British subject: by birth
· Provided first and often largest bandwidth commercial internet access solutions via satellite to Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Hungary, Albania, Serbia and Algeria
· Initial founder of Global VSAT Forum (GVF) – Industry forum with 250+ members
· Closed major contract with NSS, now SES, for hosted satellite access solution
· Instrumental in getting RAM Mobile Data an award for best portable communication device by Personal Communications World Magazine – UK’s largest circulation computer magazine – location based GPS services
· Created LinkedIn business media group with almost 1000 industry members – currently owner and moderator
· Currently manage some of the largest enterprise and most complex VSAT solutions such as Saudi Aramco, EBU, UK MOD
· Have built up a significant pipeline of VSAT solution business for FY 2013 - > $15M
· Collaborated on numerous projects with a number of defence suppliers including Paradigm-UK; Astrium-UK, BT-UK, HAI-Greece, Al Harbi – Saudi, Hispasat- Spain
· Responsible for business development in the EMEA region through both direct and indirect channels
· Work with a number of satellite companies such as Avanti (UK), Esailsat (Qatar), Yahsat ( UAE), Arabsat (Saudi Arabia) on a co-operative basis
· Location based Wireless services – mobile solutions
· Major account management such as Aramco, Thales, Paradigm, Noviasat
· Extensive satellite industry contacts within the satellite operators, technology suppliers, integrators and teleports
· Regular speaker at various major satellite conferences such as Cabsat, Oil and Gas Aberdeen and defence seminars
· Sell, propose and manage complex IT networking security solutions through the use of satellite equipment
· Responsible for all aspect of complex RFP responses from bid through to closure and then execution planning to account management
August 2005 - June 2007
JDB Sales and Marketing
· Prepared responses to complex RFP responses such as CTBTO (Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organisation)
· Wrote a business and marketing plan to carry voice minutes for a start-up interconnect business based in London
· Implemented a VoIP network on behalf of the interconnect business based in Dubai and London
· Worked on initial funding plan for a set of 5 Ka band satellites
· Worked with a PC supplier to design and develop Windows Server Solutions
December 2004 - August 2005
ND Satcom (Now Astrium)
Hired to sell Managed services for ND SatCom a German OEM satellite hardware manufacturer
· Identified and developed new markets for fully managed services using the hardware solutions from ND Satcom.
· Created a pipeline of over $5 million from scratch for products and services on a global basis
· Speaker and chairman at a number of international industry conferences
· Developed new business opportunities in Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe, US and UK
May 2003 – December 2004
Developed sales and marketing strategy for new satellite broadband service company
· Selected PR Company and devised PR plan
· Defined sales channels (all indirect) throughout Europe and West Africa
· Identified and hired competent sales consultants and managed sales activities
· Defined and introduced new sales order process including a sales pricing model with channel pricing
Jan 2001 – May 2003
Arqiva (Was Kingston Inmedia)
Head of Sales – Internet and International Carriers
Lowered risk profile, improved gross profit, improved cash flow, significantly reduced capital requirements
· Redefined sales compensation plan and realigned staff to best market potential.
· Worked together with terrestrial service providers to define new terrestrial offerings including MCI, Kingston communications and Fibernet.
· Developed global sales strategy for International Carrier Services
· Mentored and recruited new staff to achieve maximum sales potential
· Developed business with large customers - directly including MCI Worldcom, New Skies Satellites, Alpha Telecom, some smaller Tier 2 voice carriers and ISP in international countries.
· Introduced new sales order process
· Responsible for the sales of rack space and solutions in a new on-site 20,000 sq. ft. data centre – sold 50% in 12 months
· Achieved 220% of Gross Profit target in first full year – 120% in 2nd full year.
· Developed new sustainable and repeatable business through system integrators and indirect channels.
· Speaker at numerous international satellite conferences, press interviews and PR opportunities.
Built up EMEA division to be the leading Internet by satellite company from almost $0 to $40 million+ PA
· Increased turnover from 0 to $40 million in 5 years
· I was directly responsible for a team of 14 people located in 4 European offices
· Identified suitable local resellers and then worked with them to develop a local marketing and sales strategy.
· Developed a sales and marketing strategy for Loral Cyberstar solutions throughout EMEA region
· Developed procedures for the efficient tracking of sales performance and target analysis
· Consistently over achieved annual sales target quotas.
· Worked with the US embassy to remove monopolistic barriers in Bulgaria to allow free access to Internet
· Worked with Akamai to define satellite delivery by multicasting to partners nodes
· Speaker and Chairman at numerous telecommunications conferences (typically 5+ per year)
· Started the industry forum the GVF – Global VSAT Forum
· Defined annual marketing strategy for GSS.
· Devised internal channel program on satellite communications such that the sales managers were able to offer services in areas where BT did not have a terrestrial solution.
· Identified new products and services that could be sold either as new or additional services to the satellite product portfolio.
· Worked closely with PR agencies and marketing communications.
· Produced market reports on various geographical regions and markets of the world for satellite ground investments investment purposes
· Speaker and chairman at numerous international telecommunications conferences.
· Organised customer demonstrations, seminars, exhibitions and product displays including early demonstrations of tracking services using GPS.
· Worked with system integrators to convert their dial-up applications into on-line applications for Mobile Data
· Worked with journalists in the IT sector to help them understand what mobile data services were
· Press and PR spokesman for the company on the subject of Mobile Data
UK Data Protection Act training
Cisco CCNA training
A levels - Physics – 7 O levels
Full Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma (MCIM)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.