Senior professional with outstanding experience within the satellite, mobile and media communications industry. A high degree of commercial acumen and entrepreneurial flair together with strong leadership and business development experience. A highly adaptable individual offering significant cross functional management experience, strong troubleshooting skills and a proven ability to identify new opportunities, foster strategic partnerships and create and implement innovative solutions aligned to business objectives and market and customer needs.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE _____________________________________
• Senior Professional. Expert knowledge and in-depth experience of the mobile and satellite communications, IT and media industries. International / Multi Cultural experience. Extensive experience of living and working in Europe and with further experience of managing multi-national teams.
• Business Development. Proven ability to develop new sales opportunities and achieve aggressive revenue and business growth targets with fully P&L responsibility.
• Stakeholder Management. Collaborates effectively with senior managers, partners and colleagues to ensure a successful outcome for client projects.
• Professional Services Management. Hands-on experience of developing and managing a wide portfolio of satellite and telecommunication industry related products and services.
• Bid / Solutions Management. Proven ability to develop and implement technical and business solutions as part of the pre-sales phase and responding to formal RFP / RFQs.
• Motivated Leadership. Focused leadership of multi-disciplined, local and remote teams providing mentoring, coaching and performance management.
• Drive. An exceptional work ethic, industry knowledge, approachability and the ability to “get the job done” by focusing on priority tasks and project delivery.
• Communication. Proven ability to communicate effectively on both business and technology issues. The effective interface between business and technology.
• Qualified. A university’s Degree in Electronics (Masters equivalent) from the university of Duisburg in Germany. Electronics Diploma with a focus on information technology.
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS _____________________________________
• As Senior Business Development Officer with Solaris Mobile, signed an agreement with a leading Italian media group for the usage of the Solaris Mobile satellite and terrestrial network with a forecast revenue stream of €70 million to €80 million over a 12 year period. Then management of the customer relationship and after-sales project management activities.
• Developed the Solaris Mobile satellite service portfolio providing a comprehensive and market leading portfolio of products and services (based on Eutelsat 10A satellite) and offering a range of satellite services encompassing: Voice, M2M, Paging, Location Based Services and Smart Metering.
• As Global Account Manager and Product Line Manager at Nagravision, defined and released the DVB-H/SH product portfolio which was subsequently sold to three major European customers over the period 2008/2009 and which accounted for revenues of €3.4 million Euros.
• Management and P&L responsible for the Openwave System’s EMEA Vodafone service operation with an annual revenue of €4 million Euros.
Employment History _____________________________________
May 2010 – Present Senior Business Development Officer Solaris Mobile Ltd
Irish based satellite operation start-up and joint venture with SES and Eutelsat
• Appointed to this role as a key member of the senior management team reporting directly to the CEO.
• Defined and developed the Solaris portfolio covering a wide range of satellite based products and services.
• Led sales & business development activities including representing the company at industry events and media (e.g. PMR Expo)
• Signed an agreement with a leading Italian media group for the usage of the Solaris Mobile satellite and terrestrial network with a forecast revenue stream of 70 to 80 Million Euros over 12 years.
• Collected the necessary terminal and service portfolio to enable the use of S-band for broadband and wideband communication services over satellite and terrestrial radio networks.
• Lead project management for all major activities in Solaris Mobile
• Identified potential partners for S-band mobile broadband provision in key EU markets.
May 2007 –May 2010 Global Account Manager and Product Line Manager - Mobile Nagravision SA
Swiss based international mobile TV solutions provider and part of the Kudelski Group
• Managed worldwide product sales for Mobile TV e.g. 3GPP streaming DVB-H/SH-CAS and OMA BCAST solutions.
• Provided full product line management for the Nagravision product portfolio.
• Managed key partner relationships with organisations such as AlcatelLucent, Thomson and Huawei.
• Defined and released the CAS product portfolio, which was sold to 3 Nagravision DVB-H customers.
• Achieved revenues for these projects of 3.4 Million Euros.
• Defined the company’s future Mobile TV strategy and repositioned the business as an end-to-end solution provider by adding additional group and 3rd party products to the portfolio.
• Managed prototype developments for the new strategy on I-Phone, Symbian and Windows Mobile platforms in partnership with a 3rd party supplier.
October 2003 – April 2007 Senior Manager of EMEA – Vodafone Openwave Systems Inc
A US based software product and Services Company with 1300 employees
• Reported directly to the Vice President EMEA Services with full P&L responsibility.
• Acted as Account Manager for Vodafone D2 and Swisscom Mobile as well as Channel Management for the relationship Cap Gemini.
• Took on a customer facing role as Services Sales Manager for Vodafone operations in Europe.
• Managed a professional services team including project managers, consulting architects and consultants.
• Drove Business Development activities towards all German Vodafone Global operations.
• Provided technical Pre-Sales support for all Vodafone Group wide projects
• Managed the technical aspects of the formal responses to global and local RFQs and RFPs.
• Coordinated multi-national product user groups and undertook solution design of new products.
• Executed trial projects with a focus on the Openwave Messaging portfolio.
• Nominated into the internal Openwave manager development program.
August 2000 – October 2003 Manager Global Solutions Ericsson GmbH
Swedish telecommunications business with global footprint
• Focussed on the Ericsson messaging and new media applications business
• Held customer solution design responsibility for the MMS-C and Media Streaming offering to the Vodafone Group throughout every phase of pre-sales.
• Led the technical RFQ response team for MMS and Media Steaming.
• Undertook Business Case calculations prior to the introduction of new services.
11/97-08/00 Product Marketing Manager, Mobility Ericsson AB
02/95-11/97 Software Designer Ericsson AB
RELEVANT EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION
1995 Diploma Degree in Electronics (Masters Equivalent) University of Duisburg, Germany
Nationality: German National
Languages: Native German, fluent English
References: Available on request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.