Foreign Languages: French
Ratings: Private Pilot
Persistent, proficient, innovative systems/test engineer to investigate, define, troubleshoot, document, and manage large-scale aerospace and related systems, proposals and programs quickly and efficiently.
Key Skills & Competencies
· Technical Proposal Development & Management, Subcontracts Support
· Engineering Conceptual Design
· Concept of Operations (Conops)
· Functional Decomposition
· Requirements Definition, Flow-down & Traceability
· Detailed Design
· Verification & Validation
· Systems Integration & Test
· Operations & Maintenance
· Safety and Mission Assurance
· Hazard Mitigation & Control
· Procedures & Documentation
Computers and IT: MSOffice, EASE, Sharepoint, Lotus Notes, CRADLE, ProBidder/ProPricer, STELLA, FileMaker Pro, Access, LMC WBOE, ProjectLink. Clearance: Secret, recently inactive
· Overcame 3-month export backlog by converting a personal daily DECA (Designated Export Control Administrator) log into structured attachment review guidelines for each specific type of export document, giving all Orbital DECAs uniform, defendable decision criteria to use during their export review process.
· Led engineering team that rebuilt requirements and verifications set for the Orbital Commercial Orbital Transportation System (COTS) program from multiple NASA, internal docs, draft specs, tech reviews into NASA-specified CRADLE database system. Published systems specs from CRADLE as proof of success.
· Developed hands-on, fully costed, step-by-step Shuttle Orbiter Wear-Out and Re-Certification plan to track wear, maintain, and double mission life, avoiding bunched system EOL while saving over $0.5B over replacement cost per Orbiter vehicle, and preserving US manned launch capability during ISS construction.
Orbital Sciences Corporation, Dulles, VA 2007-2013
· Assistant Chief DECA: Process 3000+ exports; create customized, structured export review guides and tools; provide inputs for revised U.S. Depts. of State and Commerce rules (78 Fed. Reg. 40892 & 40922).
· Cygnus Safety & Mission Assurance: Collect verification data on open Hazards, Controls; process Engineering Change Notices, Design Change Notifications, Change Requests, etc.
· GEO Customer Support Office: Update GEO satellite procedures, process ECNs, SDRLs, etc.
· Cygnus Mass Simulator: Derive requirements by subsystem and mission operations.
· COTS RID-AI System Manager: Upgrade & document COTS RID-AI Sharepoint system. Manage staff in real-time RID-AI closure, permitting successful CDR, TRRs, VBRs, SCDR etc. milestone payments.
· COTS CRADLE Requirements DBS & Specs Publishing: Develop COTS requirements from NASA, internal docs, draft specs, & tech review sources into fully-inter-related CRADLE DBS. Re-publish COTS specs. Populate verifications and link to AITD events. Effect COTS/CRS Tiger Teams. Generate Change Notices (RCNs) to resolve open issues, correct rollups, orphans, and other errors in the DBS. Generate and close Verification Closure Notices (VCNs).
· SASSA Proposal Manager: Phase 2 FPR to USAF SMC. Staffing, scheduling, rewriting, delivery.
· Orion LAS (Launch Abort System): Realignment II Change Manager, ProE/Wildfire ROM proposal prep: requirements synthesis, evaluations, reporting; offsite customer support: kickoffs, fact finding, reviews, Alpha Contracting; submittals production & delivery, assumptions & ground rules, action items, discontinuities, presentations & overviews.
Christian Faith & Fellowship School, Ashburn, VA 2005-2007
Develop/field IT strategic plan & curriculum; instruct 350+ students & faculty.
KellySoft, Leesburg, VA 1993-2005
Sole Proprietor, DBS development, computer T/S for GSA, DoS, NGOs, NPOs, schools, Help Desks
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA 1988-1993
Chief Technologist, Telerobotics @NASA HQ, Washington, DC
Originate telerobotics program plans for International Space Station Freedom (ISS) design changes. Manage over $1.4M Code MT telerobotics task funding. Develop and review NASA ISS and International Partners’ telerobotics requirements, activities, and long-range technology development plans. Visit all NASA-sponsored robotics labs & sites, evaluate project progress, present regular Director-level reviews for program justification.
Deputy Technical Manager, Telerobotics @JPL
Coordinate and manage cooperative research efforts for Space Telerobotics core research.Coordinate multi-center tasks into a joint robotics control system architecture. Plan robotic depot-level heavy airlifter maintenance. Build Telerobotics-EVA Joint Analysis System (TEJAS) tool for mission planning and inter-center communications.
University of Texas at Arlington Research Institute, Arlington, TX 1987-1988
· Space Technologist: Investigate patented Portable Electron Beam Welder for on-orbit pipe welding; manage Space Station and aircraft production program planning.
Rockwell International, Inc. Houston, TX Downey, CA 1979-1987
· Project Supervisor, Reliability & Safety, Space Transportation Systems Division, Downey, CA
· Flight Operations Analyst, Space Station Systems Division, Downey, CA
· Analyst, Space Transportation Systems Division, Downey, CA
· Integration Systems Engineer, Shuttle Test Division, NASA JSC
Stevens Inst. of Technology, Hoboken, NJ - Space Systems Engineering M.S. (expected 2014)
University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX - Coursework inRobotics, AI, product/project planning
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA - M.S. Aerospace Engineering
University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX - M.S. Physical Science (Astrophysics)
Rice University, Houston, TX - B.A. Physics (Space Physics)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.