KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS
Installation, Management, Maintenance and Deconstruction of:
- Satellite Communications
- Data Communications
- Network Administration
- Voice Networks
- RF Connectivity
- Video Tele Conferencing
- WANs and LANs
- Various networking including Cisco products
- RAF Leadership Course
- Passport ATM
- Windows 2003 Server Administration
- Nortel Meridian PABX
- Paradigm V-SAT Course
- Paradigm Reacher Course
- SCOT 5 Maritime Antenna Course
- Paradigm Maritime Baseband Course
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
NVQ Level 3: Electronic Engineering (2008)
BTEC Level 3: Electronic Engineering (2005)
3 A-Levels: English, Photography and History (2002)
11 GCSEs: Including English and Mathematics (2000)
Training Courses: Portable Appliance Tester Certified, Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Working at Heights, Banksman and First Aid. CONDO Trained
In-house Training: Qualified certified to carry out 17th Edition on Reacher Terminals.
Ongoing: Juniper JNCIA Course attended. Currently studying for exam.
A dedicated and enthusiastic professional who has acquired strong technical and problem solving capabilities through extensive qualifications and experience in the installation, maintenance, management and support of I.T. and communication systems. Able to demonstrate high standards of personal integrity and reliability, having handled highly sensitive information on behalf of the Royal Air Force and Astrium. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate concisely and articulately at all levels. Enjoys being part of a successful and productive team and thrives in highly pressurised and challenging working environments.
Oct 10 - Present Astrium GC (Maritime-Based)
- Customer facing company representative with the end-to-end testing and integration of the MOD SkyNet5 Satellite communications system.
- Overseeing the integration of system elements within in the system realisation, utilising ATM, VoIP, FTP, TCP/IP & Serial Services through a DC2K secure network.
- Co-ordinating trials, verification plans and test scenarios.
- Presenting to the MOD and MCTA in the form of a NWHT, the end-to-end communications system (baseband, modem, RF, crypto security)
- End-to-end network management system integration (management architecture, protocols, security)
- End-to-end network performance testing (capacity, QoS performance & functionality)
- Creation of system test strategy development and validation, verification and test plan documentation in consultation with MCTA (STW & NWHT Documentation).
- Life-cycle of project equipment dealing with the sparing, redundancy and obsolesce issues.
- The approval of subcontract test phases
- Access to various MOD/Civilian dockyards.
- On call support – including support rota and onboard support visits to ships in and out of the country. Several trips to Dubai, Oman and the Caribbean to deliver support rectification to the customer.
Dec 08 - Oct 10 Astrium GC (Reacher Ground-based)
- Systems Engineer working on Project REACHER. System testing and periodic maintenance to the complete range of REACHER terminals.
- Liaising with Satellite Ground Station personnel in the engineering of satellite ground terminals in preparation for delivery to the Military for service on operations and UK.
- Working on Ku-Band Satcom systems providing support within the Skynet5 support to MOD in various areas of Operations.
- Field visits to the customer to repair equipment and ensure the support provided is of excellent quality.
- Numerous trips to Afghanistan to provide six monthly maintenance and support to the client.
- Working with RF Subsystems, configuration of TCP/IP networking, MS Windows Servers and satellite equipment which is based on vehicle platforms providing a range of voice and data communications, including fibre maintenance, Datacrypter 2000, Cisco routers, EVP, TVG and Passport (Baseband configuration).
- Good communication and diplomatic skills with Managers and other internal departments in meeting deadlines which are vital to ensure teamwork and deadlines to ensure delivery of REACHER systems to the customer.
- Handling and securing of cryptographic material on a daily basis and ensuring that all procedures are adhered to in accordance with JSP 440.
2004 - 2008 Communications Information Systems (CIS) Technician, RAF Brize Norton
- Providing a prompt and appropriate response to problems and faults and maintaining accurate records of incidents.
- Carried out preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance with manufacturers procedures so that any latent problems may be dealt with pre-emptively.
- Responsible for installing and commissioning rear link networks (satellite communications) for connectivity back to the UK.
- First/Second line maintenance of satellite equipment including antennas, tracking and control systems, modems, up/down converters and RF power amplifiers.
- First/Second line maintenance of communication information equipment including VSAT satellite, 503 satellite terminal(X-band), 501 satellite terminal, NERA World Communicator terminal, Deployable LAN, Deployable PABX, RAF CCIS (command and control infrastructure system), RTTS (RAF transportable telephone system), 4000/6000 series passport and meridian exchanges.
- Designed, built and maintained voice and data networks for internal and external airfield communications which included flood wiring buildings with copper and fibre optical cabling.
- Have installed and commissioned Windows 2000 workstations and 2003 servers, for more than 200 users.
- Utilised RF transmitters and receivers for cross-site LOS communications.
- Usage of many types of encryption devices to provide secure voice and data networks.
- Worked as part of a team which successfully trialled the interoperability of United States military communication equipment with our own British equipment.
- – 2004 Trainee CIS Technician, RAF Cosford
- Successfully completing an intensive course in Electronic Communication encompassing:
- Digital and Analogue principles
- Radio principles
- Radar principles
- PC maintenance and programming
- Networking (switches and routers etc.)
- Copper and Fibre Optic cable manufacture
- Fault Finding and Test Equipment Techniques
- Working at heights
- Equal opportunities
- Health and safety procedures
Driving Licence: Full/Clean
Other: Security Clearance (active in current role)
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Currently include: Football, Hockey, Personal Fitness, Music, Reading and Socialising.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.