2003 ～ 2006 Physics BSc (Honours),
Department of Physics and Astronomy, the
· Expected result – 2:1
· Relevant modules – Nuclear Physics, Atoms and Nuclei, Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Thermal Physics of Bose and Fermi gases, Thermal & Statistical Physics, Wave optics, Maths
· I have been taking Japanese language modules throughout the 3 years of my degree.
· Data Analysis module and three years of applying this knowledge in the lab has given me excellent analytical skills. In the Laboratory I have also developed strong team-working skills.
· Career management workshops taught me how to give good presentations and how to negotiate.
· I am currently writing my Dissertation, “Finding the Higgs Boson using the Large Hadron Collider” which is developing my independent scientific research ability.
2001 ～ 2003 A-levels Beckfoot school, Bingley
· Maths (A-level) – grade B
· Physics (A-level) – grade B
· Biology (A-level) – grade B
· General studies (A-level) – grade B
· Art (AS-level) – grade B
1998 ～ 2001 GCSE Beckfoot school, Bingley
· 10 GCSEs (C or above) including Maths, Science and English
2006 Student Associate
I passed both application and interview stages to enter this competitive two-week scheme, designed to give students the opportunity to develop new and invaluable skills and experience through working in a school alongside experienced teachers as well as to obtain an insight into the teaching profession.
· week 1 – I observed lessons and learning-review meetings, worked with individuals and small groups of pupils and helped classes to perform practical science experiments.
· week 2 – I will help out at an after-school Maths revision session and present part of a lesson.
After passing interviews, myself and 38 other students from 15 universities in 5 different countries around the world participated in this programme designed to give students of Japanese the opportunity to go to
· week 1 – consisted of language lessons, culture lectures and group discussions.
· week 2 – I worked in a group on a project and presented our results to the rest of the students at the end. I also stayed with a Japanese family and visited lots of interesting places in
· Computing – I studied programming in C++ as part of my degree and I have extensive experience with Microsoft office as well as versatile graph plotting programs such as LSQ & Matlab.
· Technical – I have gained skills in the manipulation and interpretation of data and experiments from the hours spent working in the laboratory. For my dissertation I have to independently use my scientific knowledge to research and write a report on a very recent scientific development.
· Problem-solving – I regularly arrange role-playing games as part of Warped society which involve lots of strategy and effective dealing with difficult situations.
· Language & Interpersonal – I have been studying Japanese for 3 years and frequently meet up with new Japanese students to exchange languages. I also regularly get out and socialise at both Warped and Japanese Animation societies.
· Team-working – On the programme in
· Leadership skills – On the Student associate scheme I worked with small groups of pupils helping them to understand the lesson and encouraging them to work in a team.
ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Japanimation society – In this society I have been regularly meeting-up for 3 years at the student union to watch Japanese animation. This is also a chance for me to practise listening to Japanese.
Tai chi society – For the past year I have been regularly practising the martial art of, Tai Chi. I am interested in the philosophy behind Tai Chi as well as keeping myself fit and healthy.
References: Available on request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.