders and meeting agreed timelines
- Managing inventory: at hub end and remote site earth stations
- Providing advisory and consultancy to multiple organizations
- Keeping up to date with technology trends and market situation of the industry
- Technical site survey & complete installation of VSAT antennas and link commissioning for SCPC and DVB links
- Cellular backhauling over VSAT transmission
- Working in 24×7 Network Operations duty shifts and providing technical support whenever required
- Preventive maintenance and technical audit of installed sites
- Coordination with Satellite operators for Link Budget making, its implementation and UAT, ASI/CPI testing
- Complaint Log Reporting and Analysis on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Complaint/Outage escalation, alert generation and follow up
- Making of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Significant Event Report (SER)
- Testing and reporting of new equipment, space segment as well as problematic equipment and space segment for performance comparison analysis
Equipment & Tools
- L-Band Modems: Comtech CDM 625, Comtech QXL, Radyne DMD20 LBST, STM Turbo Solante, STM Satlink, iDirect Evolution X
- RF BUC: Terrasat, Comtech, Advantech, Codan, NJRC, STM. Both Ku band & C band ranging 2W to 750W
- Vertex RSI 6.3m, 6.1m, 4.8m, 3.7m, 3.8m; Patriot 2.4m; Andrew 1.8m & 1.2m both C-Band and Ku-Band, motorized and manual
- Intelsat IS-904, IS-902, IS-12; Paksat-1, Paksat-1R, Arabsat Badar-5, ABS-7, Asiasat-5, Singtel ST-1, RSCC Express AM-1, NSS-12
- Spectrum Analyzers: Agilent, Anritsu, Rhode & Schwarz
- Link Budget Analysis: Satmaster Pro, Manual Calculations
- BERT: Acterna
- Neteye by T.Soft
- Computer: DOS, Windows 98, XP, 7 & 8, MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio & Project
- Integration and commissioning of GSM sites on VSAT backhaul Transmission for Huawei, Ericsson, NSN and Alcatel BTS
Satellite Communication Technology June 2014 – Present
- Keynote Speaker at VSAT Mobility 2014 held at The Mira, Hong Kong on Oct 28-29, 2014. I presented the concept of Ring Computing: ExTerNet, an extraterrestrial network to compliment terrestrial networks with global reach and intention for the revival Satellite Communication Industry
- Featured Author and Analyst at Satcom Post for presenting innovative ideas related to the future of Satellite Communication Industry
- Featured Author in Satellite Communication and Broadcasting – Special Issue 2016, a journal of “Communication Technologies & Equipment Magazine” Russia
- Featured Author and Analyst at Space Watch Middle East for generating new ideas related to the industry with special focus on Middle East region
- Featured Researcher International Conference in Aerospace for Young Scientists (ICAYS) which will be held during November 12th-13th, 2016 in Beihang University, Beijing, China
- Featured Contributor to Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s review of the Space Activities Act 1998, the Space Activities Regulations 2001 and the Space Activities (Approved Scientific or Educational Organisations) Guidelines 2015.
- Attended Cable and Satellite exhibition and conferences CABSAT 2016, Dubai, UAE
Es’hailSat -- Ministry of Defense Qatar
Satcom Specialist Dec 2012 – May 2014
Working as a Satellite Communication Specialist for the launch of Qatar’s 1st ever Satellite Es’hailSat 1. The satellite is intended to meet country’s communication needs.
- Working with Eutelsat and E’shailSat for pre-launch & post-launch tests
- Looked after all Pre-Launch activities including installations and commissioning
- Worked with vendors and sub-contractors for Antenna installations for TT&C and Geo Locations
- Supervised installation of technical rooms for TT&C and Geo Location including equipment installation, power requirements etc.
- Providing Voice, Video and Data connectivity to Qatar Peacekeeping defense forces deployed in Djibouti & Eretria
- Pre-launch testing of GSM backhauling for On-The-Move and On-The-Pause Cellular BTS to be deployed in Djibouti & Eritrea
Senior Executive – Engineering VSAT/DVB Nov 2007 – Dec 2012
Wateen Telecom Ltd is an international venture of Abu Dhabi Group and currently the largest WiMax Operator and private carrier of long-haul connectivity in Pakistan. Currently Wateen Telecom is providing VSAT/DVB services through different satellites within Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Account Management of Customer, Satellite Operators, Vendors and Subcontractors
- Team Lead for 24×7 Satellite Network Operations Center and remote Field Engineering resource
- Pre-Sales Engineer to work as Technical Expert with Commercial and Sales departments
International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan
BS Electronic Engineering Sep 2003 – Sep 2007
- Registered Engineer, Pakistan Engineering Council
- University degree and professional experience verified by Engineers Australia
- Spearheaded multiple projects for relief efforts carried out after massive October 8th, 2005 earthquake in Pakistan
- Served as President of Binding Link for Unity of Engineers at IIU ( 2006-07)
- Organized 6th Convocation of International Islamic University, March 2006
Comtech EF Data Mar 2010
Attended Satellite Communication Course (CM-03-10), Comtech EF Data, Beijing, China
- Comtech Products Overview and future technologies
- Operation and maintenance of CDM625 & QX Modem using Carrier-in-Carrier technology
- Problem solving and case study in Carrier-in-Carrier implementation
- Practical Lab for ODU & Modems
- One Belt, One Road, One Space, Space Watch Middle East, Feb 19, 2017
- GEO-LEO Hybrid Multigrid Network, Space Watch Middle East, Feb 12, 2017
- Ring Computing ExTerNet: An Extraterrestrial Network of a Constellation of Geostationary Communications Satellites, International Conference in Aerospace for Young Scientists (ICAYS) which will be held during November 12th-13th, 2016 in Beihang University, Beijing, China
- multi-satellite systems LEO-HTS: "disruptive innovation” in the field of satellite communications or bubble?, Satellite Communication and Broadcasting – Special Issue 2016, a journal of “Communication Technologies & Equipment Magazine”, Jan 2016, Russia
- Analytical review of opinions: The immediate future of satellite communication, Satellite Communication and Broadcasting – Special Issue 2016, a journal of “Communication Technologies & Equipment Magazine”, Jan 2016, Russia
- Policy Review Feedback for Government of Australia, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s review of the Space Activities Act 1998, the Space Activities Regulations 2001 and the Space Activities (Approved Scientific or Educational Organisations) Guidelines 2015.
- Survey Analysis: Near Future of Satellite Communications, Satcom Post, Dec 1, 2015
- Satcom Based Disaster Management, Satcom Post, Nov 12, 2015
- Downfall of an Empire, Satcom Post, Sep 9, 2015
- Ring Computing, VSAT Mobility Conference, Oct 28-29, 2014, Hong Kong
- Future of Satellite Communication, Satcom Post, Sep 9, 2014
- Ring Computing: Challenges & Advantages, Satcom Post, Sep 19, 2014
- Having very influential contacts all over the globe from the industry including Satellite Operators, Vendors, Service Providers and customers. These contacts also include but not limited to 3400+ LinkedIn contacts and 3200+ tweeps, with regular interactions
- Travelled multiple destinations including Tokyo, Beijing, Hong Kong, Dubai, Doha, Perth, Brisbane meeting people from the industry
- Accepts new challenges and solving complex problems with stress free approach
- Likes traveling frequently and willing to relocate for a worthwhile opportunity
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.