Engineering professional with experience in supporting DoD, NASA, FAA, and commercial programs to develop launch vehicles, satellites, airplanes, thermal control systems, and environmental control and life support systems. Led and coordinated diverse range of teams to manage risks and produced successful results. Naturally a big-picture thinker that can organize complexity and communicate ideas to different groups. An extroverted and inquisitive team-player that enjoys working with people. Experienced in adapting to new working environments and finding ways to improve efficiency. Understands the value of systems engineering and how to tailor its tools to fit into different organizations, regardless of size. Knows how to manage a project from start to finish and staying focused on completing the job, no matter what path. Able to quickly grasp technical concepts and how they impact the overall system. Have knowledge of the aerospace industry and its challenges. Specific capabilities include:
· Business development, conceptual design, proposal writing, costing, program development, organizational structuring, project planning, requirements development, integrated risk management, systems integration, configuration management, statistical and reliability analysis, failure and fault tree analysis, safety analysis, test planning, regulation compliance, and relationship building.
· Technically competent in interdisciplinary areas such as system sizing, launch vehicle development, launch operations, liquid propulsion performance, commercial spaceflight regulations, system safety, range safety, failure investigation, payload integration, mission analysis, and flight mechanics.
ADVANCED CONCEPTS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT January 2013 – Present
Paragon Space Development Corporation – Business Development (BD) in Tucson, AZ.
· Leads pursuits and proposal efforts required to capture business from new customers and markets, as well as existing customers and markets
· Manages filtering all the incoming opportunities, resource allocations, and task distribution for BD.
· Supports new business pursuits that are led by other company personnel.
· Interfaces directly with customers and represents the company at technical and professional meetings.
· Consults and provides advice to the President/CEO and delegates regarding systems design of vehicles, subsystems, and components.
· Provides engineering and strategical support to the Vice President of Business Development.
· Responsible for strategic assessment of merger and acquisition (M&A) opportunities.
· Understands and applies first principles, concepts, practices and standards, with a full and competent knowledge of engineering, industry, and company practices.
· Familiar with the design, development, and manufacture of aerospace vehicles, thermal control systems, and environmental control and life support systems.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER October 2012 – January 2013
Schafer Corporation - Technology Management Division in Arlington, VA.
· Provided technical and project management services to DARPA.
· Led the flight test planning effort of the Integrated Hypersonics (IH) program.
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER September 2011 – September 2012
Orbital Sciences Corporation - Mission Systems Group in Dulles, VA.
· Provided systems engineering support for the integration and test phase of an experimental spacecraft program, which included customer and subcontractor interface, requirements management, mass properties and power budget management, and payload integration planning.
· Worked with the launch provider to produce the Interface Control Document (ICD). Solved various integration issues through technical discussions and analyses, including the design of an isolation system to reduce random vibration.
· Wrote the final report of the spacecraft development program.
· Participated in proposal efforts as a systems engineer in charge of configuration and sizing.
AEROSPACE SYSTEMS ENGINEER September 2008 – August 2011
Federal Aviation Administration - Office of Commercial Space Transportation in Washington, DC.
· Developed a methodology to estimate the reliability of a reusable launch vehicle using test results and historical trends. As the project lead, managed the team to assess the implementation of the method to support evaluating experimental permit applications.
· Developed the future policies of regulating human spaceflight activities by commercial operators.
· Implemented systems engineering methods and tools to improve the office's capabilities. Gave training to the staff and assisted management with strategic planning.
· Trained as a flight safety analyst and a safety inspector for commercial rocket launches. Evaluated system safety, hazards, flight operations, and integrated risks. Assessed expected casualty.
· Participated in Commercial Space Transportation Advisory Committee (COMSTAC) and served as a panel moderator for the office's annual conference.
· Planned and executed test projects. Researched and tested the explosive characteristics of non-traditional propellants such as nitrous oxide. Supported the testing of ADS-B datalink system on a suborbital launch vehicle at NASA Wallops Flight Facility.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER January 2005 – September 2008
CENTRA Technology - DARPA SETA Support in Arlington, VA.
Falcon Small Launch Vehicle Program
· As the project lead, managed the development of an air-launched liquid engine rocket.
Managed a team of contractors and government consultants from USAF, AFRL, and NASA.
Organized and conducted meetings, evaluations, technical reviews, test observation, risk mitigation, and system transition planning.
Communicated weekly status to the program manager and the agency director.
Assessed the feasibility of carrying a rocket on a C-17. Generated briefings to get permission.
Performed analyses to validate engine performance and to assess uncertainty.
Structured and provided recommendations for the contractor’s Systems Engineering Plan.
· Served as the program office representative to observe and report SpaceX's launch campaigns. Reviewed and tracked SpaceX's launch operations, onsite at Omelek Island.
Collected data and co-authored a technical paper on responsive launch operations.
Wrote the mission anomaly contingency plan.
Documented configuration management during launch pad processing.
Participated in the launch operations on a mission control console.
· Coordinated SpaceX's Failure Investigation and Return to Flight Board. Served as part of the technical investigation team; evaluated damaged parts and recommended changes to the vehicle design. Provided inputs for the final report.
· Participated in source selections, design and readiness reviews, and program briefings.
· Participated in developing new concepts and planned related research & development projects for advanced propulsion, solar power efficiency, and reusable launch vehicle system.
· Generated milestones criteria, reviewed technical and cost proposals, negotiated payments and schedule, and worked with contracting and financial officers to develop statement of work.
Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle Program
· Member of the Flight Test and Test Assets Working Group
Coordinated with various mission assets to optimize the launch time and window. Evaluated weather, sea state, and space environment data to give recommendations to the flight test lead.
Provided key inputs for the range integration requirements and documents.
· Led the launch vehicle selection process. Collected data from available launch vehicles and performed a trade study to be presented to the management.
AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER June 2002 – December 2004
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics - F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program in Fort Worth, TX.
· Analyzed the air vehicle flight performance in various mission scenarios.
· Tracked requirement margins and presented results to decision makers.
· Supported wind tunnel tests and flight test planning.
INTERN (CO-OP) June 2000 – September 2001
NASA - Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA.
· Developed and conducted tests to validate an optical measurement system to be used in wind tunnels.
· Performed aeroelasticity analysis of an experimental wing design using NASTRAN.
· M.S. in Systems Engineering and Engineering Management from Southern Methodist University
· B.S. in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from University of Washington
· Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Access, and other basic computer tools
· Systems Engineering Tools: CORE, DOORS, Visio, @Risk, Xmind (mind mapping tool)
· Analysis Tools: MATLAB, Simulink, Mathematica, Two Dimensional Kinetics (TDK), Chemical Equilibrium with Applications (CEA), Range Risk Assessment Tool (RRAT), Satellite Tool Kit
· Novice computer programming skills
· Other relevant training: Project Management (PMBOK), Risk-Informed Decision Making (RIDM), Requirements Writing, Analysis of Alternatives, System Safety, Probabilistic Risk Assessment, Hybrid Propulsion, Fundamentals of Hypersonics, and Re-entry Physics
· Fluent in Korean
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.