Engineering Professional with extensive experience in exploration of development pathways that lead to successful and robust test environments for system verification. Expertise in application-side embedded system development, deriving application requirements and assembling the aggregate into an integrated unit. Background includes mission planning, development and testing and guidance/attitude dynamics within aerospace and electronics firms. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret DoD.
Master of Science – Astrodynamics- University of Colorado, Boulder 1991
Bachelor of Science – Aerospace Engineering - University of Colorado, Boulder 1988
Undergraduate Pilot; Trained in T-41’s and T-37’s
United States Air Force Scholarship – Pilot/Technical- Honorable discharge
Lackland AFB, Del Rio, TX
Training and Certifications
Security Custodian for Satellite Test Bed; Electro-Static Discharge
C, FORTRAN, Python, Unix, Vxworks, MathCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, QPlot, DVDraw, VersaCAD, XSIM, XTSF, XTOP, DSATS, JBuilder, Eclipse
Mission Planning: Orbital transfer trajectories, rendezvous and intercept maneuvers, and special orbits: Sun synchronous, Polar, Gravity Assist, etc.
Guidance, Attitude Dynamics: Satellite position employing radar tracking for orbit determination; vehicle attitude utilizing on-board sensors and effectors.
Fields of Study
Amateur Observational Astronomy, Astrophysics, Earth Climate, Model Rocketry
American Institute of Aerospace and Astronautics
Award for technical research paper:
“The Effect of a Ground-based inversion Layer on an Impacting Microburst”
NORTHROP GRUMMAN INTEGRATED SYSTEMS, Rancho Bernardo,CA 2009 - 2013
Systems Engineer 4 - NAVY X47-B UNMANNED COMBAT AIR SYSTEM
· Generate lab Hardware-in-the-loop test procedures and test scripts, support Responsible Engineer performing FQT subsystem validation.
· Troubleshoot hardware-software integration.
· Support first flight operations.
NORTHROP GRUMMAN SPACE TECHNOLOGY, Redondo Beach,CA 2006 - 2008
Attitude Control System Integration &Test Engineering Lead - NPOESS, JWST, ATP
· Generate system-level ACS functional test procedures and test scripts, tracing complete functional threads used to verify requirements in a I&T environment.
· Prepare ACS test plans and EGSE requirements, providing test point criteria needed to access subsystem electrical hardware.
· Support test set development tasks: procedure writing/performance, producing commonality and robust, automated testing.
· Provide inputs to I&T test plans, protecting flight hardware and test personnel.
NORTHROP GRUMMAN MISSION SYSTEMS, Manhattan Beach, CA 2004 - 2006
Software Test Engineer - AEHF: Security Equipment Computer
Formally proved software meets all levied requirements pertaining to Key Management.
· Supported SEC Software. Reviewed SEC Use Cases, Courses of Action, and ICD.
· Validated Test Verification Matrix to ensure Requirement coverage.
· Executed FQT tests and analyzed test output. Documented discrepancies and problems. Created and updated test procedures based on enhanced domain knowledge.
NORTHROP GRUMMAN INTEGRATED SYSTEMS, El Segundo, CA 2003 - 2004
Systems Engineer F-35 Man-in-the-Loop Testing
Established aircraft performance in simulated combat scenarios with human controllers
· Supported simulation applications for F-35 systems with scenario analysis, utility analysis, metrics analysis, problem space definition, and technical feasibility assessments.
· Supported long-term build developments of simulation requirements (F-35, threats, targets, environment, and data collection). Researched and developed ID Fusion, MADL, AVSIM Radar, and Track Fusion.
· Provided experience for real time model development.
THE BOEING COMPANY, Seal Beach, CA 1997 - 2002
Systems Engineer / Real Time Embedded Math Modeler
Created a simulated space vehicle providing high fidelity sensor inputs and dynamic effector feedbacks; coded real-time software/hardware for signal generation testing of embedded satellite control laws.
· Collected math model requirements for the GPSIIF subsystems; coding requirements in C (VxWorks / UNIX environment) on an embedded processor.
· Integrated math models together for satellite simulation, communicating I/O with flight hardware via serial, discrete, analog, 1553 hardware driver boards in a real-time environment.
· Supported FQT with vehicle scenario runs including failure inject, anomaly resolution, and performance verification.
Meade Instruments Corporation, Irvine, CA 1992 - 1997
Design Engineer / Programmer
Designed the mechanical components, the electrical-mechanical interface, and the aluminum cast parts for computer-automated telescopes (LX2OO, Magellan, LXD450).
· Completed C programming development for the computer-controlled telescopes, eliminating sole source contractor and allowing on-time production.
· Designed and implemented the “Two-Star Alignment” method for the computer-controlled telescope that automatically calculates relative latitude and sidereal time for an observer’s location from only two stellar position measurements.
Devised the “High-Precision Pointing” algorithm, improving tracking accuracy to less than 10 arc seconds.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.