GMV Aerospace and Defence, S.A.
Project Engineer, Payload Data Segment Division, inside the Science and Earth Observing Processing Systems Unit:
¡ S-EIPS-GPP Project:SEOSAT/Ingenio End to End Image Performance Simulator & GPP:
- Data Processing Model of the L1a and L1b1 Seosat levels, which include: data extraction from L0 products, radiometric calibration and corrections, image equalization, denoising and deconvolution algorithms.
- Development, validation and unit testing of the L1a and L1b1 Seosat levels.
- Integration of the L1a and L1b1 levels.
- Revision of the System Test definition
- Meetings with CDTI, ESA and CASA Spacio in order to review Seosat prototype for CDR purposes.
¡ SMOSL1 Project:SMOS L1 operational processor development and validation:
- New algorithms design, implementation and validation.
- Design, development and validation of NIR-External Calibration module inside the SMOS Level 1 processor responsible for computing NIR parameters calibration: This module calibrates Noise Injection Radiometer (NIR) antennas, responsible for the measurement of the noise injection temperature inside the SMOS calibration module. For this propose SMOS works in different modes looking at cold sky (external). SMOS L1OP NIR-External Calibration module identifies that kind of measurements and computes the specific parameters which are store in a specific SMOS calibration product.
- Run and update common tests cases already defined and update end to end test cases.
- Design and create new test cases in order to validate new functionalities, taking into account the different processor configurations and algorithm dependencies.
- Analyse and control L1 prototype processor different versions and investigate differences between L1OP and L1PP. Report prototype processor bugs to the L1PP team if necessary.
- SMOS L1 operational processor cross-validations against SMOS prototype: cross-validation meetings with the SMOS prototype team in order to run and debug operational and prototype parallel to deeply study both behaviours, find PRs and discuss differences found.
- Provide new validation procedures in case L1 prototype is not applicable.
- Design and implement new functionalities agreed in commissioning phase.
- Provide validation reports to ESA during all the different SMOS L1OP validation phases.
- SMOS L1OP support to the operations center about the different data and behaviour expected from the different L1OP and L1PP versions. As well as L1OP configurations usage.
- L1 processor maintenance and configuration control: control of different SMOS L1OP versions and documents, PR management, CFI installation, provide deliveries and documentation, and keep processor agreed with SMOS product schemas and product specifications.
- Technologies used: OS: Linux; Languages: C/C++, Matlab, shell scripting, CVS
¡ SMOS Maintenance: PR analysis, resolution and maintenance of all the next SMOS GMV subsystems:
- SMOS L0: SMOS L0 processor. Technologies used C++.
- SCoT (SMOS comparison tool): matlab procedures and GUI developed by GMV which provide comparison and statistic plots between different SMOS L1 products (telemetry, calibration and science) in order to help validation procedures. Technologies used: Matlab.
- SPQC (Systematic quality control on SMOS products): SMOS subsystem which performs quality checks on SMOS products and keep SPQC data base updated with the results. Technologies used: SQL and Java.
- MFS (SMOS Monitoring Facility Specific Functions): set of functionalities that generate reports from telemetry, calibration and science products in order to monitor the performance of the SMOS instrumentation, help in the calibration tasks and assess the quality of the products. Technologies used: IDL.
¡ SMOSCP34 Project: Development of the L3 SMOS Expert Center Tools to be used by the Expert Center (UPC) in order to study SMOS data.
- Data extraction from SMOS L3 products to HDF and ASCII format.
- L3 Analysis Report tool: Tool for SMOS L3 data study consisting in a configurable GUI which permits the statistical analysis of (single and several) L3 data products and its behaviour through time.
- GUIs development and design: graphical user interfaces in order to automate SMOS L3 tools previously computed in C++.
- Technologies used: Linux, Java, Java SWT, C/C++, Eclipse, Netbeans.
Nov 07 – March 08
Junior Consultant, “Telefónica Móviles España”
¡ Control de Consumo de Datos (COCO) Project. System responsible of controlling mobile phone clients consume and manage actions depending on the consume control required by the specific client.
¡ Languages: C/C++, SQL, Pro*C
¡ Platform: UNIX
Feb 06 – August 06
School of Informatics, University of Wales (Bangor)
Research Student, (Socrates/Erasmus Programme)
¡ Study of “Memory Devices Made of Polymer Materials”
¡ Functions: make devices and measure and study its characteristics
MSc in Physics from the University of Valladolid (Spain)
“Meteorology Fundamentals”, Cofis, given by: AEMET. (60h)
“Innovation and Creativity Management: Lectures of Business Success”, EOIBusiness School, given by: Creoma, Psicotec, Deloitte, Indra and Psicosoft. (160h).
C/C++, Java, Java SWT, MATLAB, SQL, Pro*C, XML, shell scripting
Linux Red Hat, Windows Family
CVS, eclipse, ultraedit, ddd, LaTeX, Mathematica, Netbeans
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.