MECHANICAL / AEROSPACE ENGINEER - Ph.D.
Highly pragmatic, hands-on and self-reliant mechanical and aerospace engineer with a unique
academic history and 5 years of experience in the space and aeronautics industry. Earned
a reputation for adapting to new environments and mastering diﬃcult skills quickly. Ability
to dissect problems into their most important parts and to translate complex subjects into
clear and manageable topics. A team negotiator and consensus builder, who earns the trust of
superiors, colleagues and subordinates.
Technical Knowledge Software Expertise
• Stress Analysis • FEM: ABAQUS , NASTRAN, ANSYS
• Structural Dynamics • Pre/Post: HyperMesh, FEMAP, PATRAN
• Composite Mechanics • CAD: CATIA V5 and Pro-E
• Finite Elements Modeling • Programming: Python, C++, Java and Matlab.
• Numerical Optimization
• Software Development
• Applied Mathematics
Embraer S.A. - Research and Development (2010-Present)
Sr. Aeronautical Engineer
Embraer S.A. is a large Brazilian aerospace conglomerate, producing commercial, military
and executive aircraft. With over 15,000 employees and a $6 billion yearly revenue, Embraer is
recognized as the third largest aircraft manufacturer in the world. As a member of the Research
and Development Department, the aeronautics group was tasked with investigating a number
of ongoing issues in aeroelasticity analysis. In particular, the aeronautics group investigated
aspects of aeroelastic/dynamics modeling, testing and design of composite structures. Selected
activities and accomplishments:
• Helped to develop, manage and implement a plan to study advanced topics in aeroelas-
ticity involving composite materials and nonlinear dynamics.
• Resolved a number of ongoing issues related to modeling and testing of composite struc-
tures at Embraer.
• Created from the ground up several ﬁnite element models of complex equipment and
validated the models through targeted testing. Model advanced features included: strain
stiﬀening, linear and nonlinear buckling, contact, plasticity / stress hardening.
Omnisys (Thales Group) - Product Development (2008-2010)
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
A Thales Group member, with approximately 300 employees, Omnisys is a small/medium sized
electronics engineering company which designs a number of custom equipment for the Brazil-
ian Space Research Institute (INPE), the Air Force and Navy. At the time, Omnisys was
responsible for redesigning or retroﬁtting nearly a dozen diﬀerent pieces of equipment in four
subsystems of the CBERS 3&4 satellite. At the time Omnysis was experiencing a number of
problems with vibration induced failure in a number of equipments for INPE. Selected activities
• Assembled and led a small team (3 people) to solve problems related to mechanical design.
The team became the company’s ﬁrst Mechanical Engineering Department.
• Developed proﬁciency in vibrations and thermal analysis of space equipment (self-taught).
This included harmonic, random vibration and shock, as well as in-orbit thermal ﬂux
calculations and thermal stress calculations.
• Created, from the ground up, over a dozen ﬁnite element models of complex space equip-
ment for vibration, thermal and stress analysis. Speciﬁed qualiﬁcation testing and oversaw
delivery of a number of models of the CBERS 3&4 equipent.
École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de St-Étienne, Saint Étienne, France.
• Ph.D. Engineering Mechanics, Identiﬁcation of composite material properties, Highest
• M.S. Engineering Mechanics, 2005
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA.
• B.S. Aerospace Engineering with minor in Mathematics, GPA 3.72/4.0 - Cum Laude, 2004
• Born in Brazil.
• U.S. Citizen naturalized in 2006.
• E.U. Citizen naturalized (jus sanguinis) in 1996.
• Fluent in English, Portuguese, and French (spoken).
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.