January 2017 – present EDRS Verification and Validation Engineer
AIRBUS (CAM System Consulting GmbH)
Ottobrunn, Bayern, Germany
– Support to END-to-END compatibility test EDRS-C to Ground segment: creation of test specifications, scenarios, pass/fail criteria.
As part of the Operations Engineering team, responsible for verification and validation of operational products for EDRS-C. Tasks in particular:
– Verification and validation of Operational Procedures, Flight Control Procedures, Operational Handbooks, Spacecraft Simulator, TM/TC Database (SRDB):
* Creation and validation of Operational Procedures for the LCT (Laser Communication Terminal) and the DRPL (Data Relay Payload), taking into consideration ESA standards (ECSS, PUS), system requirements and concept of operations.
* Verification and validation of Operational products for the hosted payload Hylas-3 and NGRM and for the Thermal Control Subsystem (User Manuals, Operational Procedures)
– Interaction with system engineering, spacecraft prime contractor (OHB) and Operations Contractor (DLR)
– Support and participation to system and subsystem reviews
– Support of Operational Readiness Review
January 2015 – December 2016
GALILEO Spacecraft Operations Engineer for DHS, TTC and Payload
DLR-GfR (LSE Space GmbH)
Oberpfaffenhofen, Bayern, Germany
Preparation, validation and execution of operations related to the Data Handling, TTC and Payload subsystems of the GALILEO satellites (for IOV and FOC phases). Tasks in particular:
– Operations of Ground Systems and related equipment: monitoring and control of ground station remote elements (TTCFs) and application of first line contingency procedures and workarounds.
– Flight Operations Procedures (FOP) preparation and writing, validation, testing, result reporting
– Preparation of and participation in SVTs and simulations
– Test and validation of operational items like CSIM, ASW, ODB, SCCF, MOIS, MUST
– Participation in and provision of training (spacecraft subsystems, Ops tools, Ops concepts)
– Anomaly Resolutions handling (writing, action processing, support of review boards)
– Operations Support in control rooms (24/7 Shift support and On-call service)
– Support of routine, special and contingency operations during PF commissioning, IOT and routine phase
– Offline analysis of the subsystem performance
October 2013 – October 2014 Full-time Researcher OBC-TMTC, Mission Operations, (OBDH) On Board Data Handling Area, GSOC – DLR (German Space Operations Centre – Deutsche Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt)
Training on Mission Operations fundamentals, Mission System Software (SCOS2000, Satmon, MOIS), TeleMetry/TeleCommand, OBDH subsystem basic design knowledge. Projects: TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X, GRACE, TET.
Master Thesis in the OBC-TMTC area: it is intended to be an interface to link Mission Operations to the S/C Manufacturer within the delicate S/C development phase, with the scope to enhance S/C operability, make S/C operations friendly, efficient and less prone to contingencies during operations.
August 2013 – October 2013 Research Assistant Atmospheric Physic Institute – DLR (Deutsche Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt)
Full time research assistant working within the DELICAT project (DELICAT Web URL), DEmonstration of LIdar based Clear Air Turbulence detection. Tasks included: Support the specification of instrument parameters by analysis and visualization of aerosol data (as backscatter and extinction coefficients in the UV) that seriously impact on the measurements performance. Collection and data analysis of background aerosol conditions as support for the post-processing filtering process.
April 2013 – June 2013 Research Assistant IAPG (Institut für Astronomische und Physikalische Geodäsie) at Technische Universität München
Studying of the "Equation of the Sea Level" and analysing of the results gained after using ENVISAT and GRACE data of Antarctica as input. Further experiments performed on the algorithm to understand the reliability of the spacial resolution of the input data.
October 2012 – October 2014 Masters of Science MSc in Satellite Application Engineering - ESPACE - Earth Oriented Space Science and Technology - with focus in Earth Observation and GNSS Navigation (GPA 2.1 out of 5), Technische Universität München, München, Bayern (Germany)
Master Thesis: "The Mission Operations Handbook as guidance during the Space Segment development phase" at GSOC – DLR (German Space Operation Centre – Deutsche Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt.
Supervisor: Alessandro Codazzi, Spacecraft Operations Manager for the GALILEO Project at DLR GfR.
Description: Design of a Mission Operations Handbook grouping guidelines in the area of OBDH: it shall work as an interface to link Mission Operations to the S/C Manufacturer within the delicate spacecraft design phase, with the goal of enhancing the operability of a spacecraft, making it more efficient and less prone to contingencies during operations.
September 2005 – July 2012 Bachelor of Science BSc in Electrical Telecommunications Engineering, (final grade 98 out of 110), Univesità degli Studi de L’AQUILA, L’Aquila, Abruzzo (Italy)
Bachelor Thesis: "Industrial Communication Systems Protocols: focus on Profibus and DeviceNet and their evolution Profinet and EtherNet/IP" at Logic And Numeric System s.r.l (LAN-System web url. Supervisors: Giulio Quadrini, prof. Fortunato Santucci. Description: Internship and Bachelor thesis about industrial networks standards and protocols Profibus, Profinet, DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.