* From Feb 2013 --> Management Support Engineer for the particle accelerator FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research). GSI Helmholtzzentrum fuer Schwerionenforschung, Darmstadt, Germany.
FAIR is an international accelerator facility that will be ready for operation in 2021. Currently, the project is in phase B (Definition). I am a member of the Management Support Team reporting directly to the Project Manager of FAIR, focusing mainly on schedule and cost. I am also the liaison between the machines (accelerator) and the experiments to be installed at the particle accelerator. Tasks:
* Responsible for the coordination of the approximately 200 MS Project plans that define the accelerator. This involves an interface role between the machines, and between the whole system and the Project Manager. I must also supervise the experiment plans, to be linked to the accelerator.
* Preparation of reports and feedback for board/ministerial meetings.
* Supervision of the coupling between SAP and MS Project for cost controlling.
* Mar 2008 - Jan 2013 --> Information manager of the European Space Agency Gaia mission. European Space Agency (ESTEC), Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Gaia is a scientific mission that will be launched in October 2013. I was a member of the Project Scientist Team responsible for the liaison between the European Space Agency and the scientific community involved in Gaia and distributed all over Europe. I was involved in the mission during the phase C/D (Design and Development). Tasks:
* Support the Project Scientist in the organisation of the scientific community. This also involves participation in meetings and reviews, preparation of reports and feedback for meetings.
* Support the Gaia scientific community (which is in charge of developing the mission data reduction software) in the interaction between the different teams, ESA and Industry. This also involves coordinating all the tools that helped them to do their work (databases, wiki, website, distribution lists, repositories, bug debugging tool, documentation).
* Coordination of Gaia related outreach.
* Oct 2002 - Feb 2008 --> Project manager and Support astronomer of a NASA project. Instituto Nacional de Tecnica Aeroespacial (INTA), Madrid, Spain.
In the project we were making use of a 34m antenna located at the NASAs satellite tracking station in Madrid (MDSCC). As the project manager, I was the communication hub between all the parties involved in the project, responsible for budget, negotiation for funding, planning, etc. As a support astronomer I was in charge of setup and testing, characterisation of antenna parameters, software for the antenna control and data analysis and training courses on how to use the antenna.
* MSc in Astronomy and Astrophysics (2008), Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
* BSc Physics (2002), Universidad Auntonoma de Madrid, Spain.
* Computer Engineering Degree, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain.
* Spanish --> mother tongue
* English --> fluent
* German, French --> intermediate
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.