Aerospace Engineer accomplished in delivering superior engineering analysis through leadership, high profile projects, operational support, while developing and directing an expanded aerospace & spaceflight knowledge base
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Extensive experience in flight operations, engineering analysis, system integration, human spaceflight, safety, realtime support and training coordination.
· Leadership experience with high-level projects that require achieving aggressive deadlines.
· Proven track record of developing real-time analytical evaluation in high-stress environments.
· Effective communicator & presenter of documents, reports, and technical engineering studies.
· I have a Standard Form 85P for Public Trust (with fingerprints) on file.
· Certified private pilot – Visual Flight Rules.
· Multiple Engineer Grade promotions.
VIRGIN GALACTIC Mojave, CA & Las Cruces, NM
Spaceflight Safety Assurance Officer 2011-2013
Ensured a safe spaceflight experience for a commercial spaceflight company. Responsible for setting up safety, risk, and operational policies.
· Developed & implemented company safety risk policies.
· Contributed to FAA Commercial Space License application by authoring emergency response policy & strategies, safety management system development, and review of other safety items embedded within application.
· Served on the SpaceShip2 cabin interior development team as sole safety representative & subject matter expert on zero-g behaviors.
· Provide risk assessments & mitigations through the creation of mission flight rules & hazard report analysis.
· Functions as a key member in creating & sustaining a healthy safety culture.
SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL CORP (SAIC) Houston, TX
Senior Spacewalk Operations Safety Engineer 2009–2011
Responsible for Extra-Vehicular Activity, or spacewalk, operational safety & mission assurance. Evaluation and risk analysis of orbital spaceflight under NASA Safety & Mission Assurance contract.
· Develops operational safety evaluation of procedures, flight rules, program methodology, and hardware modification risk evaluation. Contribute to flight technique panels and change boards.
· Provide real-time support of spacewalk activities in the Mission Evaluation/Engineering Support Room of the Mission Control Center.
· Integrate multiple system safety disciplines into comprehensive analyses.
· Acts as Flight Lead for spacewalk activities on space shuttle/space station flights, for mission support in the Mission Control Center. This is the second earned Mission Control Center certification.
· Functions as a lead Training Coordinator. Revises and updates training & certification guides for mission support engineers & shift leaders for real-time mission support at the Extra-Vehicular Activity Safety Console within the Mission Control Center. Ensure proper agreement with the Safety & Mission Assurance contract’s Personal Qualification Program. Acts as a training mentor for other safety engineering personnel that requests cross-training.
· Continues the shift leader certification & operational eligibility to work in Space Shuttle Operational Safety function in the Mission Evaluation/Engineering Support Room of the Mission Control Center.
SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL CORP (SAIC) Houston, TX
Space Shuttle Flight Operations Safety Engineer 2000–2009
Space Shuttle operational safety & mission assurance evaluation and risk analysis for ascent, orbit, entry & abort phases of shuttle flight under the Safety & Mission Assurance contract.
· Named prime point of contact for all entry & landing phases of shuttle flight. Duties include operational safety evaluation of procedures, flight rules, program methodology, hardware modification and software updates. Contributed to flight technique panels and change boards.
· Provided realtime support of space shuttle flights in the Mission Evaluation/Engineering Support Room of the Mission Control Center as a Flight Lead and Shuttle Safety Console coordinator.
· Functioned as a lead Training Coordinator. Created and delegated training topics in the certification of mission support engineers & shift leaders for real-time mission support at the Space Shuttle Safety Console within the Mission Control Center. Maintained training records, scheduled training sessions, and assigned training topics.
· Selected as a Lead Safety representative for the Landing Operations Support Panel. Responsible for technical review process for shuttle orbiter landing support techniques, support facilities, and landing site operations.
· Served as Launch Commit Criteria Working Group voting member. Became Safety representative with voting authority for the entire safety community. Acted within the review process of all the technical criteria rules of launching the Space Shuttle Orbiter.
· Reviewed initial design of multiple operational requirement documents under the Constellation Program.
LOCKHEED MARTIN SPACE OPERATIONS Houston, TX
Aerospace Engineer 1997-2000
Operational and engineering analysis of flight control systems of Space Shuttle Ascent, Abort, Entry & Landing phases of flight, for the Science Engineering, Analysis & Test Contract for NASA – Johnson Space Center.
· Participated in engineering support team of each Vertical Motion Simulator Shuttle landing studies and crew training simulation at NASA Ames Research Center.
· Developed ideas and executed engineering analysis for recommendations to the Space Shuttle Abort Improvement Team.
· Lead the engineering team that generated baseline shuttle abort data for the Vehicle Abort Capability assessment.
· Functioned as primary department engineer for Shuttle Contingency Aborts.
· Briefed astronaut crews on abort survivability with flight vehicles with challenging weight & balance properties.
· Selected as prime point of contact for the forward cockpit of the Shuttle Engineering Simulator. Collaborated and troubleshot with customers and internal colleagues regarding all forward cockpit hardware & software troubleshooting, real-time simulation operation, scheduling, glass cockpit development, software & hardware implementation, integration and verification.
Miami University Oxford, OH
Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics
American University of Paris
Conversant in French and Spanish.
Fred Pryor Seminar Series:
· Managing Emotions Under Pressure
· Coaching Skills for Managers & Supervisors
SAIC Leadership Training
National Transportation Safety Board – Training Center:
Aircraft Accident Investigation for Aviation Professionals
Hardware: Desktops & laptops, Silicon Graphics servers, networked workstations, digital voice intercommunication devices
Software: Windows, Microsoft Office suite, various Microsoft tools, UNIX, FORTRAN, HTML
Aerospace engineering, realtime fight support, simulation, analysis, test, aircraft, presentations, general aviation, municipal airport, flight school, corporate jet, helicopter, customer, Standard Form 85P
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.