Senior IP Satellite Technician Jan 08 – Present, DRS Technical Services, Inc., Stuttgart, Germany
• Performed high level (expert) information technology operational and configuration tasks for broadband IP satellite service systems using iDirect hardware, Juniper IP routers and switches (equivalent to Cisco units), IP LAN/WAN networks, Wi-Fi, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and satellite teleport connectivity
• Satellite Network Operation Center technician supported U.S. Navy SPAWAR contract for over 1,000 MWR VSAT systems deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan supporting deployed military personnel
• Provided technical support to users and field technicians for IP voice and data network problem resolution
Iraq Regional Manager Oct 05 – Jan 08, DRS Technical Services, Inc., Baghdad, Iraq
• Technical Manager of seven Satellite Communication terminals for Multi-National Forces Iraq , MNFI, supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom
• Provided Iraq satellite support for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Project Contracting Office
• Engineered and configured SCPC, TDMA (iDirect), and DVB (Linkway) satellite links, provided technical project planning and implementation, resolved circuit issues
• Technical and engineering responsibility for baseband and application LAN services including VoIP, VTC, and office automation
TCF/SATCOM Technician Oct 03 – Oct 05, Spacelink International LLC, Baghdad, Iraq
• Provided Operations and maintenance support to the for Multi-National Forces Iraq , MNFI, Technical Control Facility and SATCOM terminals at the U.S. Embassy Complex in Baghdad, Iraq
• Maintained and troubleshot GBS satellite video networks, NET IDNX Multiplexers, Promina Equipment, FCC-100, and E1/T1 Multiplexers and various encryption equipment to include KG, KY, KIV and ancillaries
• Directed maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN terrestrial and satellite networks
Superintendent Deployable Communications Sept 02 – Oct 03, U.S. Air Force, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina
• Supervised 36 personnel and managed Network Systems, Telephone Switching, and Satellite and Microwave Communications work centers
• Deployed communications assets to support Air Force hazardous missions
• Installed secure base communications with worldwide satellite and LAN/WAN connectivity including commercial networking equipment and tools (Cisco)
• Led team providing communications support for Operation Iraqi Freedom by installing 2,500 VoIP telephones, over 2,000 LAN connections, 12 microwave LOS links, and seven satellite terminals
Network Engineer July 99 – Sept 02, U.S. Air Force, NATO Headquarters, Lisbon, Portugal
• Designed and implemented telecommunication projects for multinational Army, Navy, and Air Forces
• Engineered voice and data systems over satellite and terrestrial microwave for NATO
• Managed communications branch of PABX, satellite and microwave LOS Systems, and technical control facility
• Engineered new base exchange, replace PABX with VOIP, and SONET/SDH microwave radio network projects
Engineering & Installation Team Chief Feb 97 – July 99, U.S. Air Force, McClellan AFB, California
• Led teams to install and commission Air Force satellite communications facilities, radio systems, fiber optic networks, IDNX multiplexers, and LANs
• Led 25-person team on a $25M installation project of Osan AB (Republic of Korea) LAN comprised of 23 ATM switching nodes, 2 routers, and 97 Ethernet Switches; terminated 12,000 fiber optic connections, and connected 10,000 computer users in 97 facilities to a 100-mile fiber optic cable network
• Installed and commissioned $8M MILSTAR Satellite facility
Satellite Communications Manager Feb 93 – Feb 97, U.S. Air Force, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
• Supervised 10 person satellite communications work center
• Prepared operation and maintenance budgets, scheduled Pacific Air Forces tactical satellite missions, and evaluated communications units on operational readiness
• Engineered satellite hub connectivity for 260 tactical satellite missions with voice and data
• Supported Pacific and Special Operations Command strategic and tactical Triband and UHF satcom missions
Satellite Communications Manager Feb 89 – Feb 93, U.S. Air Force, New Boston AFS, New Hampshire
• Supervised 18 technical personnel
• Managed operation and maintenance for AN/FSC-78 heavy earth station facility
• Contract Quality Control Evaluator for USAF satellite control network
• Maintained antenna control systems, HPA's, up and down converters, PSK modulators, time and code division multiplexers, low noise amplifiers, using BER and fiber optic test sets; network, spectrum, and protocol analyzers; power, frequency, and voltage meters; signal and sweep generators; and BIT equipment
Satellite Communications Technician Feb 79 – Feb 89, U.S. Air Force, Robins AFB, Georgia; Patrick AFB, Florida; Camp Red Cloud, Korea
• Performed O&M on a variety of UHF tactical and Ku/Ka/X/C fixed satellite communications facilities
• Repaired equipment to component level
• Electronic Engineering Technology, AS., Community College of the Air Force, Completed 1991
• Management Information Systems, BS. Candidate, Excelsior College (two courses to complete) Training
• USAF Advanced Leadership and Management Development Course
• USAF Satellite Communications Operations and Maintenance Course
• USAF Engineering and Installation Project Leader Course
• iDirect Installation, Operation, and Maintenance Initial and Advanced Courses
• Cisco Certified Network Associate
• Fiber Optic Certification
• FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License
• Security Clearance: Secret /Previously held TS/SCI
• Veteran Honorably Discharged December 2003
References available upon request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.