Degreed professional with 20+ years high-quality, real-time software engineering experience. Skilled at developing, analyzing, and testing both new C++ and legacy systems. Ability to quickly learn new tools, languages and environments. Effective in managing multiple priority tasks and completing work on schedule with very high quality. Experienced in software process improvement and coordination. Excellent communication and leadership skills.
* Complex Problem Solving
* Systems Analysis
* Quality Analysis & Improvement
* Critical Thinking
* Dynamic Schedules/Priorities
* Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
* Green Hills Integrity
* Rational Synergy
* LDRA Testbed
* Red Hat Linux
* Borland C++ Builder
* Wind River SIMICS
Orion/MPCV Flight Software 2011 – 2012
United Space Alliance (USA) Houston, Texas
Software Engineer, Unit Test & Verification
- Performed unit testing of complex, object-oriented C++ code using LDRA Testbed tool suite in a dynamic environment. Interpreted a unique set of requirements and standards and analyzed design (Rhapsody/UML) and C++ code implementation to determine testing approach and method.
- Verified spacecraft event sequencing software using custom simulator in Red Hat Linux and Trick simulation environments. Designed and executed tests in a rapidly evolving environment with various system constraints.
Space Shuttle Primary Avionics Software System 1985 – 2011
IBM, Loral Aerospace, Lockheed/Martin, USA Houston, Texas
Software Engineer, Guidance, Navigation & Control Development
- Analyzed and interpreted requirements, estimated cost, designed, coded and tested enhancements to guidance, navigation and control applications. Principal area of expertise was complex spacecraft sequencing software.
- Performed troubleshooting and analyzed issues and anomalies with GNC applications. Synthesized and communicated analysis and recommended solutions. Also performed causal analysis and recommended corrective actions to the appropriate process within the software lifecycle.
- Programmed in C++, using object-oriented programming techniques, to create a tool to aid in analysis of flight software. This was a path finding task that required tapping outside resources, as well as obtaining budget support from management. Interfaced with an Oracle database via SQL and coordinated with database developers and administrators.
- Performed operational customer support in the Mission Evaluation Room, part of MCC, during launch, ascent and orbit.
- Developed and tested real-time updates to code, which required extremely short response time and were crucial to ensuring operational success for the customer.lso ncluded all phases of flight, but primary focus was on launch and ascent/abort.
- Organized and simplified anomaly analysis from entire GNC application department in order to communicate the information to the software discrepancy control board, both internally and to the NASA customer.
Space Shuttle Primary Avionics Software System 1993 – 2011
IBM, Loral Aerospace, Lockheed/Martin, USA Houston, Texas
Design / Code Inspection Coordination
- Led a process improvement team that consistently met or exceeded early error detection goal of 80%. Analyzed issues submitted by project personnel to determine applicability to the process within the software lifecycle, and take corrective action when appropriate.
- Trained and supervised team of 20+ inspection moderators. Incorporated both classroom training and a mentoring program for new moderators.
- Analyzed process and product quality data to determine process effectiveness. Collaborated with upper management and the chief engineer’s office to optimize the process.
- Addressed input from Software Quality Assurance personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable standards.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- NASA Space Flight Awareness Honoree, STS-50.
- NASA Space Flight Awareness Team Award.
- USA Employee of the Month Award, Teamwork, three times.
- Organizational award for Inspection Process Leadership.
- LMSIS (Lockheed/Martin) Achievement Award.
B.A. in Mathematics, with a Concentration in Computer Science
San Jose State University San Jose, California
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.